Jarvis Landry says he wants to play for Dolphins next season, but | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry says he wants to play for Dolphins next season, but

Whatever the wrong decision is, I'm sure Tannenbaum will make it. That's how he rolls.

I would not tag him. Wouldn't that be like 16mill? BTW, I don't blame him for wanting to make as much as possible. I just hope we don't over pay like we did with Suh and several others

Ozzy rules!!

I’d tag him if need be. Yeah miami will have a lot in the wr group but guess what outside of that top 3 and drake no one else on o has played top 5 team money worthy or even carried a plus grade

So is what it is. Keep your best players

Good thing is should we pick up dvps 5th year we don’t have to pay the piper there til 2019 at $9 mil.

Buy yourself time miami

Not at all imo, we could have tagged him and probably worked out a better contract than the one he got from NY. The problem was we never tagged him, not the good tag anyway (same with Charles Clay). Now we need defensive ends because Wake is old and about washed up, Hayes is no longer a Miami Dolphin, Branch had a disappointing season, and Harris lacks production and run support ability right now. OV may not be a world beater, but he is young and well rounded as a 4-3 end, coincidentally exactly what this team needs right now despite all the resources we have used trying to replace him...

paying him what the Giants paid him would have been asinine. the issue is they didn't resign him for less when they had the chance and let him get to free agency.

And also fellas don’t get it twisted it took this team 20 years to find that level wr room. Don’t just think it grows on trees and you can just find it again.

Cause it doesn’t

It took the team 20 years to find a qb too. Same thing. Keep your best players

Give tanny 2018 with those top 3 WRs

Am I the only one who pretty much just doesn't care anymore? I'd like to keep him in Miami, but don't think he's worth what he's going to end up getting paid so I'm ok with whatever happens. The only thing that really does kind of piss me off though is we have a few players who are grossly overpaid that are average or just flat out suck, and because of this the one player who might actually be worth overpaying for could be let go because of the cap situation.

paying him what the Giants paid him would have been asinine. the issue is they didn't resign him for less when they had the chance and let him get to free agency.

That and they didn't tag him, like they should do with Jarvis if push comes to shove.

That and they didn't tag him, like they should do with Jarvis if push comes to shove.
How exactly are they going to fit 16 or so million that it would take to tag him under the cap? If they signed him to a regular contraxt they are surely going to backload some of it so the cap hit isnt so significant this season.

And also fellas don’t get it twisted it took this team 20 years to find that level wr room. Don’t just think it grows on trees and you can just find it again.

Cause it doesn’t

It took the team 20 years to find a qb too. Same thing. Keep your best players

Give tanny 2018 with those top 3 WRs
Question. Do you think Parker could play the slot? If the answer is yes and Landry leaves, would taking Sutton at 12 if he's there be a good move? The guy looks like a beast out there. I know the board would go crazy with a WR in the first round but the big play talent would be there with all 3 and cost way less than giving Landry 15mill a year

Ozzy rules!!

Ehh Miami can find money if need be. Have to cut some guys but if they want to do it they can keep juice on a tag.

I think it’s more relative to his position value than the player value for Miami. Cause he’s a damn good player the kind of player in free agency at his age teams would love to have. Checks all the suits up every week and max effort boxes you could ask for

Miami may be stuck on slot money instead of just wr money period and slot money won’t get it done nor should it when his market won’t dictate it

How exactly are they going to fit 16 or so million that it would take to tag him under the cap? If they signed him to a regular contraxt they are surely going to backload some of it so the cap hit isnt so significant this season.

The cap went up again, as always. I don't know the specifics, but there is no doubt in my mind with a cut or two here or there they can afford to tag him. If they don't it's their choice not to, but their hands will not be tied. Just like with OV and Clay, they aren't Dolphins because we didn't want to keep them at a high price, not because we simply couldn't afford to. The same is true with Landry, there is always money available if you need it to be. How do you think Philly extended Alshon and Jernigan with all of their cap issues, money can always be moved around.

Last edited:
I’d tag him if need be. Yeah miami will have a lot in the wr group but guess what outside of that top 3 and drake no one else on o has played top 5 team money worthy or even carried a plus grade

So is what it is. Keep your best players

Good thing is should we pick up dvps 5th year we don’t have to pay the piper there til 2019 at $9 mil.

Buy yourself time miami

Well the tag would allow one more year to see what DVP can do and Landry again with Ryan back before final decisions are made about the 2 players - but that’s a ton of cap especially in light of how its been managed recently.

That on top of the fact that they are headstrong on keeping a player like Pouncey.

Well the tag would allow one more year to see what DVP can do and Landry again with Ryan back before final decisions are made about the 2 players - but that’s a ton of cap especially in light of how its been managed recently.

Yeah I know. But those 3 WRs and tanny and drake are your 5 best players on tape on o.

The left tackle may get there next year. But Miami doesn’t have to make any decision with him til much later.

Keep your best players. We control a bunch of guys on the o line dirt cheap only real question there is pouncey we can add in the draft at rb and tight end cheap and we have to make a james decision.

Ehh Miami can find money if need be. Have to cut some guys but if they want to do it they can keep juice on a tag.

I think it’s more relative to his position value than the player value for Miami. Cause he’s a damn good player the kind of player in free agency at his age teams would love to have. Checks all the suits up every week and max effort boxes you could ask for

Miami may be stuck on slot money instead of just wr money period and slot money won’t get it done nor should it when his market won’t dictate it

If it comes down to it, I could see Miami tagging and then trading Juice. A team like Cleveland with a ton of picks and cap would make for a logical trade partner, trading juice for a 2nd for example would not be such a bad outcome in the end imho. But it would have to be a high second like Cleveland's, but if Juice is that much of a problem contract wise I think this would be a good compromise. Losing him like we did with OV and Clay would not be acceptable though, how many good players that this team drafted are we going to let walk to pay bums like Mario Williams and Jordan Cameron?

Back
Top Bottom