Jarvis Landry says he wants to play for Dolphins next season, but | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry says he wants to play for Dolphins next season, but

Yeah I know. But those 3 WRs and tanny and drake are your 5 best players on tape on o.

The left tackle may get there next year. But Miami doesn’t have to make any decision with him til much later.

Keep your best players. We control a bunch of guys on the o line dirt cheap only real question there is pouncey we can add in the draft at rb and tight end cheap and we have to make a james decision.

I can’t argue about who is producing and who isn’t on offense that’s for sure.

Luckily you have the corners at cheap contracts also which helps some of these decisions, unless of course Mike goes after Sherman. Lol

Well I know they could find the money to sign him, but at what point do they get stuck? I'm almost at the point where enough is just enough with overpaying for these players. But then again what the heck... what's 1 more, idk how u can look at Landry in the face and tell him he doesn't deserve a little extra when we have a roster half filled with guys making way more than what they're worth.

Everybody keeps talking about how far away this team is. It’s not. You have to bank on development some places sure but those kids are showing signs where you should.

You add some pieces in the draft you bet on the scheme and you keep your best players.

What you need more than anything and if you had you would be playing for something still is tanny back healthy.

And all this this team sucks stuff wouldn’t be going on right now.

The goal in 2018 should be to win a playoff game. Get there and win one.

This teams got enough to do it with a few quality adds and the return of guys Miami is counting on

There’s quality talent on the defense youth wise. Kids that look like solid pros long term.

That's how it should be. This is their career and Most only have a limited time to accumulate as much as they can before injury or age ends it.

If Miami offers only a little less, I hope he takes it, but if another team offers him a lot more and we don't match, I don't blame him one bit for moving on. Good for him.

Absolutely. I won't ever slag on players for taking the money. You only have a limited amount of time to earn money when you choose football as your career.

I have no problem with people make a **** ton of money if they can (legally), even though I think it's absurd to make these types of scratch playing a freaking game....but I hope he makes us just as fair of a deal as he expects from us.

I'm certainly not going to burn a vigil for these poor players bc they "have to get as much as they can bc their window to earn is so short". An average family could survive quite well for many years off of $10 mil, and some of these guys are getting that every year.

He's a vital piece of our O and I would love to keep him and have him retire a Dolphin but there is no way on earth he is $16mil a year level of "vital". One year tag maybe, but his pay should be on par with his production. His production is on par with Edelman, and that's with being force fed.

He won't get 16 imo anywhere but 13 is possible. I want him here but no.way at 14 or 15

Best player on our team. Be even better with a True #1 WR. He worth tops 14 to me.

Not at all imo, we could have tagged him and probably worked out a better contract than the one he got from NY. The problem was we never tagged him, not the good tag anyway (same with Charles Clay). Now we need defensive ends because Wake is old and about washed up, Hayes is no longer a Miami Dolphin, Branch had a disappointing season, and Harris lacks production and run support ability right now. OV may not be a world beater, but he is young and well rounded as a 4-3 end, coincidentally exactly what this team needs right now despite all the resources we have used trying to replace him...

I was one of the few that looked past his sack totals to see his true value to the team. But hey, look at all of the resources we've spent on replacing this guy "we could replace easily".

Don't worry, many more conversations like that one ahead for us. And we will continue to be able to replace them easily in the draft or with some grocery bagger off the street. This stuff is easy.

Except that is a lie and we are not good at drafting or signing FA's. We got this. ;)

And also fellas don’t get it twisted it took this team 20 years to find that level wr room. Don’t just think it grows on trees and you can just find it again.

Cause it doesn’t

It took the team 20 years to find a qb too. Same thing. Keep your best players

Give tanny 2018 with those top 3 WRs

I agree. We're NEVER going to get better getting rid of our good players. We can find the cap room elsewhere on the roster if need be. He's going to get paid, and he deserves it. We should put a premium on players that we drafted and KNOW play well in our system. If we replace him with a draft pick or a free agent, we run a HUGE RISK that it won't pan out as well. How many times do we have to make this mistake?

Said it before and I'll say it again. If his price tag is in the same bracket as Doug Baldwin, do it. If he wants Julio money and up, think long and hard about it before signing him to that pay day.

I agree. We're NEVER going to get better getting rid of our good players. We can find the cap room elsewhere on the roster if need be. He's going to get paid, and he deserves it. We should put a premium on players that we drafted and KNOW play well in our system. If we replace him with a draft pick or a free agent, we run a HUGE RISK that it won't pan out as well. How many times do we have to make this mistake?
As many times as it takes till we get it right, lol.

Back
Top Bottom