Jarvis Landry says he wants to play for Dolphins next season, but | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry says he wants to play for Dolphins next season, but

Not at all imo, we could have tagged him and probably worked out a better contract than the one he got from NY. The problem was we never tagged him, not the good tag anyway (same with Charles Clay). Now we need defensive ends because Wake is old and about washed up, Hayes is no longer a Miami Dolphin, Branch had a disappointing season, and Harris lacks production and run support ability right now. OV may not be a world beater, but he is young and well rounded as a 4-3 end, coincidentally exactly what this team needs right now despite all the resources we have used trying to replace him...
I could see your point if he was decent. He only had success here because Suh was constantly taking double teams, and the back/te was chiping Wake. He just had to beat a 1vs1... I think he has 5.5 sacks this year? and NY is paying him like a 13+ sack a year guy. Imagine how much more hellish our cap would be with him, with limited production. OV is severely overrated on this board, merely because of the Canes connection i'm guessing...

I could see your point if he was decent. He only had success here because Suh was constantly taking double teams, and the back/te was chiping Wake. He just had to beat a 1vs1... I think he has 5.5 sacks this year? and NY is paying him like a 13+ sack a year guy. Imagine how much more hellish our cap would be with him, with limited production. OV is severely overrated on this board, merely because of the Canes connection i'm guessing...

Brandon Graham has played 8 seasons in the NFL. Right now he has 9.5 sacks, but outside of this year Graham's season high sack total is 6.5 sacks (OV is 11.5). Today Brandon Graham is on of the best, if not the best 4-3 defensive end in the NFL. Obviously OV is not BG, but the point is sack total is not everything a DE should be judged on. OV was absolutely instrumental in turning around that defense in 2016, and this year has has been hurt for 4 games I believe. OV is an excellent young defensive end, just like Brandon Graham was when he was OV's age, and he has mostly been underappreciated by his fan base as well because of the sack numbers.

Last edited:
OV was very solid at setting the edge and stopping the run. I also think he's missed 4 games? due to injury this year which is why his sack totals are down.

11mil tops that's only because of his passion. Anything above that I'm happy to invest in other needed positions.

If you're paying for passion then you're making stupid decisions. A Doug Baldwin type deal is fair (and enough) for Landry. But given the hike in salary cap I could definitely see a team like the 49ers or Browns making him one of the top paid receivers in the NFL.

If that's the case, Miami will get an extra compensatory pick.

The FA market at receiver is also very weak, so teams will likely see it as Landry or bust. With Davante Adams also garnering top money, I could also see the Packers releasing Randall Cobb to keep Adams, so that's another name to watch for.

Sounds like we’re on the way to a deal getting done.

Miami stated they would use franchise or translation tag before letting Landry walk.

He’s not going anywhere.

11mil tops that's only because of his passion. Anything above that I'm happy to invest in other needed positions.
no one is gonna say, whelp i'm fine with him leaving because some other team paid him 15m and I had my line set at 11m. Landry has earned it, pay the man, eventually we will have fans who understand you have to draft your starters and you have to pay the people you drafted that earned it.

Yeah right Landry, just come out and say it..........money money money moneeeey
and honestly, he's earned, earned, earned, earrrrrrned it...besides 2 defensive players I can think of, name me one other person on these team that plays at his level week in and week out? He's Chris Carter reincarnate...guy is better than OBJR IMHO...

no one is gonna say, whelp i'm fine with him leaving because some other team paid him 15m and I had my line set at 11m. Landry has earned it, pay the man, eventually we will have fans who understand you have to draft your starters and you have to pay the people you drafted that earned it.

Do you have no upper limit?

and honestly, he's earned, earned, earned, earrrrrrned it...besides 2 defensive players I can think of, name me one other person on these team that plays at his level week in and week out? He's Chris Carter reincarnate...guy is better than OBJR IMHO...
A very biased and skewed opinion at that.

We'll see if the Dolphins are stupid or not.

Let's see if we lose another one of the rare players that we draft and actually pan out for us. Still haven't replaced Vernon.

So if someone overpays for him too, it's somehow the dolphins fault?

Do you have no upper limit?
I thought the upper limit for DTs was what suh got paid a few seasons ago. that's been eclipsed. I thought the upper limit for QBs was what Cam newton got a few years ago. that's been eclipsed. Basically it really doesn't matter what landry gets, in a few years he won't be in the top 5 anymore.

A very biased and skewed opinion at that.
not biased at all; the guy plays lights out...I'm from NY and surrounded by all things Giants and Jets...OBJR doesn't have the best reputation up here as being a team player...he is a me first guy and wants the stat line...Landry has played his heart out for this team...He's stayed very positive about everything too...perhaps there is some biased, but skewed...please tell me how it's skewed...b/c OBJR has made some spectacular catches? So has #14...

Back
Top Bottom