Jarvis Landry vs DeVante Parker Analytics Battle Video | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry vs DeVante Parker Analytics Battle Video

I requested those 17 mins of my life back after watching that "analysis". Still waiting though!

Landry had made some of the most spectacular catches in team history. He's also explosive, difficult to tackle, and deadly in the open field. Ya he's not athletic, smh. Whatever metrics and analytics this guy is using need to be tossed. Another piss poor thread by the op.

This isn't even a debate. Landry has been consistent, been a focal point of the offense, and most importantly been a leader since day one. Parker has all the potential in the word but that's all it's been after a couple years. Potential. Nothing more.

Devante has a higher ceiling based on raw talent, but Landry's fight, hustle and consistency make him a better player.

Devante's struggles have been self imposed based on maturity and injuries. He's still an unknown.

I actually think with better receiver play that Landry will be able to make more of an impact with fewer touches. He's generally been the focal point of the receiver group but now we (hopefully) have a tight end who can stretch the field and a healthy DVP. And also a running game.

As with every team, health is the biggest factor with our success. Not many teams in the league have the firepower Miami has on paper. But as in typical Miami fashion, bringing that to fruition is a completely different story.

I think we should keep all three. Don't let any of them walk into free agency. If you have to trade one, Landry is the last guy. That may change, but let's focus on keeping the three amigos (2.0) together.

;) What did you expect, silly? Analytics are, as Monty Python would say, "Just a model"....
It's just the data he used to decide which player was the best bet for the future was pretty crappy and irrelevant. Then he ignored the results from the data and went with the other guy, which tells you all you need to know.

I got bored trying to watch that youtube and turned it off.

None of that means anything right now.

Gase inherited a team with some talent - but Philbin was the curse of death.

The worse thing possible in the NFL is 8-8.

If you are 1-15 you know where you stand.

If you are 8-8 you are keeping a drek, mediocre, crap coach around for years too many.

I could not stand that guy - I called him weekend at Bernie's.

They should have brought him out in a coffin to coach on Sundays. He was so dead!

So now we have a real coach.

We still have no idea how good this team can be - especially our offense.

Dolphin fans like me have been SERIOUSLY suffering for decades.

Philbin prolonged our suffering and doubled down on it because his terrible coaching has helped keep the Patriots at the top.

We need a Dolphin team that can do serious damage to the Patriots and start winning the division.

This team can do that.

All the rest is BS!

Here's my Anal-ytics

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

And Landry exudes this trait better than ANY player on this team and dare I say
BETTER THAN 99.9 % OF players in the NFL

This will be one of the top trios in the league very soon. I can't wait to see these guys as they get more experience in the same system. Stills is signed and will be almost "uncuttable" for the next 3 years but his contract is not that restrictive. Landry will be signed the first week of camp (I expect) and we have Parker under contract for 3 more years (including option) which means we don't have to re-sign him until 2020. The same time we can get out of the Stills contract with little dead space ($1.75M).

We are currently ranked 29th in the league in positional spending at WR at $12.5M (8% of the cap) but that should increase to the $20M range very soon.

We are in good shape here.

Here's my Anal-ytics

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

And Landry exudes this trait better than ANY player on this team and dare I say
BETTER THAN 99.9 % OF players in the NFL

You bring up something that can't be measured by stats and then put a quantitative amount to measure it. Not sure that's possible, or that you can even make such a statement with a quality that can't really be measured or defined.

It's just the data he used to decide which player was the best bet for the future was pretty crappy and irrelevant. Then he ignored the results from the data and went with the other guy, which tells you all you need to know.

He didn't Ignore the results he went with Landry.

Back
Top Bottom