Jarvis Landry won’t be taking a hometown discount to stay in Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry won’t be taking a hometown discount to stay in Miami

You do know what a contract is?
You sign it and you play for it.

Tell all 32 teams that when they decide to cut bait on guys before free agency starts.

Guess Miami should honor the Julius Thomas deal or Maxwell for that matter.

There is no loyality when it comes to contracts in football . . . Definitely not by the owners.

Juice didn't hold out, he played every single game he was eligible for and was extremely productive.

He would be the dumbest dude in the league if he gave Miami a discount. Miami needs to come correct with their offer.

And i get it, maybe Miami doesn't want him . . . My guess is they do but they want to be cheap about it. The one guy who has earned his payday they want to penny pench on.

Typical Dolphins.

I always love this argument. When players aren't playing to their contracts by this reasoning should they give some of the money back?

No, they get cut.

And truth is, had Miami approached this extension earlier they would of gotten a discount on a longterm deal.

That ship has sailed.

Just watched all of Landry's Tds this year in the highlight thread. I can see how the Fins think they can replace his TD production. He was schemed wide open on at least 4 of his touchdowns and I'm being conservative. As for replace all those catches, spreading the targets might actually do wonders for this offense, expecially if they manage to get a decent TE working the seams...
I talked about that in another thread. We don't need one guy to come in a catch 100 catches. What we need is to score more points and that happens when you use ALL your weapons instead of tartgeting one guy 160 times. Anyone we put on the slot will not catch 100 passes but most guys will give us more chunk yards. You win by scoring more and not by having your slot WR lead your team in catches

Ozzy rules!!

Simply not worth more than 5 mill a year on a 1 year deal, a slow slot WR with an attitude problem.

Ask yourself, would the Pats sign such a guy except under a 1 year bargain basement deal? The Steelers?

I really do not like players that cause drama, and this is the Dolphin drama queen.

Simply not worth more than 5 mill a year on a 1 year deal, a slow slot WR with an attitude problem.

Ask yourself, would the Pats sign such a guy except under a 1 year bargain basement deal? The Steelers?

I really do not like players that cause drama, and this is the Dolphin drama queen.

So which overpaid player would have the best shot at living up to their contracts?

Kiko "I get beat my one Cut" Alonso
Andre "I get no pass rush" Branch
Jarvis Landry

The answer is so obvious the question is ridiculous.

"We need to build through the draft"
"Draft picks are so valuable"

The team locks up FA's and lets their good drafted players walk. Wonder why we are stuck in mediocre land.

I dont get the use of bringing Alonso and Branch into this argument... Prior mistakes have nothing to do with how you give out current contracts, if anything, they should encourage you to be more careful going foward...

I talked about that in another thread. We don't need one guy to come in a catch 100 catches. What we need is to score more points and that happens when you use ALL your weapons instead of tartgeting one guy 160 times. Anyone we put on the slot will not catch 100 passes but most guys will give us more chunk yards. You win by scoring more and not by having your slot WR lead your team in catches

Ozzy rules!!

But isn't the question why is Landry getting the majority of the targets? Did the coaches decide he is the guy they wanna play through or is everybody else just not getting open? Or is it simply Ryan doesn't have enough time to throw so he checks it down to Landry?<--- I think its a combination of guys not getting open at times and at other times Ryan not having time thus having to check down to Landry. So in essence if we get rid of Landry Ryan will either just check down to his backs or Landry's replacement thus they will get the Lions shares of targets and once again we are in the same predicament with the offense.

So which overpaid player would have the best shot at living up to their contracts?

Kiko "I get beat my one Cut" Alonso
Andre "I get no pass rush" Branch
Jarvis Landry

The answer is so obvious the question is ridiculous.

"We need to build through the draft"
"Draft picks are so valuable"

The team locks up FA's and lets their good drafted players walk. Wonder why we are stuck in mediocre land.
Yes, we get it. The team is horribly run. What do you expect? They’ve been a bottom feeder for a long time now.

What’s done is done. One can only hope that they make better decisions going forward. Overpaying for Landry isn’t going to solve the team’s financial problems; it will only add to them.

I agree the contracts given to Alonzo and Andre were/are foolish and a sign of bad management. However compounding the problem by overpaying Jarvis is illogical.

Everyone always wants the 4.4 LB the 4.2 WR, how about concentrating on the most most factors instead. Intelligent, athletic players who want to play and enjoy the game of football, get away from the BALLERS from the HBO show.

Zach Thomas was too slow and too small, yet could play the game. Mark Clayton was 5'8" tall. Tom Brady is skinny and slow, find these guys they are out there.

Yes, we get it. The team is horribly run. What do you expect? They’ve been a bottom feeder for a long time now.

What’s done is done. One can only hope that they make better decisions going forward. Overpaying for Landry isn’t going to solve the team’s financial problems; it will only add to them.
Agreed. Arguing about bad contracts to prove another player should be highly overpaid makes little sense.

I guess but I'd rather have an overpaid Landry than either of those guys. That's my larger point. He would at least come close to living up to that contract. Slot WR's are a dime a dozen to some extent. We got away with the great Devone Bess for a few seasons.

Legal within the contract

And it is fully legal and acceptable for a guy not to give a team a hometown discount when he is expendable at any time.

I am all for players getting what they can get, especially productive ones. Free agency will have to prove me wrong because I guarantee the market for Jarvis will be extremely healthy.

I agree the contracts given to Alonzo and Andre were/are foolish and a sign of bad management. However compounding the problem by overpaying Jarvis is illogical.

Everyone always wants the 4.4 LB the 4.2 WR, how about concentrating on the most most factors instead. Intelligent, athletic players who want to play and enjoy the game of football, get away from the BALLERS from the HBO show.

Zach Thomas was too slow and too small, yet could play the game. Mark Clayton was 5'8" tall. Tom Brady is skinny and slow, find these guys they are out there.

What about the durable ones?

And it ain't overpaying if the money is what the market dictates.

And it is fully legal and acceptable for a guy not to give a team a hometown discount when he is expendable at any time.

I am all for players getting what they can get, especially productive ones. Free agency will have to prove me wrong because I guarantee the market for Jarvis will be extremely healthy.

Agree with that. Teams can cut bait. Players can walk. It's when emotions (Landry) get involved that reason leaves the room. A discount to stay in Florida is reasonable, but Landry seems to see 'respect' as the top line

Back
Top Bottom