Jarvis looking for Top 5 $ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis looking for Top 5 $

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Looks like Landry is looking to move into the top 5 with his deal which if you average the top 5 guys right now it's around $14.8M a year.

Miami is looking to pay him around $12M a year, which is around Top 7/8.

Just a little snippet I heard again today, although it's kinda been widely known before that this is the snag in the negations.

(This is from a personal source that I cannot divulge, so please don't ask. My reputation here speaks for itself and I've never been one to BS. If you don't believe me that's fine, just move on.)

True, but in the scheme of things if you were willing to pay Landry $13.4 million and he wanted $14.8 would you really be willing to lose him over a $1.4 difference? If we lose Landry and have to settle for DeAndre Hopkins for less money I would be ok in time. I wouldn't cry about a receiving corp of Parker, Hopkins, Stills, Carroo and Ford. I might have to add a cheaper slot/receiver to round out the unit.

This will be like Stills. They price themselves out of range and the team will remain at their price. Eventually they will find middle ground. simple negotiating.
We hope this will happen. But judging by the past, this seems unlikely.

well...we are deep at the position....his value is trade worthy...hate to lose him but the team is more important to me....he is no Marino....Adrian Peterson in his prime....Barry Sanders....Jerry Rice....

Hopefully there is a middle ground to that with Miami having no state tax maybe Jarvis giving a discount to that? 2 million isn't that far apart per year the cap keeps going up every year + dead money becomes available to the Miami cap.

If DeVante Parker ups his game, as many of us expect, and Julius Thomas becomes a significant target, there is the real possibility that Jarvis' opportunities decline a little this season. While I'm strongly of the belief that Landry is a very important part of the team, finding the right dollar amount that fits our long term expenditure projections and satisfying his ego, may not be easy. Tannenbaum needs to find the point of equilibrium, stroke Jarvis' massive ego and not ridiculously overspend.

My feeling is that if DeVante Parker breaks out (and I'll believe it when I see it), Landry might be moving on elsewhere.

Well where is he ranked among the recievers in the different publications? Anybody know?

Back
Top Bottom