Jarvis looking for Top 5 $ | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis looking for Top 5 $

Don't think $12M is the issue. The GTD part is where the contract talks.

Then I tell him, fine. Score 10 TD's this year and I'll give it to you because 4 aint cutting it.

I agree with this he needs to give us at least 8 annually to be paid top 5 money but we set ourselves up for this with the stills deal. somebody's gonna have to walk in a few years and I sure as hell hope it's not juice or dvp

We can cut Kenny in 2 years with $6.5m cap hit or after 3 with $1.75m hit. DVP has 2 more years plus the 5th year option, which the FO will use if DVP explodes. So, when it comes to signing DVp we can use Kenny's salary and fill his spot with Carroo, Drake, a draftee or a new FA.

So it makes no sense not to sign Juice. He's asking a little too much but only because he knows how important his character is to this team and he (his agent) figures the team will cave into paying more than his strict value elsewhere.

I agree with this he needs to give us at least 8 annually to be paid top 5 money but we set ourselves up for this with the stills deal. somebody's gonna have to walk in a few years and I sure as hell hope it's not juice or dvp

Stills deal is cheap. I don't understand this notion that his deal is somehow outrageous.

Like I said, $12M isn't the issue... $48M/4 with $30M GTD is a more appealing than $56M/4 with $24M GTD. Stills took less salary to stay here because the contract was highly guaranteed.... And still that contract isn't bad at all. Jarvis isn't going to leave, we'll slap the tag on him before he even gets to sniff the open market.

Letting Landy go would be a bonehead decision. It reminds me so much of the Welker decision a few years ago.

Top 5 slot? Yes.
Top 5 WR? No.

Top 7 in no particular order:
1) Antonio Brown
2) Julio Jones
3) OBJ
4) Dez Bryant
5) AJ Green
6) Jordy Nelson
7) DeAndre Hopkins

Jarvis would be somewhere 8 through 12-ish...
Add Mike Evans,Davante Adams, Michael Thomas,Doug Baldwin,TY Hilton to the list

Then its a good thing we have set up a buyer's market for ourselves at WR.

Landry is going to have to work with the team a bit especially if Miami continues to win. You can't pay a slot receiver top 5 money, you just can't sorry Juice. Top 5 means this Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Antonio Brown, T.Y Hilton (in terms of money righ now) and it's going to mean Odell Beckham, Mike Evans and probably Brandin Cooks in terms for money in the future.

So in my opinion it goes like this:

1) Odell Beckham
2) Antonio Brown
3) Julio Jones
4) Mike Evans
5) T.Y. Hilton
6) Demaryius Thomas
7) Brandin Cooks

8) Landry

That's makes his contract value in the 12m per year range. It is what it is.

Last edited:
" top 5 money" is subjective. the market dictates what players are getting paid, which is why you see players like Landry getting money like this. Personally I'm more than okay with paying him "top 5". Landry is an ambassador for this organization and has personally gotten our team more attention than any player in recent memory. Not paying Landry because you're banking on DVP becoming a superstar is pretty risky and doesn't make a whole bunch of sense. while they're both Wr's they're completely different players. If we're lucky enough that DVP becomes a superstar we pick up his 5th year and then trade Stills to keep Landry and DVP IMO.

We can cut Kenny in 2 years with $6.5m cap hit or after 3 with $1.75m hit. DVP has 2 more years plus the 5th year option, which the FO will use if DVP explodes. So, when it comes to signing DVp we can use Kenny's salary and fill his spot with Carroo, Drake, a draftee or a new FA.

So it makes no sense not to sign Juice. He's asking a little too much but only because he knows how important his character is to this team and he (his agent) figures the team will cave into paying more than his strict value elsewhere.

I'm sure that's probably the thought process...Kenny stills exits in 3 years.

I hope this doesn't turn this into a contest with OBJ who just signed a crazy shoe deal too. Man, I LOVE Landry....but despite his heart which is HUGE, he is limited as to what he can do compared to the true top receivers in this league. I hope we can come to an agreement, but I would say 12-13M MAX. He needs to be a team player and understand the money we will have tied up in receivers if he tries to break the bank!

Back
Top Bottom