Jason Allen Emerges | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Allen Emerges

Kdawg954 said:
Yea, the man seemed to make an impact even if he was the 5th DB in. Totore u been one of the people really standing up for this team and guys like Allen and it really shows truth to be patient with guys and this team on days like this.

Thanks for the compliment bro:D

Go Dolphins!:dolphins:

Oooooops, my mistake, sorry, boy do I need a hearing aid and new glasses or what.? ...........:confused:

Sorry Jason. :o

Both bell and Allen made plays, which is something that our secondary has desperately needed. Whether or not they where almost coincidence is somewhat irrelevant because we've seen Tillman and Hill struggling to do even that.

What?

inFINSible said:
Jason Allen's INT was more a product of a bad throw than a good play by Allen....but, at least he hung onto the ball. :)

Did you even see the play? :shakeno: He broke up the pass, knocked it into the air and then brought it down, it was a GREAT Int.

Pocoloco said:
The interception wasn't very impressive, but his overall game was. Great job for Jason Allen. I except great things out of this kid.

First of all, NO interceptions are unimpressive (unless its a hail mary with 10 seconds to go in any half).

Second, this guy has seen VERY little playing time in the first 7 games.

I think what we saw out of him today was FAR better than any other DB we have seen in that package ( Nickle, dime? )

Third! All DBs get BURNED their first year. JA will. JA will also make some plays for us, as hes shown today.

Let the kid play!!!

I thought he did GREAT today:)

P.S YB is teh Sheet!!! (We have good things to look forward to miami:))

FinNasty said:
He had a great game on the limited reps he got. Made a great play on the ball when he batted it down... and then had an INT. What a game by the rook! Get this kid some more playing time!

Agreed and Y. Bell getting into the starting lineup was overdue as well. Allen looked much moire comfertable and is starting to make an impact.

PhinsRock said:
Did you even see the play? :shakeno: He broke up the pass, knocked it into the air and then brought it down, it was a GREAT Int.
It looks like maybe you're the one who didn't see the play.

Allen was behindthe intended receiver, desmond clark, the ball was way over-thrown(a good pass would have been an easy completion) , Allen jumped up and caught it. There was no pass break-up and there was no "knocking it into the air".

adamprez2003 said:
Allen and Bell could be a good combo for us next year at the safety positions. Will Allen played poorly I thought but then again the Guinesses were flowing so I'm not sure

yah i thought that last offseason..... dont exactly know why we had to suffer the first 7 games without our best players on the field.

Xbrett82us said:
Congrats to Allen he played a good game and the INT was impressive. Good things to come for this player....I think he will make us proud in the future.

He made a big difference when he was in there. The secondary even LOOKED different.

inFINSible said:
Allen was behindthe intended receiver, desmond clark, the ball was way over-thrown(a good pass would have been an easy completion)

Exactly right.

inFINSible said:
Allen jumped up and caught it. There was no pass break-up and there was no "knocking it into the air".

Not exactly right. Allen did tip it up in the air before catching it, and wouldn't have been able to make the catch any other way. He slowed it down with the tip and when it dropped he latched onto it. I'll try to post a clip of it here in a day or so.

furball4 said:
Exactly right.

Not exactly right. Allen did tip it up in the air before catching it, and wouldn't have been able to make the catch any other way. He slowed it down with the tip and when it dropped he latched onto it. I'll try to post a clip of it here in a day or so.
I'd agree with that. Still doesn't equal "knocking it into the air".....He stopped it and then grabbed it.

No pass breaking-up involved at all.

Yeah, definitely no pass break up. Definitely several feet behind the receiver!

inFINSible said:
Jason Allen's INT was more a product of a bad throw than a good play by Allen....but, at least he hung onto the ball. :)

Things like that happen when you around the ball consistently

TotoreMexico said:
Thanks for the compliment bro:D

Go Dolphins!:dolphins:

and guess who has been his biggest critic?? ME....but great players make plays because they are always around the ball...It was awesome watching him pick that off..I literally jumped out of my seat at the sportbar..man was it great..........Im not ready to call him a future pro bowler..but it was nice to see him produce.

This is one week we need to spend more time on this board PRAISING players and coaches rather than questioning them

NJL52 said:
Yes.....Grossman horribly over threw the ball. The announcers even went as far as saying "8 feet over his year" when referring to the ball placement in relation to the reciever.

He was in decent position to make the tackle, the bare minimum that I would expect out of an NFL safety.

He was in the right place at the right time by pure chance.

Call me crazy but maybe he was reading the QB's eyes like your taught to do :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom