Jason Cole on ESPN... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Cole on ESPN...

MrClean

The one and only
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
among other things, he said that Miami brought in former Gators' safety Daryl Dixon in the wake of the Akins injury. He did not specify if we signed him or if it was just for a workout. He was an undrafted free agent this year. A short stocky guy who is a hard hitter. He has all the intangibles: aggressive, tough, instinctive and reactive. He is around the ball alot and had 115 tackles, 7 pbu and 3 picks last year. His downside is lack of ideal speed, 4.7 forty, and size at only 5'9".
This in no way makes up for Akins at this point and we'll have to see what other moves are made, if any.

Well he definitely has big game experience and at this point something is better than nothing. I don't think that the speed or size will play as much of a factor if the guys a ball hog and a good hitter than it might just be what the doctor ordered. Hey look at it this way we lost a couple of super stars and now we are filling in spots with role players. In a lot of ways this may be a blessing these guys will play harder to make up for the loss of others. "Seasons not over since it hasn't even begun"

He's not bad, and they could get him for cheap. Plus he is a hard worker, so maybe he is a good pick up.

He definitely has a good work ethic and fits the bill of a ST'er (good worker, good tackler)

Isn't Scott Mcgarahan. Spelled wrong probably still available?

Csabe, i think he was picked up by the Titans. If not the Titans I know I read he was signed by someone.

phin in the NW said:
Csabe, i think he was picked up by the Titans. If not the Titans I know I read he was signed by someone.
Yes your correct, he signed with the Titans.

He was with the Titans the entire 2003 season and had the best year of his career. He played all 16 games, started 2, and had a career high 47 tackles. He is a mainstay now on their special teams and Jeff Fisher loves him. He also played in their nickel and dime packages.
In retrospect he looks like one we should have not let get away, but at the time it seems like we decided to keep Gamble and/or Wooden over him and you can only keep so many backup safeties.
Gamble had career ending injuries and now Wooden's future as a player is in doubt...Scott is still going strong...maybe we didn't keep the right guy.

Who's going to replace Shawn Wooden? And what about Trent Gamble? Did we re-sign him or did he sign elsewhere? Is he still availible?

Dolfan31, the phins are looking at the market right now to see about signing a FS or SS that can play special teams. I don't think anyone has been signed as of yet. They tried out a kid from Florida but i dont know if anything came of that.

Oboy said:
He definitely has a good work ethic and fits the bill of a ST'er (good worker, good tackler)
He should make a good STer.He doesnt have the physical tools to be a starter but he is intense:fire: and you will hear his hits from the stands.:jawdrop:

DolFan31 said:
Who's going to replace Shawn Wooden? And what about Trent Gamble? Did we re-sign him or did he sign elsewhere? Is he still availible?
Gamble is no longer playing. I believe last year's injuries were such that he had to retire and the Dolphins reached some type of injury settlement with him.
No way to know yet who will replace Wooden. Maybe Yeremiah Bell. Maybe an as of yet unsigned, unknown veteran.
I'd like to see us consider Gerald McBurrows who has been a very good special teamer for Atlanta the past several seasons.
I like your avatar.

MrClean said:
Gamble is no longer playing. I believe last year's injuries were such that he had to retire and the Dolphins reached some type of injury settlement with him.
No way to know yet who will replace Wooden. Maybe Yeremiah Bell. Maybe an as of yet unsigned, unknown veteran.
I'd like to see us consider Gerald McBurrows who has been a very good special teamer for Atlanta the past several seasons.
I like your avatar.

Thanks. :up:

Come back to the Political Forum whenever you feel like debating. :)

Back
Top Bottom