Jason Taylor says "Henne is more talented than Mark Sanchez" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor says "Henne is more talented than Mark Sanchez"

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
Taylor, who rejoined the Miami Dolphins after playing last season with the New York Jets, told a Miami TV station that teammate Chad Henne is a more talented quarterback than Sanchez.

"We need to grow and we need to continue to change, and I think Chad has grown immensely since I left here a year ago," Taylor said in an interview with the local NBC affiliate. "I saw a kid in New York, Mark Sanchez, that is young, I don't think he's as talented as Chad Henne."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...hez-not-talented-chad-henne-jason-taylor-says

:lol:

Not only has Jason Taylor lost a step in his old age..He has also lost his mind..

I agree. But Sanchez can put the team on his back, and Henne cannot. When the pressures on, he folds.

Talent? yes he has talent, franchise qb? no and he proved that again on sunday when he could not put together a winning drive when it was perfectly set up for him to do so, all he needed was 15yds with 43 seconds left and a t.o. on the 50yd line and he couldn't do it, henne has a strong arm, improved presence, decent mobility, great size, but all that does not add up to a franchise qb who is "special" and can take a franchise on his back, sunday was a perfect opportunity to prove that he has arrived and show this franchise some hope and he could not do it, I'm sorry but I'm just not buying into henne.

I really do like Jason Taylor it semms like every time he comes back we screw up i swear to god the man is a curse.

I agree. But Sanchez can put the team on his back, and Henne cannot. When the pressures on, he folds.
Correct. Don't be surprised if Henne has the better completion percentage and total yards stats at the end of the season, but Sanchez is good at getting fired up when it counts. Even in last week's loss to the Raiders, Sanchez was making big plays when the game looked lost. We need Henne to show us if he can carry the team to victory when it counts. To date he has consistently failed in that pursuit. Hopefully he improves.

Raw talent? measurables? he may be right but playing this position is about much more than raw talent.

Raw talent? measurables? he may be right but playing this position is about much more than raw talent.

Yeah like getting saved by special teams and having db's drop all your bad passes

henne is 13th in total qbr. sanchez is 27th.

Well yea when you take 6 sacks a game instead of throwing the ball away it does not effect your qb rating...

Sanchez and his team are 2 and 1.

Dolphins are 0 and 3...

Qb play is about winning, First and foremost..

I dont care what the stats are.

maybe if chad's team blocked some punts or got game winning interceptions, people would think of him differently.

so yr saying marino never won a ring, so eli manning is better?

henne is 12th in total qbr. sanchez is 27th.

That's good and great, but Henne is also one of the worst in the league in the redzone, 3rd downs,and final drives. I don't think either QB is franchise material, but I'd rather have the guy that can convert when it matters.

Talent? yes he has talent, franchise qb? no and he proved that again on sunday when he could not put together a winning drive when it was perfectly set up for him to do so, all he needed was 15yds with 43 seconds left and a t.o. on the 50yd line and he couldn't do it, henne has a strong arm, improved presence, decent mobility, great size, but all that does not add up to a franchise qb who is "special" and can take a franchise on his back, sunday was a perfect opportunity to prove that he has arrived and show this franchise some hope and he could not do it, I'm sorry but I'm just not buying into henne.

I'm not going to say Henne is better than Sanchez because they don't have the same player, scheme, etc. so it is kinda hard to argue. On thing for sure Mark doesn't look like he is improving to me (at least not so far this season).

As far as sunday goes...

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, because I only saw "highlights" of the final drive...I thought the biggest problem with that last drive was that while we only needed to get about 15 yards, the pass plays that were called were (with 36 seconds and 1 TO) medium range sideline passes, all to the left. I remember when the pats and chargers played week 2, brady threw 3 5 yard passes to branch on the sideline where he just took 3 steps and went out of bounds. only used up like 10-12 seconds, got the 15 or so yards needed, FG, end of half. How about a draw play out of the shogun??? they did have a time out. Nope, lets run 3 passes to the same side, then go to marshel (they didn't see that coming) running across the middle of the field through traffic.

Sorry guys, I know Henne has his problems (how is it we are the only team out of 32 that doesn't have a "franchise" QB this year, when every other team does),... but if you send garbage plays into the huddle, you pretty much get garbage results.

im not saying stats are everything. but they should be in the discussion.

and the stats say chad is better than mark. (as well as jason taylor lol)

im not saying stats are everything. but they should be in the discussion.

and the stats say chad is better than mark. (as well as jason taylor lol)

If they had equal win totals then yes..but Mark has won so many more games than Chad that stats dont matter to me.. If they were running backs then yes. If the Jets were winning games in spite of Mark Sanchez then I think it would be worth a look. But Mark is winning them games and also he manages them better than Chad does..You dont go to the AFC championship game without having more talent that a guy who goes 7 and 9 every year..

Back
Top Bottom