Jason Taylor says "Henne is more talented than Mark Sanchez" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor says "Henne is more talented than Mark Sanchez"

by the way, total qbr makes account for the clutch plays.

and i think last year, when down by a touchdown in the 4th qtr, sanchez's passer rating was in the 50s. but of course stats dont matter in sports.

Henne's play in the 4th quarter over his years in Miami has been god awful. God awful. Henne is good between the 20's he can get you down in the redzone. He will even throw a TD or two but he is not getting into enough to win games period...I will give you the Pats game..We kicked one fg and had a tough goal line stand..(Granted Henne threw a **** rock on 4th and goal) But Henne was a big reason that Miami didnt win the Texans game..Sure you expect carp to make those Fg's but too often is he attempting them. The Browns game as well..

Nope. Marino carried his dolphins teams. Eli did not. If henne carried his team and so did Sanchez then absolutely you go to the stats. But when the resume is not even close then no need to check the stats. Like I said the jets are not winning in spite of Sanchez. The guy is super clutch. Marino is better than alot of players that won super bowls. That's my opinion of course. It can be argued that Marino never won a super bowl because of ego. He wanted to throw the ball as much as he could to win games.

So now we are adding conditional flyers to your statement that stats don't matter. If the sky is blue, then stats matter. But if the grass is green, then stats don't matter.

So now we are adding conditional flyers to your statement that stats don't matter. If the sky is blue, then stats matter. But if the grass is green, then stats don't matter.

Hey man sometimes ppl speak in absolutes when they are typing on a messege board. But its like in Baseball when a pitcher does not get win's does that mean he is not a good pitcher? The guy could have a 2.00 Era but if he is not getting run support he loses games. If he does not make it to a certain inning its a no descision.

Look I am not saying that Henne is the worst Qb ever..Cause he is not. Things happen throughout a game that effect the whole game. But were not winning right now and the qb touches the ball every down. Something has gotta give.

Last edited by a moderator:
Qb play is about winning, First and foremost..

I dont care what the stats are.

The discussion was on Better QB, not better team or winning.

Statistically, Henne is a better QB than Sanchez.

If you wanna go with wins, I guess Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Marino since Dilfer has a ring.

See what I did there?

its crazy how different everything would be if marshall didnt drop those 2 td passes

I wouldn't consider throwing a slant and having the WR do all the work on his way for a 50+ yard TD "leading" the team to a comeback. Either way, still better than Henne, who can't even lead his team 10-15 yards for a FG attempt...

:lol:

Not only has Jason Taylor lost a step in his old age..He has also lost his mind..

I disagree.. I believe Sanchez is given the opportunity to gunsling and be more dramatic. Henne has been over coached to become this robot. This 'system' guy. What he'd be if he was just told to go out and ball.

Mindset, a looser leash, and coaching does a lot to a QBs development.

The discussion was on Better QB, not better team or winning.

Statistically, Henne is a better QB than Sanchez.

If you wanna go with wins, I guess Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Marino since Dilfer has a ring.

See what I did there?

Oh god not this again... I actually think Marino has more wins than Dilfer.
Dilfer made some plays leading up to the Super Bowl..Dan Marino he was not..

its crazy how different everything would be if marshall didnt drop those 2 td passes

Yes I agree, those should have been caught..But how many catchable balls has Henne thrown in the redzone the last 2 games?

I disagree.. I believe Sanchez is given the opportunity to gunsling and be more dramatic. Henne has been over coached to become this robot. This 'system' guy. What he'd be if he was just told to go out and ball.

Mindset, a looser leash, and coaching does a lot to a QBs development.

I agree. Sanchez has been able to let it all hang out at times..Henne has had limits on him, but even now when he controls the whole offense..Is he balling out?

Well yea when you take 6 sacks a game instead of throwing the ball away it does not effect your qb rating...

Sanchez and his team are 2 and 1.

Dolphins are 0 and 3...

Qb play is about winning, First and foremost..

I dont care what the stats are.

Its funny that you think if you win the QB is good and if you loss the QB is bad. Have you ever thought that there are more people on a team than a QB? The QB could be the best in the league but if the WRE drops the ball it is an incompletion and if the WR tip the ball to a defender it is an INT. None of those was the fault to the QB. If the Defense lets the other team score 40 is that the QB's fault? If the Oline lets everyone through and dont give the QB time, is that his fault?

I get it the Jets are winning because of Sanchez and the Dolphins are losing because of Henne.

"wins dont matter, superbowls matter" -cliche'd sportsfan

Winning does matter.....Look at what the Colts with Manning, look at them now without him..Total wreck..Quarterbacks matter more to different teams..Marino mattered more to the Dolphins. Trent Dilfer didnt matter as much but he was the right qb for that situation..Joe Namath for the Jets was another good example..Joe Namath's stats look awful on paper but he was able to win a super bowl because for that run he was able to check his ego. Bob Griese too..I mean all the guy had to do was hand the ball off and not make a dumb play.. Henne does not have that luxury.. Marino never won a super bowl but that does not erase all the accomplisments he had..all the pro bowls and all the points he was able to put up.

Back
Top Bottom