Jason Trusnik signs 2 year extension | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Trusnik signs 2 year extension

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://mia.scout.com/2/1242994.html

The Dolphins will have a pretty good list of unrestricted free agents on their roster come the spring of 2013, but backup linebacker and special teams standout Jason Trusnik no longer will be on that list. Trusnik has signed a two-year contract extension worth $2.17 million.

The signing was announced on Twitter by the International Sports Agency, which represents Trusnik.

The NFLPA website also shows Trusnik now signed through 2014, with base salaries of $715,000 and $855,000 the next two seasons.

I assume most will respond with sarcastic comments like "who?" and "why is he a priority?", etc.

However, while Trusnik is not a big contributor on defense, he is a big part of the success the special teams is having. A 2 year, $2 million extension is nothing.

Thx for the post. Agreed, efficient signing that doesn't hurt us. Loved his fumble recovery during the onside at the jests!

not opposed to this signing, However I hate when he is playing defense.

A lot of fans get so caught up in the big free agent signings, and if it is anything less who needs him. We need players like Jason on special teams and as a back up on D.

sorry that im not a blind homer fan and like to call things like it is.

When did you call it like it is? You just came in and made a sarcastic comment just to create attention to yourself. The fact is Trusnik is an asset on special teams and we're getting good value for him. I don't know what's not to like about that.

sorry that im not a blind homer fan and like to call things like it is.

I'm a blind homer because I think your comment was immature? And to clarify, your comment was that Trusnik is the answer to all of Miami's problems. That was you calling it like it is? So should we not take your comment as childish sarcasm and take it exactly how it reads because you "call it like it is"?

Ireland you **** there goes the locker room. What's next you going to extend thigpen? Find 4 dbs and 3 wrs with the first 2 picks in the draft or I'm done !

I hate this crap.

What this really means is that because of the stupid drafting of Josh Kaddu and the extension now given to Trusnik, we won't be drafting a LB prospect in the 3rd round who could actually become a good starter down the road.

Ireland is a complete and utter football idiot. FIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody please.

Dansby and Burnett are grossly overpaid.

The Dolphins need young LB prospects who will start in 2 or 3 years.

Josh Kaddu doesn't even have control over his body. He is a missed tackle waiting to happen.

Trusnik will never be starting material.

Spitler has improved but he just isn't very talented.

Ireland is the worst GM in the NFL.

I like Trusnik, but I think there are more important players we need to concentrate on i.e. Starks, Hartline.:rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom