10. RG3

Jaws' Rookie Rankings:

1. RG3
2. Luck
3. First name Russell, Last name Wilson
4. Tannehill
5. Weedon

-----

Personally, I wouldn't put Flacco in the top 10. I'd even put Tony Romo's season ahead of Flacco's.

My top 10:

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Matt Ryan
5. Drew Brees
6. Eli Manning
7. Big Ben
8. Matt Schaub
9. RG3
10. Luck

Tony Romo is A LOT better than people give him credit for. Romo is absolutely a top 10 QB in the league.

Romo is a pretty good quarterback but it's hard for me to defend the guy when he keeps throwing away football games with bonehead picks.

He's better than Matt Schaub, though.

No way is Ryan better than Brees and Rodgers is the best player nevermind QB in the NFL.

I'd probably put Romo @ 11, but I think you have to give Schaub credit for getting 12 wins & into the playoffs.

Schaub had a pretty good year numbers wise as well, 4,000 yards & 22 TD's to 12 ints at 64% completion percentage w/ 0 fumbles lost.

Romo had 4,900 yards, 28 td's, but also threw 19 ints, & lost 3 fumbles.

Cowboys were talented enough to make the playoffs imo, you have to put some of the blame for them not doing so on Romo.

No way is Ryan better than Brees and Rodgers is the best player nevermind QB in the NFL.

Brees had a subpar year by his standards. Matt Ryan had the better season this year.

Brees threw 5,100 yards, 43 tds, 19 ints, & 5 fumbles lost, but went 7-9. Ryan threw for 4,700 yards, threw 32 tds to only 14 ints w/ 2 lost fumbles, but went 13-3.

Also, Drew Brees threw FIVE interceptions in one of the head to head matchups with the Falcons.

As for Rodgers, I personally think people are living in the past a little bit with Aaron Rodgers & his 45 td to 6 int year two seasons ago.

My list this season is simple:

1) Drew Brees - he carried this team in Marino like fashion.
2) Peyton Manning - come back player of the year and second only to Brees
3a) Brady
3b) Rogers

5) Ryan
6) Big Ben

7) Schuab
8) Manning
9) Romo
10) RGIII

The space indicates a level of playing difference and a guy like RGIII needs to carry on next season to move up any higher than 10.

Tier 1: Elite
1. Brady 2. P Manning 3. Aaron Rodgers 4. Drew Brees

Tier 2: Great (No particular order)
1. Roethlisberger 2. E Manning

Tier 3: Above Average (No particular Order)
1. Ryan 2. Flacco (Yes he is) 3. Cam 4. Luck 5. Rg3 6. Schaub 7. Rivers (Tier 2 during first 5 years of career) 8. Romo 9. Wilson 10. Stafford (potential is there) 11. Dalton 12. Carson Palmer (I still believe he is good for him to throw 22 tds in oakland says something)

Tier 4: Legit Starting Caliber (No order)
1. Freeman 2. Fitzpatrick 3. Tannehill 4. Vick 5. Cutler 6. Ponder 7. Bradford (?) 8. Kaepernick

Tier 5: Below Avg
1. Weeden 2. Locker (?) 3. Henne

Tier 6: Fringe Starter/Backup
1. Sanchez 2. Locker (?) 3. Arizona Qb 4. Gabbert

Anyone that has Romo above Luck is on crack rock.

RG3 will have a short career dogged by knee injuries unless he learns how to bend and track his knees properly. It's amazing how athletic he is in spite of the valgus knee stress he exerts on himself due to poor movement and a knock-kneed gait.

If the rookie rankings are based solely on the play from this season I would rank them:
1. Wilson
2. RGIII
3. Luck
4. Tannehill
5. Weeden

If you're projecting how well they'll do 5 years from now, i.e. they held a re-draft at the end of the season, there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't take Luck first including Washington, Wilson would probably be picked second followed by a tie for third between RGIII and Tannehill.

1. Peyton
2. Brady
3. Rodgers
4. Matty Ice
5. Brees
6. Eli
7. Roethlischoker
8. Luck
9. It DOSENT MATTER!!
10 and beyond. See #9

Luck not getting enough love.

I know I'm quoting Skip Bayless here, but I think he makes some fair points about Luck's season;

Luck has had a terrific rookie year. But his seven game-winning drives camouflaged some troubling numbers. His 23 total turnovers (18 interceptions, five lost fumbles) are the NFL's second-worst (to 'Buttfumble' Mark Sanchez) and his 54.1 completion percentage is second-worst among QBs with at least 300 attempts and worst for QBs with at least 400.

RG III's seven total turnovers (five interceptions, two lost fumbles) are the fewest in the NFL. The fewest! And RG III runs a high-risk, ride-and-decide attack in which split-second decisions must be made to let go of the ball in the running back's hands or pull it back. Griffin went from winning the Heisman at a school without a great football tradition (Baylor) to leading a consensus pick to finish last (Washington) to its first NFC East crown since 1999. He finished sixth in QBR (to Luck's 11th) and fourth in completion percentage.

Luck is very good. RG III is special. The only long-term advantage Luck might have is durability.

For now, you certainly can't argue with Luck's playoff-making rookie record. For now Irsay can gloat-tweet his heart out. But ...

As Pagano says, it was like this season was "meant to be." What if things return to ho-hum normal next season and the Colts must be fueled by perspiration instead of rare inspiration? What if the schedule gets tougher? Eight of this year's 11 wins came against Jacksonville twice, Tennessee twice, Kansas City, Miami, Cleveland and Buffalo.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8813105/2013-nfl-playoffs-jim-irsay-big-gambles-indianapolis-colts

Back
Top Bottom