Jaws rank Tannehill above Fitzpatrick, Sanchez | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaws rank Tannehill above Fitzpatrick, Sanchez

umpjacked

Practice Squad
Reaction score
[h=1]Jaws: Tannehill over Fitz, Sanchez[/h]October, 4, 2012
OCT 4
7:00
PM ET

By James Walker | ESPN.com

ESPN analyst and former NFL quarterback Ron Jaworski studies quarterbacks day and night. That is why his updated quarterback rankings through four games in 2012 carries weight.

According to Jaworski, Miami Dolphins rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill is the second-best quarterback in the AFC East. Tannehill came in at No. 24 overall.

"It is incredible the way Tannehill not only has adapted to becoming an NFL quarterback, but simply just a quarterback overall," Jaworski writes. "After all of his time playing wide receiver in college, I wondered if Tannehill could make the rapid transition. Through four games, it seems like he can and has."

Here are Jaworski's AFC East quarterback rankings:

Brady's ranking is no surprise. He is behind only Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers. But the other three rankings are subject to debate.

Is Tannehill already the No. 2 quarterback in the AFC East? He has shown promise, but he’s also thrown just two touchdowns and six interceptions.

Fitzpatrick has the best stats (931 yards, 12 touchdowns, seven interceptions) but was No. 30, according to Jaworski.

"Maybe my expectations were too high, but I thought he'd be a riser," Jaworski writes. "You have to take care of the football. It's that simple."

Sanchez also is consistent (813 yards, five touchdowns, four interceptions) but was ranked ahead of quarterbacks like Fitzpatrick, Matt Cassel and Russell Wilson.

In our weekly "Sanchez-Fitzpatrick-Tannehill Watch," Fitzpatrick is leading by one pointafter four games.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/48937/jaws-tannehill-over-fitz-sanchez

Jaws Ranks RT17 2nd Best AFC East QB In His Updated "Big Board" Ratings!

Ranked #24 overall, one notch below Luck@23 with RG3 highest ranking rookie @17 :hclap:

ESPN analyst and former NFL quarterback Ron Jaworski studies quarterbacks day and night. That is why his updated quarterback rankings through four games in 2012 carries weight.

According to Jaworski, Miami Dolphins rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill is the second-best quarterback in the AFC East. Tannehill came in at No. 24 overall.

It is incredible the way Tannehill not only has adapted to becoming an NFL quarterback, but simply just a quarterback overall. After all of his time playing wide receiver in college, I wondered if Tannehill could make the rapid transition. Through four games, it seems like he can and has. Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman have done a really good job getting him prepped for the NFL game. Like I see with most rookies, there have been some questionable throws. There have been some great ones as well, though, and that leaves me pretty high on Tannehill's future.

Here are Jaworski's AFC East quarterback rankings:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...nchez-scuffles

Jaws Entire Ratings List:
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/to...d-qb-rankings/page__pid__7087026#entry7087026

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not just saying this because he like Tannehill, but Jaws is the only good and respectable analyst BSPN has.

good for him, once he stops throwing INT's that cost us the game ill be happy

Or how about if his kicker and/or defensive backs did their jobs, the additional exposure to throw subsequent interceptions should have become moot?

Fitz has to drive bills fans crazy. The guy is on pace to throw 48 tds this year but he's so inconsistent. Sanchez is one of the worst starting qbs in the league. He has been since day one. The only people who don't think so are delusional jets homers.

won a ton of cash taking the under on wins last year for the jets and looking to cash in again this year​

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not just saying this because he like Tannehill, but Jaws is the only good and respectable analyst BSPN has.

Get ready for the predictable "Jaws likes everybody" from our agenda-based members. It'll be deja vu all over again (what does he know/I trust my opinion more!) when SB QB and probable HOF'er Kurt Warner stated how impressed he's been with RT17.

If Tannehill keeps getting better, we wont have to worry about the quarterback position for awhile. I'm going to be cautious about crowning him our next Dan Marino until he consistently performs at a high level. We have a lot of football to play this season.

Walker is such a terrible writer....I love how he questions Jaws' expertise just because his stupid system ranks fitzpatrick higher...Fitz can't throw the football over 20 yards in the air, and a majority of Tannehill's INTs have been fluky, from falling receivers to tipped/ disrupted passes.

In 2 years when brady is 37-38 and on the downside of his career we will have the best QB in the AFC East and a top 5 QB. I see a mix of Aaron Rodgers and Rivers in Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom