Jaws rank Tannehill above Fitzpatrick, Sanchez | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaws rank Tannehill above Fitzpatrick, Sanchez

I think people are too harsh on Fitzpatrick

Jaws once told us how good kellen Clemens was going to be.

Ryan is playing better than mark right now so Jaws is being fair but I'd still prefer 2 wins to 1 win and you can blame the K all you want but Ryan set up your K from near 50 yds against us and our QB set up our K w/ a chip shot for the win, last week Ryan threw the INT that led to the GW FG for Ari. He looks like he can play in this league so you should be excited just try not to go overboard.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

No way. I love Jaws and his insight, but Trent Dilfer is the truth as well.

I think Dilfer is the best on espn.

Ryan is playing better than mark right now so Jaws is being fair but I'd still prefer 2 wins to 1 win and you can blame the K all you want but Ryan set up your K from near 50 yds against us and our QB set up our K w/ a chip shot for the win, last week Ryan threw the INT that led to the GW FG for Ari. He looks like he can play in this league so you should be excited just try not to go overboard.

umm dude, sanchez has been in the league for what now 4 years? Tanny is in his 5th game and is still adjusting to the NFL, there is no comparison. There is no excuse for sanchez to be such a train wreck like he is dude is awful and will never be more than a serviceable NFL QB in this league. You know your QB is bad when Tebow is getting ready to takeover. Tannehills upside is way higher than sanchez end of discussion.

umm dude, sanchez has been in the league for what now 4 years? Tanny is in his 5th game and is still adjusting to the NFL, there is no comparison. There is no excuse for sanchez to be such a train wreck like he is dude is awful and will never be more than a serviceable NFL QB in this league. You know your QB is bad when Tebow is getting ready to takeover. Tannehills upside is way higher than sanchez end of discussion.

there is, he's got no help. At least Tannehill has a run game and his Ol is playing better but again it's very early.

Or how about if his kicker and/or defensive backs did their jobs, the additional exposure to throw subsequent interceptions should have become moot?

Im pretty sure that Tannehill's pick 6 was just as much a reason we lost as Carp missing a kick.

People, stop blaming everything on Carpentar. Seriously. It's getting really old. The more you do mental gymnastics and find odd ways to forgive Tannehill for every mistake he commits it takes away from the legitimacy of the praise he deserves for doing things well

Walker is such a terrible writer....I love how he questions Jaws' expertise just because his stupid system ranks fitzpatrick higher...Fitz can't throw the football over 20 yards in the air, and a majority of Tannehill's INTs have been fluky, from falling receivers to tipped/ disrupted passes.

Walker is a scumbag plucked out of Columbus, not even Cleveland, as a secondary Browns beat writer for whatever reason by ESPN when he should be supersizing fries.

Here's how he condensed what Jaws wrote
"It is incredible the way Tannehill not only has adapted to becoming an NFL quarterback, but simply just a quarterback overall," Jaworski writes. "After all of his time playing wide receiver in college, I wondered if Tannehill could make the rapid transition. Through four games, it seems like he can and has."

Here's Jaws' complete comments:
It is incredible the way Tannehill not only has adapted to becoming an NFL quarterback, but simply just a quarterback overall. After all of his time playing wide receiver in college, I wondered if Tannehill could make the rapid transition. Through four games, it seems like he can and has. Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman have done a really good job getting him prepped for the NFL game. Like I see with most rookies, there have been some questionable throws. There have been some great ones as well, though, and that leaves me pretty high on Tannehill's future.

Im pretty sure that Tannehill's pick 6 was just as much a reason we lost as Carp missing a kick.

People, stop blaming everything on Carpentar. Seriously. It's getting really old. The more you do mental gymnastics and find odd ways to forgive Tannehill for every mistake he commits it takes away from the legitimacy of the praise he deserves for doing things well

Last I looked up til almost the end of the game Tannehill had his team up 21-14 in the final seconds of the 4th quarter. But if your agenda is to dog Tannehill then knock yourself out but to me he did his job and our DBs crapped the bed .. there should have been no OT

And in the jest game, you can as easily point to Sanchez's endzone brainfart and in the 4th QTR Carpenter missed a 47 and 48 yarder.. a decent kicker would have made one of them to make the outcome moot. Not saying both, but one of em is not unreasonable under 50 yards for a professional kicker. But again, if you wanna put it on RT17, because he may not be the horse you had in the race, knock yourself out.

good for him, once he stops throwing INT's that cost us the game ill be happy

Let's see......if WR's stop falling down....if OL could pick up a blitz....if a damn kicker could kick.....maybe you need to look at the games better, clearly T-Hill is playing pretty good with very little help.

Thank you for this great post. Tannehill has played well but to blame the losses on the K isn't being fair especially when he set up his K for a near 50 yarder in OT. Carpenter has missed from 47, 48 & 51. None of them close to being chip shots, it's ridiculous to blame the K for those losses. Did he contribute? aboslutely but you set him up for a long FG on a wet grass field 2 weeks ago and the QB threw an INT to set up the opponents GW FG this past week.

Tannehill has shown me a lot but he still has an awful lot to prove.

Terrible rankings. Look what he said about Blaine Gabbert. I would go Fitz 24 and Tannenhill at 26. Fitz has absolutely 0 defense.

And at this point Sanchez has played much tougher defense's than Tannenhill. Sanchez has no run game or wideouts.

same ole song and dance from you....blah blah blah

Fitzpatrick has the best stats (931 yards, 12 touchdowns, seven interceptions) but was No. 30, according to Jaworski.

"Maybe my expectations were too high, but I thought he'd be a riser," Jaworski writes. "You have to take care of the football. It's that simple."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/48937/jaws-tannehill-over-fitz-sanchez

When I read this yesterday my first thought was Jaws is about as logical as my girlfriend on her period. Hmmm...who would I rather have leading my team, a QB with a 12/7 TD/int ratio and led his team to 115 points or one with a 5/4 ratio and 81 points or a 2/6 ratio and 86 points.

Thank you for this great post. Tannehill has played well but to blame the losses on the K isn't being fair especially when he set up his K for a near 50 yarder in OT. Carpenter has missed from 47, 48 & 51. None of them close to being chip shots, it's ridiculous to blame the K for those losses. Did he contribute? aboslutely but you set him up for a long FG on a wet grass field 2 weeks ago and the QB threw an INT to set up the opponents GW FG this past week.

Tannehill has shown me a lot but he still has an awful lot to prove.

So if Sanchez drove his kicker down to the marks you listed and your kicker misses.....whos fault?

Terrible rankings. Look what he said about Blaine Gabbert. I would go Fitz 24 and Tannenhill at 26. Fitz has absolutely 0 defense.

And at this point Sanchez has played much tougher defense's than Tannenhill. Sanchez has no run game or wideouts.

Tannehills a rook with a couple of games under his belt and played his position better than those two. Fitz and Sanchez have put both of their teams under many times with no improvements till Week 4 from 1. How can you say Sanchez has played tougher D's then Tanny?? HES A ROOKIE! and his seeing these defense for the first time... lmao

Back
Top Bottom