Jaws rank Tannehill above Fitzpatrick, Sanchez | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaws rank Tannehill above Fitzpatrick, Sanchez

based on potential alone i'd put him in the top 10, easily. he's the nature boy ric flair of football.

[video=youtube;FCxWUKMJfEI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCxWUKMJfEI[/video]

If this is a starting point for Ryan Tannehill than Dolphin fans should be really excited. Mark Sanchez has had four years now and is the same up and down quarterback who came into the league. In my opinion, the Jets will move on in the offseason and maybe even go with Tim Tebow pretty soon this year. Ryan Fitzpatrick reminds me of Jay Fielder, gutsy, a guy you root for, some good games here and there, but not the answer either.

Thank you for this great post. Tannehill has played well but to blame the losses on the K isn't being fair especially when he set up his K for a near 50 yarder in OT. Carpenter has missed from 47, 48 & 51. None of them close to being chip shots, it's ridiculous to blame the K for those losses. Did he contribute? aboslutely but you set him up for a long FG on a wet grass field 2 weeks ago and the QB threw an INT to set up the opponents GW FG this past week.

Tannehill has shown me a lot but he still has an awful lot to prove.

Actually you can blame it on the kicker. You seem to spend more time on this forum than anyone so I'm sure you've read all the threads with stats on how poor Carpenter has been in close games at medium-long distances recently. So it's not ridiculous to put some blame, if not most of it, on the kicker. Everyone has a job on the team, and he should be held accountable for not doing his. And if you watched the games you'd know that the play calling around that part of the field was bunk, when we were gashing the ****ty Jets AND Cards D on the ground, Sherman decided to run pass plays. So I'd say the person that put Carpenter in that position was Sherman with poor play calling on 1st and 2nd down on that part of the field.

Tanne threw an INT in the Cards game due to a blown block by the offensive line, again, obvious. This isn't excuse making.. ummm this is actually what took place during the game..

Has Tanne made some Rookie throws/mistakes? Yeah.. Is he to blame for the two recent losses? No.. He put us in position to win those games.

lots of blame to go around for losing but carpenter is the epic fail. 3-1 without that turkey.

Tannehill has me really excited for the first time in quite a while. Here's to hoping he keeps it up!

The Jets insist that Mark Sanchez is still the answer. Maybe they don’t fully understand the question, because right now the only question Mark Sanchez is the answer to is ‘Which 4th year starting QB is still making mistakes that would embarrass a rookie?’

So if Sanchez drove his kicker down to the marks you listed and your kicker misses.....whos fault?

did he also throw a pick 6? did he throw an INt to set up the GW FG for the other team? I don't blame Tannehill but you can't blame the K either. There is plenty of blame to go around. Setting a K up for near 50 yd Fgs are not automatic.

Actually you can blame it on the kicker. You seem to spend more time on this forum than anyone so I'm sure you've read all the threads with stats on how poor Carpenter has been in close games at medium-long distances recently. So it's not ridiculous to put some blame, if not most of it, on the kicker. Everyone has a job on the team, and he should be held accountable for not doing his. And if you watched the games you'd know that the play calling around that part of the field was bunk, when we were gashing the ****ty Jets AND Cards D on the ground, Sherman decided to run pass plays. So I'd say the person that put Carpenter in that position was Sherman with poor play calling on 1st and 2nd down on that part of the field.

Tanne threw an INT in the Cards game due to a blown block by the offensive line, again, obvious. This isn't excuse making.. ummm this is actually what took place during the game..

Has Tanne made some Rookie throws/mistakes? Yeah.. Is he to blame for the two recent losses? No.. He put us in position to win those games.

ahh so it was the blown block to blame! basically Ryan is the greatest QB ever to play, all the mistakes are clearly those of others on the team.:lol:

Im pretty sure that Tannehill's pick 6 was just as much a reason we lost as Carp missing a kick.

People, stop blaming everything on Carpentar. Seriously. It's getting really old. The more you do mental gymnastics and find odd ways to forgive Tannehill for every mistake he commits it takes away from the legitimacy of the praise he deserves for doing things well

Yeah why blame Carpenter for failing at his job? It's someone else's fault of course.

Thank you for this great post. Tannehill has played well but to blame the losses on the K isn't being fair especially when he set up his K for a near 50 yarder in OT. Carpenter has missed from 47, 48 & 51. None of them close to being chip shots, it's ridiculous to blame the K for those losses. Did he contribute? aboslutely but you set him up for a long FG on a wet grass field 2 weeks ago and the QB threw an INT to set up the opponents GW FG this past week.

Tannehill has shown me a lot but he still has an awful lot to prove.

Of course he has a lot to prove. Most every QB in the league still has **** to prove. Wet grass? Were you at the game? How do you know the grass ****ed him over? He missed wide left with plenty of distance. It wasn't a squib kick.

did he also throw a pick 6? did he throw an INt to set up the GW FG for the other team? I don't blame Tannehill but you can't blame the K either. There is plenty of blame to go around. Setting a K up for near 50 yd Fgs are not automatic.

ahh so it was the blown block to blame! basically Ryan is the greatest QB ever to play, all the mistakes are clearly those of others on the team.:lol:

Nope, I just actually watched the game. Not much you can do when your BLIND-Side (key word there) is exposed and you make a bad throw due to it. And this doesn't have anything to do with "feel in the pocket" and "sensing the rush". He had all of .5 seconds to get the ball away, before getting crushed, which he almost did..

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes exactly,the same way you have excuses for Mark every time he messes up...I can sense you're getting worried

Hey nyjunc its getting close to Tebow Time...lol

Hey maybe Junc is right and we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. I mean after alll a few years ago there was a lot of enthusiasm (at least on the 3 major Jets forums) for Taco as the "Sanchize" but if you read them alll now, he's now called "Sad Sack" and everyone but the homers are speculating what they could get for him in a trade and which NFL QBs they'd take over him (basically the consensus is most everyone but Cassel). Hell even the Tebow haters are ready to give him a shot!

So I guess he knows all too painfully about letting one's enthusiasm run unchecked, eh? :idk:

Back
Top Bottom