Ja’Wuan James’ future uncertain as Dolphins offensive line deals with instability | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ja’Wuan James’ future uncertain as Dolphins offensive line deals with instability

Too bad Eric Smith went on IR already- we could maybe at least see him in the mix with Larsen, Davis etc to see what we might have for 2018....

To the people reacting to the Pouncey comment....who would be our best O line then? Tunsil?

The fact is, none of them are playing well consistently.

Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Ja’Wuan James’ future with the team is in serious question both short-term and long-term.

The team’s starting right tackle will miss Monday night’s game against the Carolina Panthers because he has what is being called a hamstring injury that is requiring he seek multiple opinions on how to manage its seriousness. And so based on what those medical opinions are, James might return to the field later this year, or be forced to shut it down the rest of the season and go on injured reserve.

“We’re still going through the process with him,” coach Adam Gase said Thursday. “We’ll know more hopefully by the end of the week.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article183670546.html

Explains the poach of the OL from PS as expected- this horrid year continues.

We picked up his 5th year option pre-season, so if I am not mistaken his 2018 is now guaranteed. Paying nearly 10 million for a guy not on our roster will suck.

To the people reacting to the Pouncey comment....who would be our best O line then? Tunsil?

The fact is, none of them are playing well consistently.
He didn't say Pouncey was the best lineman. He said "every game I'm seeing a lot of the same things that are good." Not "out of the five guys we have Pouncey is out best."

Every game I see a lot of bad from Pouncey...not a lot of good.

We picked up his 5th year option pre-season, so if I am not mistaken his 2018 is now guaranteed. Paying nearly 10 million for a guy not on our roster will suck.
That can be rescinded before the new league year and he walks as a free agent.

It really scares me. We all knew Bushrod sucked last year and then Gase said that him along with Pouncey were the best two we had and he meant it by bringing him back so I'd not be surprised if we had the same group again next season that has sucked all year......I totally hope I'm wrong here

Ozzy rules!!

The fact we luckily won a couple of meaningless games is gonna haunt us draft time...

We coulda been contenders for a top 3 pick!

Shame!

How's that kid @LB we traded a #5 for working out!?

Brilliant.

Does Tbum actually get paid $$$ ???

I think the team will keep James. If not, Miami will have to find at least one starting caliber offensive guard, a right tackle and a center. That's a lot to ask in one season, especially for a unit that needs stability.

Philbin and Friends built a weak, finesse o-line, and when Philbin was fired every single one of his o-linemen should have been replaced. But, Tannenbaum and Gase decided to make only minor changes. Now, two years later, we're talking about having to rebuild the o-line because Tunsil's play at LT is not very good, Pouncey is done and too expensive, James is injured and in no way does his play match his 1st round draft status, and the Guards are a bunch of nobodies and a 5th round project.

The problem here is twofold:
1. Tannenbaum should have started replacing Philbin's linemen 2 years ago, but he refused. He did make some changes, but no one in the current Front Office / Scouting Department appears to know what they're doing when it comes to finding and evaluating o-line talent. These are the guys that couldn't find ANY Guards better than Thomas and Turner to start the 2016 season!
2. Gase likes the same short pass based style of offense as Philbin, so maybe he actually wanted to keep most of Philbin's weak finesse linemen.

IMO, they need to just rebuild the entire line with a bunch of maulers, and forget about that finesse garbage.

Philbin and Friends built a weak, finesse o-line, and when Philbin was fired every single one of his o-linemen should have been replaced. But, Tannenbaum and Gase decided to make only minor changes. Now, two years later, we're talking about having to rebuild the o-line because Tunsil's play at LT is not very good, Pouncey is done and too expensive, James is injured and in no way does his play match his 1st round draft status, and the Guards are a bunch of nobodies and a 5th round project.

The problem here is twofold:
1. Tannenbaum should have started replacing Philbin's linemen 2 years ago, but he refused. He did make some changes, but no one in the current Front Office / Scouting Department appears to know what they're doing when it comes to finding and evaluating o-line talent. These are the guys that couldn't find ANY Guards better than Thomas and Turner to start the 2016 season!
2. Gase likes the same short pass based style of offense as Philbin, so maybe he actually wanted to keep most of Philbin's weak finesse linemen.

IMO, they need to just rebuild the entire line with a bunch of maulers, and forget about that finesse garbage.
Man....I agree with you and then some, just make the necessary changes now once and for all and get it right.

Back
Top Bottom