Jay Ajayi channeling Ricky Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Ajayi channeling Ricky Williams

zach attach

Active Roster
Reaction score
Check out this quote:

“Whoever’s in the way, it’s just — they’re in the way,” he said. “So you’ve just got to make them pay or make them miss. You don’t want to get tackled by anyone. It’s always good to make someone miss or stiff-arm someone. Keep the energy going, keep the intensity going in the game.”

I love this guy, reminds me of Ricky in some ways with his toughness. Csonka, Williams, Ajayi-heavy hitters dream team.

Ricky was waaayyyy faster than Ajayi and people forget that Ricky was an elite receiver, even catching over the shoulder stuff on deep routes. Ajayi is the king of yards after contact, but he isn't in the same league as a sober,healthy and focused Ricky Williams.

I was a big fan of him coming out, and kept the faith as he sat that first year and the beginning of last year. Now I'm psyched that he is fulfilling his potential. If only we had an OL to consistently open holes for him.

Ricky was waaayyyy faster than Ajayi and people forget that Ricky was an elite receiver, even catching over the shoulder stuff on deep routes. Ajayi is the king of yards after contact, but he isn't in the same league as a sober,healthy and focused Ricky Williams.
Yeah, Ricky was more of an elite talent. But, I actually think that Ajayi's style is more similar to BeastMode Marshawn Lynch. Yes, there's power, but maybe not as much as Williams. The J-Train and Beastmode are both very elusive guys with great jump-cuts in the hole and very nice stiff arms. Sure, they can power through arm tackles and lock horns and move people, but the style tends to keep just enough distance, with quickness and stiff arms, to prevent shoulder tackles ... and then they just keep the legs churning through those weak arm tackles.

Ricky Williams had elite straight line speed, but less elusiveness. Ricky had more power too, but not as good of a stiff arm. Ricky was the better receiver. But yeah, it sure was/is satisfying to watch Csonka, Ricky or Ajayi. I'm very glad we have him.

I was a big fan of him coming out, and kept the faith as he sat that first year and the beginning of last year. Now I'm psyched that he is fulfilling his potential. If only we had an OL to consistently open holes for him.

Jay will find them. Another thing I like about him, his vision at the point of attack.

I don't know about way faster....?

Their 40 times were very similar...Ajayi hits the hole very fast.

Ricky had one really great year here, I don't remember him as fondly as you do.

Ajayi is already halfway to the NFL record for 200 yard games.

Ricky averaged 4.1 yards per carry....Ajayi 4.7 so far....not in the same league?

I'd say he may end up greater.

Last edited:
I love Ricky, but Ajayi could wind up a better statistical player.

Styles are a bit different, and yeah, it takes Ajayi a bit to gain momentum. However, Ajayi was the most complete back to come out of the draft that year.

He had it all in college. A workhorse that had a nose for the end zone. 28 TD's in one friggin' year. When asked to bolster a depleted WR corp., he led them in either yards or receptions (little hazy on that factoid). Trusted to give the QB 1 or 2 extra seconds in pass protection, as well. Simply will not be arm tackled. However, a form tackle would drop him every time.

I love Ricky, but Ajayi could wind up a better statistical player.

Styles are a bit different, and yeah, it takes Ajayi a bit to gain momentum. However, Ajayi was the most complete back to come out of the draft that year.

He had it all in college. A workhorse that had a nose for the end zone. 28 TD's in one friggin' year. When asked to bolster a depleted WR corp., he led them in either yards or receptions (little hazy on that factoid). Trusted to give the QB 1 or 2 extra seconds in pass protection, as well. Simply will not be arm tackled. However, a form tackle would drop him every time.

Below is a fact many missed:

Ajayi came to the Dolphins after becoming last season the first player in major college football history to rush for at least 1,800 yards and have over 500 receiving yards in the same season.

Last edited:
Opening up the season by putting up 2hunny (200) on the Bolts would be awesome.

Then we have the defense-less Jets and Saints coming up....Jay should be eating in September 2017.
such a good post. It would be attempting though to use the 3 Amigos in the passing game too

Key words there being sober, healthy, and focused.

Back
Top Bottom