Jay ajayi......."get on the jay train" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay ajayi......."get on the jay train"

Two very different injuries though. Lattimore was basically shredded his entire knee if I recall…tearing several ligaments and maybe even dislocating the knee cap. Dustin Keller type injury. It was also his second major injury.

There would certainly be some risk with Gurley never being the same…but I think its more likely he comes back good as new. He won't make it out of the 1st

true...but hasnt gurley been nicked up a lot since he came to georgia or am i off on that??? like hammy or foot issues or something...

true...but hasnt gurley been nicked up a lot since he came to georgia or am i off on that??? like hammy or foot issues or something...

Missed three big games in 2013 with various leg injuries....then of course blowing his knee in 2014.

I am ok with rolling the dice on Gurley after day one......I just think pick fourteen is out of the question for a player who has been injury prone.

Yeah some minor stuff.

BlueFin I can see the argument there. I really can. Ill agree to disagree just because I think he is that good of a talent. There are a lot of players I would be very happy to get at 14…Gurley and Gordon will both be on that list for me.

Yeah some minor stuff.

BlueFin I can see the argument there. I really can. Ill agree to disagree just because I think he is that good of a talent. There are a lot of players I would be very happy to get at 14…Gurley and Gordon will both be on that list for me.

i don't think anyones questioning the talent...i think though it becomes what's the value keeping in mind that our system is running back friendly also...it would be hard to hate on gordon or gurley on tape

Missed three big games in 2013 with various leg injuries....then of course blowing his knee in 2014.

I am ok with rolling the dice on Gurley after day one......I just think pick fourteen is out of the question for a player who has been injury prone.

The "various leg injuries" was just an ankle and nothing more. He got hurt in the LSU game and missed the next 3 games with an ankle injury.

Marcus Lattimore was a huge risk by San Francisco...most thought he would never play again after his injury and the 49ers took a chance...I was rooting for the kid he just never recovered. It took two years just for him to be cleared to practice.

Mark Ingram missed 2 games his last year at Alabama you had no reservations about him. DeMarco Murray was injured a lot at Oklahoma...so was Adrian Peterson for that matter.

The "various leg injuries" was just an ankle and nothing more. He got hurt in the LSU game and missed the next 3 games with an ankle injury.

Marcus Lattimore was a huge risk by San Francisco...most thought he would never play again after his injury and the 49ers took a chance...I was rooting for the kid he just never recovered. It took two years just for him to be cleared to practice.

Mark Ingram missed 2 games his last year at Alabama you had no reservations about him. DeMarco Murray was injured a lot at Oklahoma...so was Adrian Peterson for that matter.

ap only had that shoulder that required surgery going into the draft...murray was dinged up his entire college career...and he's been dinged up a lot as a pro also...i'm not so sure he changed his stripes there...lattimore though was definitely a different circumstance

ap was also rediculous on tape...but so is gurley...

ap only had that shoulder that required surgery going into the draft...murray was dinged up his entire college career...and he's been dinged up a lot as a pro also...i'm not so sure he changed his stripes there...lattimore though was definitely a different circumstance

ap was also rediculous on tape...but so is gurley...

AP was injured a lot in college.

Despite all that success, Peterson had been fairly injury-prone in his Oklahoma career. He dislocated his left shoulder in fall practice in 2004, reaggravated it during the regular season and then had surgery in the offseason.

He missed one game last season and was severely limited in three others with a sprained right ankle.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2625553

He missed 7 games his last year at Oklahoma with the shoulder.

i don't think anyones questioning the talent...i think though it becomes what's the value keeping in mind that our system is running back friendly also...it would be hard to hate on gordon or gurley on tape

Yeah I have no qualms with people who see it like that…it makes sense in a lot of ways. On tape though..those two guys are elite players. Regardless of position, you don't get a chance at elite level players like that at pick 14 very often. I mean those two guys look like consistent 1200+ yard backs to me…they can win you games by themselves. I think Tannehill is completely capable of taking this team to the playoffs…but when its december and Janurary…and the weather is **** out there I want a Gurley or Gordon I can give the rock to all night along with Miller.

Look no further than the Colts. Andrew Luck is an elite QB..period. He put that team on his back all year…but when he has to go into a place like NE and throw the ball all night in cold, crappy weather they get beat like a red-headed step child.

Not to quibble....but besides the 3 games he missed entirely in 2013...he also missed more than half the LSU game........and most of a half against UF due to that ankle.

He also missed most of a half in the opener against Clemson with a pulled quad.

Thats the back drop....his 2013....leading up to the ACL tear in 2014.

Now he may go on to be the greatest runner in the NFL and never get seriously injured again.....or he may be injury prone and be one of those guys.

My point was...pick 14 is not something the Miami Dolphins can roll the dice with.....with those kind of risks.

I have to be honest and I would like everyone to be honest as well.

Who in this forum would be legitimately upset if they called Todd Gurley's name at 14 this year?

I would not be mad, you gotta take chances somewhere along the lines and this kid is an AP type specimen. A RB that dominant can cover up A LOT of weaknesses.

I would....this is a deep draft and Melvin Gordon is the runner I would be ok with at 14.

This is a deep runningback draft though....I would love to see Ajayi in round 3...I think he will be a riser and will do well in this league.

Gordon is a stud and if there isn't a difference maker on defense at 14 I'd roll with him without batting an eye. That being said I hope we make it a point to keep upgrading the line, both starting and depth, to make sure we don't implode as quickly as we did this past season when they started happening.

No way I'm taking Gordon at 14...way too rich. Gurley if his knee checked out would be on my board, he's a true top 10 talent. But at the end of the day first round RB's isn't good business.

Back
Top Bottom