Jay Ajayi getting back on track? The Dolphins better hope so. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Ajayi getting back on track? The Dolphins better hope so.

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usa_today_10348868.0.jpg

The Miami Dolphins seem to have finally found their offensive identity with a 20-17 win over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday. Through the team’s first four games, they had struggled to get the offense into any sort of rhythm, scoring just 10.3 points per game through that period. While the offense still struggled on Sunday, they nearly doubled that average, and discovered the identity for the team that every one should have already known was there:
https://www.thephinsider.com/2017/1...ing-back-on-track-the-dolphins-better-hope-so

Heavy dose of Jay Ajayi is best for Dolphins' offense
DAVIE, Fla. -- Here is a statistic the Miami Dolphins should be well aware of: Miami is 6-0 overall -- including 2-0 this season -- when tailback Jay Ajayi rushes for more than 100 yards.
The Dolphins provided a heavy dose of Ajayi on Sunday and it paid major dividends in a 20-17 upset victory over the Atlanta Falcons. The Pro Bowl tailback rushed for a season-high 130 yards on 26 carries. Ajayi also averaged a season-high 5.0 yards per carry and took the pressure off Miami's often-criticized passing game.
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/253086/heavy-dose-of-jay-ajayi-is-best-for-dolphins-offense

Ajayi's whole montra is that he doesn't have a track. The games he goes off are seemingly random, and those are few and far between the ones he puts up a dud. This year he's basically 2/5 which is about what I've come to expect from him based on last year. If this pattern holds up, he's unlikely to have a big game against the Jets.

I guess I didn’t know he was off track.

Running with a poor line is like throwing to an armless receiver. Usually pretty sorry results.

Pretty obvious that when you bring in another TE to help block, Ajayi will benefit.

Need to continue the trend because Cutler is leaving plays and points on the field in bunches so Ajayi must carry the team offensively.

Back
Top Bottom