Jay Glazer on Sedano Show: Ireland high on Tannehill LAST YEAR | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Glazer on Sedano Show: Ireland high on Tannehill LAST YEAR

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Interesting. I have heard the opposite, but I trust Glazer. Glazer said Ireland was high on Tannehill before ever hiring Philbin or Sherman. In addition, Glazer said that Ireland never wanted to go "hog wild" on a QB like Alex Smith or Matt Flynn because Tannehill was his target all along.

well if there's anyone i trust when it comes to the real scoop it's jay glazer...so i will just take that as face value...not sure i really cared anyways...irelands gonna be back next year no matter what...tannehill has assured that for him...so might as well get used to it

All the information leaking about this makes me think Ireland had nothing to do with this. Makes no sense for this stuff to still be coming out, if Ireland was 100% in charge of the pick, and he's the gm, than why does he seem so incredibly insecure? It seemed like half of hard knocks was Ireland trying tom prove he's the man.

I just don't get it.

All the information leaking about this makes me think Ireland had nothing to do with this. Makes no sense for this stuff to still be coming out, if Ireland was 100% in charge of the pick, and he's the gm, than why does he seem so incredibly insecure? It seemed like half of hard knocks was Ireland trying tom prove he's the man.

I just don't get it.

what?

Interesting. I have heard the opposite, but I trust Glazer. Glazer said Ireland was high on Tannehill before ever hiring Philbin or Sherman. In addition, Glazer said that Ireland never wanted to go "hog wild" on a QB like Alex Smith or Matt Flynn because Tannehill was his target all along.

Just wait for the spin.

But but but, Gil said the opposite. That doesn't mesh with the "Ireland is a liar" argument.

Seriously though, I don't really care if Ireland was high on Tannehill in August 2011, or whether he got high on him in early 2012. Either way, after a full evaluation and homework, Ireland picked Tannehill and that is all that matters.

I just don't get it.

Wow. Really? Let Me Help you out.

Ryan Tannehill. Sure, Mike Sherman had a wealth of knowledge on Tannehill. But this was a decision that involved bigger issues than a new offensive coordinator could make, as Sherman says. It was a course-of-the-franchise decision. Ireland visited Tannehill last November at Texas A&M and was on to him through the draft. And the quarterback has done nothing to say he won’t be the guy this franchise has needed for a decade.

“Obviously very, very excited to have Ryan [Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M] as our eighth pick in the draft. This is a kid we’ve been following – myself personally and our staff has been following for quite a while. --Ireland

I personally have watched all of his games from 2010 and I thought he had first-round ability just off of his junior season.- Ireland.

Ireland is the gm of the team.

There shouldn't need to be any leaks about who Ireland liked, when he liked whoever, or any of that, if he's the number 1 guy in charge, that should already be assumed.

So to me, it seems like someone in Mia is releasing false information because they are insecure. Or maybe it is true, but if it was, why the need to release the info?

I don't see any rumors out of any other franchise about when there gm liked a specific player. So why in Mia? Think abiut it.

But but but, Gil said the opposite. That doesn't mesh with the "Ireland is a liar" argument.

Seriously though, I don't really care if Ireland was high on Tannehill in August 2011, or whether he got high on him in early 2012. Either way, after a full evaluation and homework, Ireland picked Tannehill and that is all that matters.

I guess just like everything else in life it's a give and take. The people who support Ireland are blame for going through extreme lengths to Apologize for him and the one's the hate him will go to extreme lengths to discredit everything and anything that he has done that might work out. Just wait if this team continues to play well late into the season, with the roster he's responsible for and was getting the blame for it being a flawed team prior to the start of the season; give all the credit to the coaches. I promise you the players he got here are going to get no credit, it's going to be potrayed as if Philbin and Colye are actually playing on the field on Sundays.

Who cares when he fell in love with him. For all i care he could have fallen in love with him the night before the draft. I only care that we drafted him. Good job Ireland.

You know what? Ireland's "wall of silence" is what leads to these stories. He needs to be out in front more letting the media, but more importantly the fans understand where he is coming from and what his football philosophies are.

We will see how much new "love" he has amongst Fin Fans if the team loses in Miami.

Jeff Ireland has been putting it out to the media hard and steady that he loved Ryan Tannehill all along since the day he drafted him. Did Jay Glazer cite a source? I have money that says his source is Ireland.

Wanna get high?

towelieinterventionsp-1.jpg

Ireland picked Tannehill.....And next year we have the most draft picks in the top 100.

Sounds like Ireland's hitting his stride.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

You know what? Ireland's "wall of silence" is what leads to these stories. He needs to be out in front more letting the media, but more importantly the fans understand where he is coming from and what his football philosophies are.

We will see how much new "love" he has amongst Fin Fans if the team loses in Miami.

Come on.

Winning inspires love. Loss inspires hate.

There's really very little else to base it on in sports.

Edit; I've been with Ross and Ireland all along. Pull up any
thread I made, or replied to.

Back
Top Bottom