Jeb Bush & Derek Jeter want to buy the Marlins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeb Bush & Derek Jeter want to buy the Marlins

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Reported by WAXY, 790 The Ticket in Miami.

30c03959ad1972a06d23c25e54e7588a.jpg

Excellent news if it goes through :up:

Anybody but the ass wipes who own it now.

Excellent news if it goes through :up:

Anybody but the ass wipes who own it now.

The Marlins killed my fandom and developing love for baseball after the 2nd World Series win in 2003. I haven't cared about the team or the sport much since then. I refuse to invest my time and emotions into them. They run the team based on profitability only. Nothing wrong with making money, but if you're not truly trying to build something and win, then it's a waste of my time. Miami deserves a competent ownership team. That stadium did cost quite a lot to build, for one. They've also been teasing gullible Marlins fans for a long time now. Enough is enough.

Meh. The Marlins made me dislike baseball

I'm still a Marlins fan after all of the years of craziness, and am overjoyed at the prospect of a new ownership group. :up:

Kinda wish the new ownership group would simplify that ridiculous multicolor M logo they have now, but I think that ship has sailed for the next decade or so.

That is borderline exciting news. It will be interesting to see Jeter's involvement.

Meh. The Marlins made me dislike baseball

Should be the Marlin's owner made me dislike baseball. I hate that prick for what he's done over the years and am thrilled about having new management ... any new management.

I use to go to the games and even played a round of charity golf with Rene Lachemann the first manager back in the 90's.

The long nightmare is almost over!!!

Hopefully Jeb will be a better owner than he was a governor. But then again, Loria and his pipsqueak son in law set such a low watermark that it would be hard for him to be worse. Jeter's BB smarts hopefully will translate into oversight and that he plays the major role in club operations.

The fact that Loria makes out like a bandit doesn’t really phase me. He’s gone. He’s ****ing gone and can’t ruin Miami sports anymore. This is a day of celebration.

I'm interested to see how much the ownership is divvied up by, especially for Jeter

If it's a Marc Anthony/J-Lo/Fergie thing and they own a fraction of a percent of the team, then what does it matter beyond name recognition?

Regardless, I'm glad Jeffery Loria is getting gone.

[TWEET]856954959333515264[/TWEET]

It sound like it a total sell not just celebrity window dressing Adam. Hope so.

Loria basically turned a 12M investment in the Expos into $1.3B. That's nauseating. The worst owner in sports was basically given two different franchises and ran both into the ground while turning an absurd profit.

Back
Top Bottom