Jeff Darlington expects Landry to be on Dolphins next season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Darlington expects Landry to be on Dolphins next season

man i miss darlington. ive been saying it for a while. the least that will happen is a transition tag imo

I could see him signing for 12-13 million with more guaranteed money to offset not getting 14.5 million per. But unless he signs for 10 or less there will be a lot of pissed off fans on this board.Excluding me, i'd be happy.

Landry ends up in Cleveland. A QBs best friend is a sure handed chain mover who can work the middle.

They have nearly $110M in cap space. I think Cleveland finally has some intelligent people making decisions. They have a boat load of cash and a war chest of drawers picks.

I predict they land Cousins on 2-3 year deal making him the highest paid QB during the contact. Draft a QB in the 1st. And signing Landry also to a 3-4 year deal with a lot of up front money.

I think Cleveland could make a few bold purchases on shorter term deals while positioning themselves for long term growth with good drafting.

I have also thought Cleveland would make a possible trade partner for Suh if we are willing to take a little less to get the contract off the books. But that was before some of our recent coaching moves.

Cleveland has all of the leverage this off-season. And finally some decision makers that can use it properly.

I could see him signing for 12-13 million with more guaranteed money to offset not getting 14.5 million per. But unless he signs for 10 or less there will be a lot of pissed off fans on this board.Excluding me, i'd be happy.
I’d be happy too. I think he’s the best player on our offense by far.

He'll get north of 10 all day long , not even a discussion. I'd do cartwheels for 12 vut think he'll get more and walk. I really think Gase could care less if he stays and i think Landry knows it so he'll jet.

I disagree with Jeff on this one, I just don't see Landry in a Phins uniform again, he's chasing the money and he has all right to, there's bad blood on both sides......he's gone.

He'll get north of 10 all day long , not even a discussion. I'd do cartwheels for 12 vut think he'll get more and walk. I really think Gase could care less if he stays and i think Landry knows it so he'll jet.

Oh he is definitely getting paid if he leaves, but again they could tag him - I mean not a ton in FA this year- no more old LB or DE please. They can make it work if they want to, already said that before.

Then they have a year hopefully with Ryan back and the WR chemistry back with Parker Stills Landry- maybe a TE and see how 18 plays out.

I mean who do we need to pay big dollars to in FA this year?

I would be happy to have him back. He's part of the solution
........which begs the question, why would the Dolphins let him walk? This can't be about money alone, this team is aggressive when it comes to signing players they want, even overspending which many fans have complained about over the years. We really don't know what is going on behind the scenes given the fact that this organization might be willing to let a player of his caliber walk out the door.

........which begs the question, why would the Dolphins let him walk? This can't be about money alone, this team is aggressive when it comes to signing players they want, even overspending which many fans have complained about over the years. We really don't know what is going on behind the scenes given the fact that this organization might be willing to let a player of his caliber walk out the door.

Its not about money alone, you know the other reasons.

I don't think he should get 14 million or is elite but I want him back. I would pay 13 million. I just love that he never goes down easily, makes tough catches, and has the desire to be great. I don't want to create another hole and let home grown talent leave. We will probably lose him. But I really want to keep him.
If we lose Landry I would draft two tight ends in first few rounds. Or draft a te and sign a te in free agency. Though I know Gase loves the 3 receiver personal on the field. What do you guys think of getting tight ends like the pats did for years? We def need one for sure.

Back
Top Bottom