Jeff Ireland defends Daboll hire, sidesteps question about Ross' desire for explosive

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BAMAPHIN 22, Jan 28, 2011.

1. BAMAPHIN 22

BAMAPHIN 22 FinHeaven Elite

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dolphins/joerose/2011/01/jeff_ireland_defends_daboll_hi.html

2. buxster07

buxster07 A True Fan

Ireland "All I can tell you is that when you bring in four or five offensive coordinator types, the guys we brought in,..."

does anyone know who these other people were? it would be pretty enlightening to know what quality of candidates they were able to choose from.

3. Dolfandenny

Dolfandenny Starter

"Up and coming?" Cleveland didn't think so. Thats kinda where we get our information is by what he has accomplished so far. Oh well, it is what it is.

4. Aqua and Orange

Aqua and Orange Poster With A Porpoise Finheaven VIP Donator

Spoken with all of the confidence of a man who has to hope and pray all of this works to keep his job.

I think Ireland knows he's dressing up a piece of crap to make it look pretty, but has no other choice.

5. Trade Viper

Trade Viper Wicked Stop Hunter

This is the public face of the Phins, "I don't know what makes everybody qualified to make those comments." this person knows nothing about public relations, or how to calm a skittish fan base. Next thing you know he will be asking a draft candidate if his Mom, oops been there done that.

The correct answer would be. Yes I know the fans have concerns, and Cleveland certainly had their share of problems but Bla Bla Bla etc, GM speak, Mr Ross is great blabla bla, goal to win more home games etc etc etc.

Bonehead, you are not bigger than the game. What qualifies a person is them buying a ticket and merchandise, Sunday Ticket, Officially Sanctioned Paint to paint your man cave with ETC. Man, I never understood all of the Venom directed this guys way in the past, but now I do. Remember Jeff, the fans vote with their pocket.

The Ever Saddened By This FOs Lack Of Maturity VIPER

miamiron likes this.
  6. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

Daboll fits their offensive philosophy perfectly. Ross's comment of being more agressive was only to appease and temporarily appease the fans. Tony is married to his style football, you hardly see coaches change their styles. The geat ones do but many dont.

So expect to see more conservative style of football, now all we can hope for is that they atleast execute a bit better and eventually 1 or 2 extra big plays happen a game.

Tony has essentially been given open reign to do this his way. Win or fail, its on Tony and Jeff from thsi point forward, No more excuses.
    Chubbs

7. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

I think these guys are way to smart to bring in someone who is a piece of crap. Daboll had a rough time in Cleveland....was it all his fault? We may have to look at players, coaches, front office personnel, owner.... etc before we through our hands up to say this guy was/is a lousy coach. Take everything into consideration before we pass judgement.

8. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

What are you basing your ascertain on that they are smart?

9. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

really Sparano was also to smart to fire Henning and said Henning was doing a great job

10. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

|
    Dont you get it yet? no matter how much we hated Henning, he was doing a good job as per T.S.'s opinion. He was running a conservative dont "**** it up" offense. Which is Tonys style.
    Chubbs

11. buxster07

buxster07 A True Fan

And optimists turn a blind eye to that more often than not.

12. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

The Bucs and Ravens championships really are to blame for all of this. Coaches mistakenly think the formula of Great Defense, Good Running Game and conservative offense wins titles.

What they are not taking into consideration is no matter if your Defense is #1 they still can not half compare to how dominant those defenses were. Those teams were the exception not the rule.

Yet certain coaches/regimes bang their heads against the wall trying to replicate it. This will be the bane of Tony S.
    Chubbs

13. buxster07

buxster07 A True Fan

Amazing defenses.

Wanny too seemed to strive for that same formula.

In ways, that seems cheap and lazy for a coach to try to win that way (i.e. we'll put all our eggs in one basket (the defense) and not place as much care into the other sides of the ball).

14. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

At one time that was a sucessful formula in the NFL but the rules have evolved into favoring pass heavy offenses and have become very unfreindly to defenses in general.

15. buxster07

buxster07 A True Fan

That's very logical, and it's arguable the resurgence of the pass heavy offenses were a reaction to that former defensive heavy formula. Ross is not far off in asking for our team to modernize and turn up the notch on the offense.

16. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Remember when The Owner went ballistic over all those empty orange seats?

Regardless of the relative level of Ross's fandom, Ireland and Sparano best think long and hard before attributing his wishes as being "understandable from an avid fan's viewpoint but father still knows best" or they'll be kicked to the curb faster than you can say "PatWhiteTurnerCarl****ingPeterson."

17. ohall

ohall A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

When, before or after the Tuna left?

18. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

The tuna really was gone all last year so lets stop blaming him for everything. I blame him for sparano I blame sparano for not making changes last year and still not having the balls to fire henning this offseason.

19. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

Chubbs - that is a lil simplistic great D can score you points and keep others honest..., teams that can score quickly don't always nurse the clock - Good teams have balance - the Jets had great balance but they don't have a good QB thankfully

20. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

I believe it was Daboll, Childress, Chudzinski, Chris Palmer and John Garrett

21. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Pretty sad list

22. buxster07

buxster07 A True Fan

was that rumor?

if not, why wasn't Garrett the right fit over Daboll?

23. 4THand10

4THand10 A True Fan

Your latest picture in your post is funny as hell. :chuckle:

24. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

That is the brother of the Garrett you are thinking of. While I agree this offensive shake up and staff does not impress me you can argue the style of football if you wish but the Jets won pretty much with it and with a much less impressive QB than Henne. That slump that Sanchez got into when we played them last was just awful and we would have pulled Henne right away playing that way here. Sanchez would not make it in Miami. Not supporting Henne becuase he has his flaws but in New York they might be toasting him this week instead of Sanchez if he wore Green.

25. buxster07

buxster07 A True Fan

Wow i did read it as Jason for some reason.
    :crazy:

26. ohall

ohall A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

So you are saying Sprano should of fired Henning 2010 mid-season? The TUNA checked out before the season, and the sh*t didn't hit the fan as far as the offense goes until mid-season.

I can agree with both POV's as far as firing Henning mid-season 2010, however I'm now using 20/20 hindsight.

27. jlfin

jlfin old pro

That is a gross oversimplification. Pass happy offenses only succeed when you have an elite QB with an exceptional corp of receivers/TE AND and solid O-line.
    The Ravens and Bucs won SB's because they had exceptional/elite defenses.
    Hence,the key to winning is solid coaching and solid procurement of talent. There is no magic formula. It's a matter of a good coaching staff putting their talent in a position to win by having said talent playing to their strengths.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
  28. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

I do not disagree with anything you said here. I was only making the point that the rules are skewed in favor of the passing game more so then when either of those teams won the Superbowl.

29. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

He absolutely should have. At the very least strip him of his playcalling duties. Why he did neither is beyond absurd, and the choice not to, was a decision that nearly cost him his job.

30. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

so true.
    the optimist in me hopes it comes from a strong sense of loyalty and he will learn from it.
    the pessimist sees that it is a trend and this is the latest example

31. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

What does Ross see in this guy?