Jeff Ireland: Dolphins Will Try To Bring Back One Of Their Free Agent Running Backs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Ireland: Dolphins Will Try To Bring Back One Of Their Free Agent Running Backs

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Ricky may have burned his bridge, but I think he is a better option than Ronnie...

ricky would be a one year deal and the cheaper of the two. I doubt ronnie would accept anything less than a 4 year deal.

Not suprised here. Always thought the best option was to bring one of them back and draft a young speedster to groom. I can see Hilliard getting cut and Cobbs and Sheets as our other two RBs. Right now I would rather keep Ronnie over Ricky, but only if he is not overpaid.

There is only two things I can think of that makes Ricky better than Ronnie.....speed and durability. Other than that Ronnie is better at everything else. I also think that Ronnie, if given 20-25 carries a game, could easily be a 1500 yard back....if he stays healthy.

Last edited:
Please no more Ronnie.

He was so done LAST year.

There is only two things I can think of that makes Ricky better than Ronnie.....speed and durability. Other than that Ronnie is better at everything else. I also think that Ronnie, if given 20-25 carries a game, could easily be a 1500 yard back....if he stays healthy.

You do know this is 2011 right?

Even at his age, Ricky is more productive, more talented, and has always been better than Ronnie running the ball.
Ricky has lead the NFL and college in rushing. Ronnie had 1000 yards, once?
Ronnie has not even proved that he can regularly finish a NFL 16 game season.
I would take Ricky and pay him decently. He deserves it.
We might be able to get something for Ronnie in a sign and trade.

There is only two things I can think of that makes Ricky better than Ronnie.....speed and durability. Other than that Ronnie is better at everything else.

Ricky clearly has better vision, better cutting ability, better lean with a better pad level, and he doesn't dance around like a JackA$$ in the backfield and hits the hole a lot quicker.,

to name just a few things, Homer.

clear.gif

Even at his age, Ricky is more productive, more talented, and has always been better than Ronnie running the ball.
Ricky has lead the NFL and college in rushing. Ronnie had 1000 yards, once?
Ronnie has not even proved that he can regularly finish a NFL 16 game season.
I would take Ricky and pay him decently. He deserves it.
We might be able to get something for Ronnie in a sign and trade.

How would we manage that? Considering he is a free agent? If you franchise him, nobody will trade for him since he will feel he is worth way more money. With the way Ricky has been lately i can't see them bringing him back, but then again nothing surprises me with this FO. I personally think we need to move on from Ricky, think we should have done that when he retired. I like the guy and all, but sometimes you just gotta move forward.

Ricky clearly has better vision, better cutting ability, better lean with a better pad level, and he doesn't dance around like a JackA$$ in the backfield and hits the hole a lot quicker.,

to name just a few things.

He also fumbles more, goes down easier, cuts up his own teamates and coach in the media. They both dance, every running back in the league dances when they take a handoff and notice the DL in their face already. Our run blocking was poor this year, our whole offense was poor. I am not sure if it was the players quiting on Henning, or just bad players. But that offense was offensive. Everytime we had a running back start to produce, we cut his nuts off by subbing in the other runner. Or by going to 90% passing.

He also fumbles more, goes down easier, cuts up his own teamates and coach in the media. They both dance, every running back in the league dances when they take a handoff and notice the DL in their face already. Our run blocking was poor this year, our whole offense was poor. I am not sure if it was the players quiting on Henning, or just bad players. But that offense was offensive. Everytime we had a running back start to produce, we cut his nuts off by subbing in the other runner. Or by going to 90% passing.

Sorry but that's just not true, Ricky atleast gave the effort to hit the hole with some kind of authority. He knew the line was eff'd but he still went with the designed play, Ronnie was playing pattycake while Ricky out produced him all season long.

Back
Top Bottom