Jeff Ireland expects an "Action Pack" Offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Ireland expects an "Action Pack" Offseason

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
General managers and coaches in Indianapolis for the scouting combine were split on what that will mean over the next few weeks. Some argue there will be less movement because there are fewer unrestricted free agents.
Others argue there could be an unprecedented run on restricted free agents. Remember, each team has more restricted free agents than in past seasons. If three or four of those players receive offer sheets, can that team really afford to keep all of them?
"I think there could be more action in that aspect of this off-season because there are more players to pick from," Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ore/nfl/stories/030410dnspomoore.36b95dd.html

Hope this means our Fins are gonna be agressive. Ireland sounds like he ready to pull out the guns and get this thing going. This is year three of Free Agency under The Trifecta and many are expecting big things. If anything was an indication was how agressive Miami was to sign Nolan. So hopefully was the beginning of good things to come.

On a side note, we are hours away from Free Agency and Im ready to post any little bit of Dolphin releated news that is not already on the site. I got the PC going, My phone is charged & NFL Network is on.

Yeah but what he means by action pack is he just bought some cold ones in a pack and will crack one open and watch the free agency...

Do teams really want to sign players to big contracts not knowing what the cap will be in 2011? I think we will see less movement this year because of the uncertainty around the CBA.

Thanks for all the love guys, but there is a reason why this site is as good as any in the Net. Its people like you and me who make it happen here and this is my passion. I love the Fins and sharing info on them and discussing it. So thankyou guys and what I ever I dig on the net or find, Ill post even if it is insignificant.

During this time of the year you must believe everyone & believe no one. We have seen some crazy things go down in the beginning hours of Free Agency.

Thanks for all the love guys, but there is a reason why this site is as good as any in the Net. Its people like you and me who make it happen here and this is my passion. I love the Fins and sharing info on them and discussing it. So thankyou guys and what I ever I dig on the net or find, Ill post even if it is insignificant.

During this time of the year you must believe everyone & believe no one. We have seen some crazy things go down in the beginning hours of Free Agency.

Dude appreciate the great info real talk. Man I love the fins so much and love talking about them. I can talk non stop about them I got titans fans scared to talk sports with me at school even if they beat us but man I prove them wrong so much and win or lose i still talk smack and let them no i love my team...

Do teams really want to sign players to big contracts not knowing what the cap will be in 2011? I think we will see less movement this year because of the uncertainty around the CBA.

No guarantee any of us will be here in 2011 so let's live in the now and buy everyone in free agency!

:d-day:

I just hope Ireland feels enough of the fire on his *** to actually get us that WR we've needed for a while now. I am not going to be pleased with a crap "hope it works out" duo of late round draftees like last season.

Well I mean all he said was he thinks it will be active in reguards to RFAs? Am I the only person who got only that?

Looks like we are dangling the bait out there and want to build the team via the draft via free agency. Sure everyone wants their own players but what guarentee are you going to get in the middle of the draft for a proven NFL player chosen 2nd overall. On the up side the player your getting will be younger you just gotta hope he is nfl ready and hope your team picks the right one. It is not like we are bullet proof in that area either as Pat White and Turner are 2 high picks from last year who have not shown up NFL ready yet!

Back
Top Bottom