Jeff Ireland's drafts home run after home run..the reason we are still in it | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Ireland's drafts home run after home run..the reason we are still in it

dolphinator86

You are TERMINATED!!
Reaction score
I know this topic has been played out but coming down this stretch run and seeing who is playing big parts i thought it would be worth a look again.

Jake Long- HOME RUN one of only 2 1st rounders last year to go to the pro bowl. Pro Bowl LT for i donno the next 12 years. And a major reason we have been successful in the last two years

Phillip Merling- HOME RUN got off to a slow start in his rookie season but once he recovered from his injury he has been beastly. An anchor who has been a major contributor

Chad Henne- HOME RUN starting QB with a 7-3 record after taking over for Penny. Calm, composed and a hard worker not to mention a leader. the future and leader of this team this season and for years to come

Kendall Langford- HOME RUN started day one and has been consistent holding down his side will be there for the next _______ insert number there years. A big part of our line rotation this year.

Shawn Murphy
- maybe not a home run but this dude was going into the season as the starter and gave us depth we didnt decide to keep him but he will contribute at an NFL for years.

Jalen Parmele- ok this is prob one that leaves you scratching your head could have been used this year so not good on this one

Donald Thomas- HOME RUN freaking stud who manhandles people didnt have him last year this year we have noticed his presence this guy will be here for years and a stud. Big part of our success this year.

Lex Hilliard- Big time contributor in special teams and will be a bigger part of the run game as the season goes on. has made the most of his chances

Lionel Dotson- hasnt done much but we have crazy depth at DE

Bess- Yes he was part of our draft, probably our best receiver and an extremely hard worker who is playing a major major major part in our O this season

Dan Carpenter
- MONEY is his nickname huge part of our success and contributes weekly

11 players drafted and brought in 8 of them are major contributors and play key roles in one way or the other.

Vontae Davis- HOME RUN starter with 3 picks and a big hitter who will be a staple of this D for 10 years. Major part of our success this year

Pat White- EH prob the worst pick so far lets see how it plays out

Sean Smith- has had a few rough games but HOME RUN starter from day one and has had to play some of the best and i mean BEST WR's in the league in his rookie year and along with Vontae will be our bookend for years and year

Pat Turner
- been active only a few times look for him next year maybe think what you will about him now

Brian Hartline- HOME RUN this kid is intense and a total gamer, great receiver and big time special teams player and a major contributor to our success.

John Nalbone- eh kinda pick hasnt really panned out but i always thought of him as a project and may contribute later.

Chris Clemons- I want to say HOME RUN but i cant yet he has all the skills but we have alot of money invested in front of him which i think we will get rid of soon so he is given a chance call me next year

Andrew Gardner- EDIT sorry i was thinking of Nate Gardner he hasnt been active yet

JD Folsom- nothing out of him yet lets see how he develops

8 players drafted/brought in and 4 home runs and lots of potential

so out of both of his drafts thus far....

19 players selected 12 of them are either studs and future Pro Bowl guys or major contributors to this team and their success this year.

This team is making a run even with all of these injuries because of the great ability of our FO to find young NFL ready talent.

GO FINS LETS KEEP IT UP AND KEEP TURNING SOME HEADS...:hi5:

I think you're being pretty generous with the "home run" tags. the jury is out on many of those players.

Yeah thinking of the Cameron or Wanny drafts makes it even sweeter.

I think you're being pretty generous with the "home run" tags. the jury is out on many of those players.

Calling the picks homeruns might be a little premature but I must say that I have been very pleased with all of the picks except for Pat White. Was really pissed off when I heard his name called.

I know this topic has been played out but coming down this stretch run and seeing who is playing big parts i thought it would be worth a look again.

Jake Long- HOME RUN one of only 2 1st rounders last year to go to the pro bowl. Pro Bowl LT for i donno the next 12 years. And a major reason we have been successful in the last two years

Phillip Merling- HOME RUN got off to a slow start in his rookie season but once he recovered from his injury he has been beastly. An anchor who has been a major contributor

Chad Henne- HOME RUN starting QB with a 7-3 record after taking over for Penny. Calm, composed and a hard worker not to mention a leader. the future and leader of this team this season and for years to come

Kendall Langford- HOME RUN started day one and has been consistent holding down his side will be there for the next _______ insert number there years. A big part of our line rotation this year.

Shawn Murphy
- maybe not a home run but this dude was going into the season as the starter and gave us depth we didnt decide to keep him but he will contribute at an NFL for years.

Jalen Parmele- ok this is prob one that leaves you scratching your head could have been used this year so not good on this one

Donald Thomas- HOME RUN freaking stud who manhandles people didnt have him last year this year we have noticed his presence this guy will be here for years and a stud. Big part of our success this year.

Lex Hilliard- Big time contributor in special teams and will be a bigger part of the run game as the season goes on. has made the most of his chances

Lionel Dotson- hasnt done much but we have crazy depth at DE

Bess- Yes he was part of our draft, probably our best receiver and an extremely hard worker who is playing a major major major part in our O this season

Dan Carpenter
- MONEY is his nickname huge part of our success and contributes weekly

11 players drafted and brought in 8 of them are major contributors and play key roles in one way or the other.

Vontae Davis- HOME RUN starter with 3 picks and a big hitter who will be a staple of this D for 10 years. Major part of our success this year

Pat White- EH prob the worst pick so far lets see how it plays out

Sean Smith- has had a few rough games but HOME RUN starter from day one and has had to play some of the best and i mean BEST WR's in the league in his rookie year and along with Vontae will be our bookend for years and year

Pat Turner
- been active only a few times look for him next year maybe think what you will about him now

Brian Hartline- HOME RUN this kid is intense and a total gamer, great receiver and big time special teams player and a major contributor to our success.

John Nalbone- eh kinda pick hasnt really panned out but i always thought of him as a project and may contribute later.

Chris Clemons- I want to say HOME RUN but i cant yet he has all the skills but we have alot of money invested in front of him which i think we will get rid of soon so he is given a chance call me next year

Andrew Gardner- HOME RUN you wanna argue this he is money can play ever spot on the line and has done so during this season. Major player in the depth of this line and will be a big time guy rotational wise for years

JD Folsom- nothing out of him yet lets see how he develops

8 players drafted/brought in and 4 home runs and lots of potential

so out of both of his drafts thus far....

19 players selected 12 of them are either studs and future Pro Bowl guys or major contributors to this team and their success this year.

This team is making a run even with all of these injuries because of the great ability of our FO to find young NFL ready talent.

GO FINS LETS KEEP IT UP AND KEEP TURNING SOME HEADS...:hi5:
I don't think Andrew Gardner has played all season. You are thinking of Nate Garner, who was a seventh rounder from the Jets last season who we claimed off of waivers.

Getting Cam Wake with the cheap contract he signed was like adding a 1st/2nd round pick.

And you're thinking of Nate Garner... not Andrew Gardner.

And one guy I have been disappointed with this year is Phillip Merling. I totally disagree that he has been any sort of difference maker. I see him getting blocked pretty easily this year overall.. He's on the ground way too often for my liking.

His development has been a disappointment thus far. Remember that Merling was basically a 1st round pick.. he was picked at #32. The Pats lost a 1st rounder so there was one less pick in the 1st round that year.

I can't see this regime being happy with Merling's development. In fact, I am certain they are disappointed with him as well.

I think we've drafted more players that will stay on this team than this team has drafted the past 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom