Jeremy Hill #1 per Rotoworld | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeremy Hill #1 per Rotoworld

HoneyB

Active Roster
Reaction score
thidHN608021486365507717pid15-1.1

According to Rotoworld, Hill surpassed Hyde as the number one preferred back.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131161/jeremy-hill

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah tweeted most of the teams he talks to prefer LSU RB Jeremy Hill over Ohio State's Carlos Hyde.
We are extremely surprised to hear this, as Hyde has consistently been mentioned as the top running back. Hill does have a higher tackle breaking percentage, but both runners excel at picking up yards after contact. Hyde did take a large step forward this year. Apr 10 - 1:09 PM

Not that we'd get either Hyde or Hill, but it's interesting. And when you look at all the backs, it makes sense in a lot of ways. Some backs are big, and other backs shifty, but neither may have real burst to the hole, which is a concern in the NFL when holes are closing faster than in college.

So if you value certain criteria, and want to figure out which backs in the draft have a) BURST, b) SIZE, can somewhat c) CATCH and PASS PROTECT, and is d) DURABLE..I come up with really just one name - Jeremy Hill. He comes out of the SEC, behind a pro style offense, against defenses that stacked the box with 8 or more defenders on half of his carries, and still got 7.9 yards between the tackles. He's got off field issues, but hey...this player is going to be snatched up quickly. In fact, I think all the backs are going to end up going a little higher than everyone thinks.

There's a notable gap between Hill and the 2nd best RB in this class (Hyde, for me). He's a natural runner that has the right combination of power and quickness. I have him as the 19th best player in the draft.

I like Hyde too, because he's that country-strong kind of back, huge...and can still catch if you need him to. He would do what neither Moreno or Miller (or Thomas) can do. But really, when you want all the factors, that burst....all of it, its only Hill.

If you scratch off Hill and Hyde, I guess Mason, there's a couple other backs which have BURST, like Ka’Deem Carey and Devonta Freeman. The Dolphins were interested in West, also. I hope we pick up a back in the draft so we can cut Daniel Thomas.

I like Hyde too, because he's that country-strong kind of back, huge...and can still catch if you need him to. He would do what neither Moreno or Miller (or Thomas) can do. But really, when you want all the factors, that burst....all of it, its only Hill.

If you scratch off Hill and Hyde, I guess Mason, there's a couple other backs which have BURST, like Ka’Deem Carey and Devonta Freeman. The Dolphins were interested in West, also. I hope we pick up a back in the draft so we can cut Daniel Thomas.

I like Carey. In him, I see super quick feet and a great feel for the game. If he can play at 210+, it'd go a long way. If he were as fast as he is quick, he'd probably be considered an early-to-mid 2nd RD pick. After those three, I go Seastrunk and Mason - followed by guys like West and Freeman. I have Sankey as the most overrated RB - by draft boards, media, etc.

I like Carey. In him, I see super quick feet and a great feel for the game. If he can play at 210+, it'd go a long way. If he were as fast as he is quick, he'd probably be considered an early-to-mid 2nd RD pick. After those three, I go Seastrunk and Mason - followed by guys like West and Freeman. I have Sankey as the most overrated RB - by draft boards, media, etc.

Agree on Sankey, I don't like him at all.

I think the guy had 0 catches, but other than that, why is nobody talking about Andre Williams? I think he might be the best pure runner in the draft. Has great vision, consistently saw 8 men in the box, very rarely tackled by first contact. I would love this kid in the 3rd/4th.

Hill is the perfect compliment to what we have already. This is the guy we need.

I think the guy had 0 catches, but other than that, why is nobody talking about Andre Williams? I think he might be the best pure runner in the draft. Has great vision, consistently saw 8 men in the box, very rarely tackled by first contact. I would love this kid in the 3rd/4th.

I wouldn't complain if we drafted him.

The "other zero catches" part is big though. Not only was he dropping passing in games but he was terrible at the combine. These days, you have to catch. He's the old-school czonka type of back. No vision. Hopefully he can run over people at the NFL level, against bigger defenders, because if he can't that's not good. Would I want him? Sure, but Philbin won't.

Forget using a high pick on a RB. Lorenzo Taliaferro in the 6th. Word out of the sr. Bowl was that he impressed in pass pro. He's 6'0 230, can catch and break tackles. A larger version of Zac Stacy who looked great for the rams last season

Hill is an aggressive no-nonsense back who does virtually everything well. I like him better than Hyde.

Every time I see Hill I think of how perfect he would have been for USC's Student Body Right in the old days. John Robinson used to grab one young back after another in practice and implore them to run exactly like Hill does, upfield and through contact.

I don't get the fascination with the Washington kid. He's not a dime a dozen scatback caliber like Lorenzo Booker but I don't see him markedly above that. Comparison to Bernard of the Bengals are amusing, IMO.

Mason is underrated. Bottom line, it's the national championship game and Florida State with the best defense in the country is protecting a small lead with under 2 minutes to play. Meanwhile, Mason runs right through them into the end zone from 30+ yards, and he did it effortlessly and without being surprised or impressed with himself. That type of effort is worth exponentially more than dissecting other running backs play after play. Why make it difficult?

Back
Top Bottom