Jermichael Finley, Dolphins TE?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MexDolfan, Oct 12, 2012.

?

What should Dolphins exchange in a trade for TE Jermichael Finley?

1. 2nd round pick

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. 3rd round pick

45 vote(s)
    32.6%
  3. 4th or lower round pick

47 vote(s)
    34.1%
  4. Reggie Bush

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. RB aside of Reggie

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. None, he's unworthy of a trade

39 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. MexDolfan

MexDolfan Seasoned Veteran

I understand several guys have expressed they don't like when we post daydreaming situations about improbable trades, but as we're 2 weeks away of trade deadline several trades could happen specially for teams that love to "build through the draft", but are suffering to win this season.

That said, Packers' TE Jermichael Finley have expressed there's no chemistry with Aaron Rodgers, his passer. Also his agent contacted Rodgers to clarify a statement from Finley. So when an agent is used as PR among his teammates, there's some serious issue that haven't been handled in the best way.

So figuring Philbin requests a trade for Finley, what kind of compensation should Dolphins surrender?

Do you think it's a feasible trade?

What kind of impact could he have for our offense?

Comment please :ponder:

2. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

Id negotiate something.close to a second.
    Weve got two to play with. Something in that neighborhood id be fine with.

3. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Absolutely not. This guy is a "me first" guy that is already overpaid and points fingers at everyone else but himself. I'm tired of him blaming "chemistry" as the reason why he doesn't get production. He has problems catching the ball.

4. Cloudy

Cloudy MustNotSleep-MustWarnOthers

I wouldn't be opposed to give up a 3rd for Jermichael Finley. =)

5. Fintastic2124

Fintastic2124 A True Fan

A third is a no brainer.

6. next-year

next-year MostHated

he's like a less talented Vernon Davis that never matured . Dude complains every single play and throws temper tantrums when he drops easy passes acting like there was some phantom pass interference on te play

7. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

If I'm Miami I'm nabbing Jared Cook in the offseason.

8. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

I guess the Wannstedt years have worn off on some...forgetting how he gave away picks in an effort to get players to win now. All of which led to the 1-15 season and pure garbage on the field.

I wonder if it ever dawns on any of you that players are available in trade because they're either A) not getting it done on the field or just flat out suck or B) have a plethora of off the field issues that normally find their way into the locker room or field. Just like the people on here praising Ireland for trading Vontae for a 2nd to Indy, it seems obvious now that Vontae wasn't getting it done on the field.

In regards to Finley...it's clear that he's having some major issues with catching the ball. He's had a lot of drops, more than normal, so if you were frustrated with Charles Clay magnify that by 10 and then imagine we had traded a 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick to acquire Clay...would you be angry, frustrated, disappointed? I would.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2012
  9. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

One of the most overrated players in the league. I wouldn't trade anything more than a fourth for him

10. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

People here continue to believe this FO will build through trades and FA. This thinking goes completely against the grain of Philbin.

And I can't agree more on Finley's issue with his hands. The guy just isn't getting it done. Watch enough Packer games, and you see it on a regular basis. Players like Bowe and Finley will be available for alot of reasons, not catching the ball will be one of those reasons.

11. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

no thanks he is injury prone

12. Doug385

Doug385 Well-Known Member

overrated??? i wouldn't refer to him as that. the guy is only 25 yrs old, and up until this year was steadily progressing (minus an injury plagued 2010), finishing last season with 55 catches for 767 yds, and most importantly EIGHT TDS! overrated??? give me a break... That's like saying Reggie Bush is overrated (no doubt he was at one point, but given the opportunity and correct system he proved the NFL wrong). Do away with the Charles Clay experiment, say good bye to Fasano, sign Finley and draft a TE in the early rnds of the draft. BOOM! Add a high profile WR to Hartline and Bess and we have a nice vertical passing game.

13. crumpdaddy

crumpdaddy Scout Team Finheaven VIP

give em a 4th and clay....im gtg or a conditional and egnew.

14. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

Not worth the headaches...definitely not a guy Philbin would put up with. We can do better.

15. Dsteve

Dsteve Well-Known Member

um philbin was his coach before... I'd say do it if its a 4th rounder. thats a no brainer.

16. damanref10

damanref10 Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

No hands. and injured every other week. this guy was all potential and just hasn't been able to put it all together.

I'm going with Jared Cook every day of the week if I'm targeting a tight end through FA, that kid can play, and is getting better very very quickly. I would be very surprised if the Titans don't find a way to resign him, but if not.... i'm all over it

17. MexDolfan

MexDolfan Seasoned Veteran

Ok, I've heard options supporting and refusing a trade for Jermichael.

I understand he's not playing at his best level, but Philbin and Sherman are capable of getting the best from him, he's a WCO talent, as he knows to run his routes and can block with relative easiness.

So I don't see any reason not to offer a 3rd rounder for him. IDK but Jeff Ireland could get him offering 4th & 6th picks.

18. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

If I thought I could get J. Cook for a good price, I'd prefer to go that route, but I agree with the posters who said 4th. He still has a ton of upside.

This, though, is another situation where I'll happily defer to Philbin. My stance during the M. Flynn thing was pretty simple. If Philbin thinks he's a franchise QB, we'll get him. If he doesn't, we won't. If Philbin thinks Finley has the character and ability to correct his problems, I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami make a play for him. If we don't make a play for him, it's not necessarily because he's a lost cause (again, maybe we're looking at Cook or content developing Egnew or are interested in drafting another TE), but if I were another team wanting to inquire about Finley, I'd pay attention to Miami's interest in him.

19. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Spend a draft pick AND 7.5 mil next year for a guy who can't catch the ball and throws his QB under the bus? No way.

20. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Build through the draft or if we really need to free agency.

21. j0hnny63

j0hnny63 bon jon bovi

Fasano > Jermike.

Fact.

22. UCF Nation

UCF Nation Well-Known Member

4th round pick, maybe. I am onboard for rebuilding through the draft and developing our young core.

23. DolfanDuBbZ~

Nonsense. I wouldn't trade for Finley, but I also wouldn't resign Fasano.

24. LandShark13

LandShark13 A True Fan

He's on pace to average over 70 receptions this year which would be 15 more than his best year so I don't get the whole lack of chemistry thing. Rodgers is obviously throwing the ball to him on a regular basis.

25. DolfanDuBbZ~

How them drops working out?

26. UltimaKilo

UltimaKilo Well-Known Member

We aren't pressed for a TE right now and we have plenty of draft picks if we wanted to pick up another. Taking up cap-space for Finley is ridiculous.

27. LandShark13

LandShark13 A True Fan

Don't know. I'm not the one advocating that we trade for this guy so haven't been following. May want to ask the OP.

28. Webster10

Webster10 Member

He can't catch.

29. dolphone

dolphone In memoriam

Two things here.

One, the Packers wouldn't let go of James Jones; what makes you think they'd let go of Finley? They'd want a second or more, I think.

Second, he's not worth that much *to the Dolphins*. They already sunk a 3rd into the position. And they have Clay.

Our biggest need offensively is a WR, not a TE. Even one as talented as Finley (drops and all, yeah).

30. Marinoh2424

Marinoh2424 Rookie

Isn't he J Lane's step brother?

31. Ikema

Ikema FinHeaven VIP

this guys a problem, the only way to take on a problem is that bargain-basement kind of deal. I'm thinking no higher than a fifth, IF you think he's something you can work with if you're Philbin. If he's a prima donna Joe already knows and will steer far clear of him. Bank on it

32. Pinkboy

Pinkboy Banned Hammered

Reggie Bush ?? Wes Welker ???

I'm sure the suitors of those trades were quite happy with the results & didn't have such myopic and linear thinking as you do

Many a super bowl champion have made such trades.. just look at the Saints roster of Vilma, Shockey, and a few other guys on that championship team for just a small sample of the many roster acquisitions of super bowl teams.

and many good teams, not just super bowl ones.. I don't think the Falcons regret trading for John Abraham from the Jets, as just one of a plethora of examples. You know, the guy that our 1st overall pick, Jake Long, gets taken to lunch against and can't ever block

33. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Philbin should know if this guy had the goods and worth the price so there you go.

34. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

Bush was/is injury prone and the Saints didn't see any value in him...don't come on here thinking that because he's playing well now you saw it coming. Wes Welker was just the stupidity of Cam Cameron who also cut Welker in San Diego.

Vilma didn't fit the Jets 3-4 defense and struggled in it so they traded him. Shockey...really? Have you not heard about Shockey's locker room antics and on field complaining when he doesn't get the ball....go ahead and carry on. Since the later Shula years we've been trading away picks and signing big name free agents and it's done nothing for us...nothing. It's a lot of hype with little results and a lot of disappointment. Maybe you missed all the hype in Buffalo when they signed Mario Williams...supposedly he was going to turn that defense and that team into a playoff contender all by himself. Sure there are few examples of free agents and trades that workout for the better but there are a lot more that don't...my myopic mind remembers a certain Brandon Marshall that didn't help us do jack...dropped a lot of would be TDs, complained about not having an elite QB but didn't get us any more wins. Or maybe the two !st round draft picks for Ricky Williams better suits you...lots of yards but no playoffs...and then he quit on us to go smoke weed.

35. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

to be honest i trust in phiblin.if he wants finley here than im sure he would fit in nice with our up and comming team.if phiblin passes than you have the answer

36. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

If he's whining about the great Aaron Rodgers, we don't need him here providing any Marshall-like cognitive dissonance to TanneThRill. Discount double-check the **** him out to somewhere else thanks.

37. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Finley is not that good. He's not doing anything with Aaron Rodgers as his QB.

38. whodizking

whodizking Rookie

Finley is a cancer, plus he doesn't catch the ball at all. This dude drops tons of passes. I rather go for someone else if we did a trade. Plus I don't think he would make this team dramatically different. He is far from a TE that can take over a game as Vernon or graham etc... So please move on from this thread that isn't a dream, it's a death wish.

39. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Finley is an elite talent.

Just a complete dumbass.

40. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

birdie told me some good TE's will be in this coming draft. someone tell me otherwise.