Jermichael Finley, Dolphins TE? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jermichael Finley, Dolphins TE?

What should Dolphins exchange in a trade for TE Jermichael Finley?

• 2nd round pick

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • 3rd round pick

Votes: 45 32.6%
  • 4th or lower round pick

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Reggie Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB aside of Reggie

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • None, he's unworthy of a trade

Votes: 39 28.3%

• Total voters
No hands. and injured every other week. this guy was all potential and just hasn't been able to put it all together.

I'm going with Jared Cook every day of the week if I'm targeting a tight end through FA, that kid can play, and is getting better very very quickly. I would be very surprised if the Titans don't find a way to resign him, but if not.... i'm all over it

Ok, I've heard options supporting and refusing a trade for Jermichael.

I understand he's not playing at his best level, but Philbin and Sherman are capable of getting the best from him, he's a WCO talent, as he knows to run his routes and can block with relative easiness.

So I don't see any reason not to offer a 3rd rounder for him. IDK but Jeff Ireland could get him offering 4th & 6th picks.

If I thought I could get J. Cook for a good price, I'd prefer to go that route, but I agree with the posters who said 4th. He still has a ton of upside.

This, though, is another situation where I'll happily defer to Philbin. My stance during the M. Flynn thing was pretty simple. If Philbin thinks he's a franchise QB, we'll get him. If he doesn't, we won't. If Philbin thinks Finley has the character and ability to correct his problems, I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami make a play for him. If we don't make a play for him, it's not necessarily because he's a lost cause (again, maybe we're looking at Cook or content developing Egnew or are interested in drafting another TE), but if I were another team wanting to inquire about Finley, I'd pay attention to Miami's interest in him.

overrated??? i wouldn't refer to him as that. the guy is only 25 yrs old, and up until this year was steadily progressing (minus an injury plagued 2010), finishing last season with 55 catches for 767 yds, and most importantly EIGHT TDS! overrated??? give me a break... That's like saying Reggie Bush is overrated (no doubt he was at one point, but given the opportunity and correct system he proved the NFL wrong). Do away with the Charles Clay experiment, say good bye to Fasano, sign Finley and draft a TE in the early rnds of the draft. BOOM! Add a high profile WR to Hartline and Bess and we have a nice vertical passing game.
Spend a draft pick AND 7.5 mil next year for a guy who can't catch the ball and throws his QB under the bus? No way.

Build through the draft or if we really need to free agency.

4th round pick, maybe. I am onboard for rebuilding through the draft and developing our young core.

He's on pace to average over 70 receptions this year which would be 15 more than his best year so I don't get the whole lack of chemistry thing. Rodgers is obviously throwing the ball to him on a regular basis.

He's on pace to average over 70 receptions this year which would be 15 more than his best year so I don't get the whole lack of chemistry thing. Rodgers is obviously throwing the ball to him on a regular basis.

How them drops working out?

We aren't pressed for a TE right now and we have plenty of draft picks if we wanted to pick up another. Taking up cap-space for Finley is ridiculous.

Two things here.

One, the Packers wouldn't let go of James Jones; what makes you think they'd let go of Finley? They'd want a second or more, I think.

Second, he's not worth that much *to the Dolphins*. They already sunk a 3rd into the position. And they have Clay.

Our biggest need offensively is a WR, not a TE. Even one as talented as Finley (drops and all, yeah).

Back
Top Bottom