Jerry Jones states Tony Romo should be 1st ballot HOF inductee | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jerry Jones states Tony Romo should be 1st ballot HOF inductee

1972forever

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This is just another case of the Cowboys trying to use their influence in an attempt get a player into the HOF who was nothing special at the QB position. Romo was average at best and him even being mentioned as a HOF QB is ridiculous.

Zach Thomas was 10 times better at his position than Romo was at QB in the NFL and yet Thomas still isn’t in the HOF. If Romo had played for any team except the Cowboys and had the same career, no one would view him as a HOF candidate.

Romo may eventually end up in the HOF. It will just be as a commentator/analyst, not as a QB.

Romo may eventually end up in the HOF. It will just be as a commentator/analyst, not as a QB.
He is a much better analysis than he was a QB but it should take at least 20years in the broadcast boot before anyone should be elected into the HOF, IMO.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call him average, but I also wouldn't call him elite.

He was that guy who is too good to move on from but not good enough to be elite.

I wouldn't call him average, but I also wouldn't call him elite.

He was that guy who is too good to move on from but not good enough to be elite.
Okay, I’ll give you that he was an about average QB for several seasons of his nine year career but above average is not good enough to be in the HOF, in my opinion.
Unfortunately who you played for and being in the media after retiring seems to be more important than whether a former player deserves to be in the HOF or not.

Back
Top Bottom