Jersey #'s? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jersey #'s?

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Do we know what #'s the rookies will be wearing?

MiamiDolphins.com has no number's listed.

Any guesses?

Charles Harris's #91 OBVIOUSLY is not available.

Raekwon McMillan can't wear #5 in the NFL and Misi has #55

Cordrea Tankersley's #25 is occupied by Xavien Howard.

Isaac Asiata won't be wearing #54 in the pro's.

Isiah Ford's #1 is available, I don't remember if WR's are allowed to wear #'s 1-9?

Harris confirmed on Marc Hochman and Crowder that he'd likely select number 90. My best guesses for McMillan would be 52, and Tankersley 24.

Do we know what #'s the rookies will be wearing?

MiamiDolphins.com has no number's listed.

Any guesses?

Charles Harris's #91 OBVIOUSLY is not available.

Raekwon McMillan can't wear #5 in the NFL and Misi has #55

Cordrea Tankersley's #25 is occupied by Xavien Howard.

Isaac Asiata won't be wearing #54 in the pro's.

Isiah Ford's #1 is available, I don't remember if WR's are allowed to wear #'s 1-9?
Why not? Pouncey wears 51, I don't see why Asiata can't wear 54 and it's available.

Harris will probably wear 90.
McMillan will probably wear 52...his number 5 plus the round he was drafted in...2
Tankersley I don't know...24 is available
Ford will probably take 81

Harris said he's wearing 90.

McMillan's options are 52, 53, 54, and 59. I like 52. This one is important to me because I'll probably be getting his jersey next year.

Tankersley's only option in the 20s is 24 so I'd bank on that.

I don't know what the DT's are gonna wear because the 90s are full. I guess 70s until cuts.

Larsen will likely take #62.

Sorry but nobody gets #54 just yet. McMillan should just go ahead and rip 55 of Misi's chest and wear it like a warrior's scalp.

Why not? Pouncey wears 51, I don't see why Asiata can't wear 54 and it's available.

Ummmm because it was Zach Thomas's #.

At least 20 years should pass before anyone wears that number again.

I am not a huge proponent of retiring #'s except for the generational talents like Dan Marino. I am even on the fence about Jason Taylor, who happens to be my second favorite player of all time. I certainly don't want anyone wearing 99, but in 15 years I might feel differently. 13 should never be worn again.

Larsen will likely take #62.

Sorry but nobody gets #54 just yet. McMillan should just go ahead and rip 55 of Misi's chest and wear it like a warrior's scalp.

Why not? It's just a number, eventually somebody is going to wear it, why not let a promising young rookie take over the reins?

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Ummmm because it was Zach Thomas's #.

At least 20 years should pass before anyone wears that number again.

I am not a huge proponent of retiring #'s except for the generational talents like Dan Marino. I am even on the fence about Jason Taylor, who happens to be my second favorite player of all time. I certainly don't want anyone wearing 99, but in 15 years I might feel differently. 13 should never be worn again.
Get out of here with that, no way would Zach want it that way.

Let the Chef ask Zach Attack for his blessing to wear 54 first.

If it's a no go 52 is a damn good consolation.

Was going to make this very thread myself but someone beat me to it so no sweat.

Why not? It's just a number, eventually somebody is going to wear it, why not let a promising young rookie take over the reins?

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Get out of here with that, no way would Zach want it that way.

This guy makes a pretty good case...

http://www.thephinsider.com/2016/5/11/11656820/are-the-dolphins-creating-a-backlog-of-jersey-numbers-to-retire

The first possible number is Zach Thomas' number 54. Do you remember the fan explosion in 2010 when the team briefly gave that number to A.J. Edds? There were no available numbers in the 50s other than 54 for Edds, and the team was stuck with the NFL rules saying a linebacker has to wear a number in the 50s. The league gave the Dolphins the permission to move Edds to number 49, his college number, even though the number 54 is not retired and they did not have to grant the permission. In 2015, the league added number 40-49 into the linebacker eligible numbers pool.

Thomas is a borderline Hall of Famer in most analysts eyes - though Dolphins fans will probably tell you he needs to get into Canton. He was a seven-time Pro Bowl selection, a five time First-Team All-Pro selection, two time Second-Team All-Pro, was the NFL Alumni Linebacker of the Year twice, the AFC Defensive Rookie of the Year, and he has more tackles than any linebacker in the Hall of Fame (1,720 - 94 of which came with the Dallas Cowboys in 2008). Thomas was the too-small linebacker who became a dominant factor in the Miami defense for 12 years.

Thomas may or may not be snubbed from make the Hall of Fame, but the team has unofficially retired the number, not assigning it to anyone since Thomas (other than the brief announcement of Edds' number and quick change). It is probably time to officially retire it.

Back
Top Bottom