Jesse Davis Better Suited To RT? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jesse Davis Better Suited To RT?

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The guy is a behemoth. I thought he played OK as a guard, but I believe he'll be much better at RT. Juwan James' play has been up and down this year. I think we need to get some aggression out of our tackles. It seems James is a pretty good pass blocker but he's definately not a mauler and while Davis is not necessarily a mauler either, he seems to take well to run blocking which has a lot more to do with effort than pass blocking - which I would argue requires a good deal of technique as well. The big mystery for me is Tunsil, who as a guard last year was mauling people. As a left tackle, he's doing too much thinking and it's pulling his aggression away.

I say we move Bushrod there (he's played there in the NFL) and Larsen to OG.

What happened to Eric Smith. All I heard in camp was how good he was doing at RT and he didn't even make the team. I can't find out who he is playing for...NFL.com lists him as a Dolphin but he is not on our PS. I do see Sean Hickey at OT on the PS.

The guy is a behemoth. I thought he played OK as a guard, but I believe he'll be much better at RT. Juwan James' play has been up and down this year. I think we need to get some aggression out of our tackles. It seems James is a pretty good pass blocker but he's definately not a mauler and while Davis is not necessarily a mauler either, he seems to take well to run blocking which has a lot more to do with effort than pass blocking - which I would argue requires a good deal of technique as well. The big mystery for me is Tunsil, who as a guard last year was mauling people. As a left tackle, he's doing too much thinking and it's pulling his aggression away.

I like the idea of Jesse Davis at RT, really want to see how he looks there.

I'm pretty sure the O-line will continue to be a mess for the rest of this season. The way Gase sounds, I'm not sure that Larsen really is ready to just step in there and be a force. Mind you that he's never really being a starter to begging with. Now we have James out for maybe the whole season so Davis will probably go to RT after playing his worst game this past Sunday. Pouncey and Bushrod have been bad all year regardless of what Gase says and Tunsil has been up and down, more down than up. I don't see anything getting better there unless Brendel starts at Center instead of MP but we have holes all over that line

Ozzy rules!!

All I know is that our OL sucks. So give this OL coach a chance with what we have this year, then if it doesn't work, try to recruit a new OL coach worth a dang and let him build the OL how he wants to build it.

If Pouncey isn't exceptional, jettison him. Too expensive to be decent with spotty availability. If James isn't exceptional, let him walk. No point throwing money after proven mediocrity. Let Bushrod retire. He is past it.

The remaining OL players compete for bench spots. If Davis can play RT and cover G, keep him as a utility guy to compete with Sam Young. If Asiata can play, put him in and find out.

Keep Tunsil, work on his motivation, technique and fitness, Put Brendel in pencil as our starting center, draft at least one good OL, bring in one veteran FA, and field a line of technicians, hard workers and guys who do not get injured too often. Only then can we really start building chemistry and maintain a reasonably priced OL with reasonable performance.

Get new scouts for the OL. Ours are proven to stink accross the board. They are spotty in the first round and failures outside of the 1st round. Get it right or replace them

2017...Isaac Asiata
2016...Laremy Tunsil
2015...Jamil Douglas
2014...Ja'Wuan James
2014...Billy Turner
2013...Dallas Thomas
2012...Jonathan Martin
2011...Mike Pouncey
add Bushrod,Steen,Larsen,Davis,Smith,Young,
Brendel,Sterup,Albert,Urbik,Fox,Brenner,John,
Linkenbach,McClendon,Colledge,Satele,Garner,
McKinnie,Jerry,Clabo,Incognito,Watkins,Long,
Colombo,Carey,Cook,

So many offensive lineman so little talent
Maybe we should take a long hard look at
our GM and scouting department

What happened to Eric Smith. All I heard in camp was how good he was doing at RT and he didn't even make the team. I can't find out who he is playing for...NFL.com lists him as a Dolphin but he is not on our PS. I do see Sean Hickey at OT on the PS.

I️ think he is on IR

Back
Top Bottom