Jets at Dolphins 1984 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets at Dolphins 1984

nyjunc

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
A thrilling ending(great for you guys bad for us) at the Orange Bowl as the Dolphins won 21-17.

-Who caught the TD for the Jets to put the Jets up 17-14 w/ under 2 mins left?

-Who caught the long TD from Marino for Miami to give you guys the 21-17 win?

I am gonna leave this for other to answer (I think), but I am always haunted by 1 Jet that would always be my answer to "Who caught the TD for the Jets to put the Jets up 17-14 w/ under 2 mins left?" no matter what Marino era /80's game we are talking: his initials are WW :fire: ;)

dolphan39 said:
I am gonna leave this for other to answer (I think), but I am always haunted by 1 Jet that would always be my answer to "Who caught the TD for the Jets to put the Jets up 17-14 w/ under 2 mins left?" no matter what Marino era /80's game we are talking: his initials are WW :fire: ;)

Wesley had his share of good memories against miami but that's not it, it's a more obscure player.

I went to that game as a young teen. We had to leave the game before the end of the game, missing all the magic. A friend of the family took me to the game and was worried I was going to get hurt. It seemed like the largest bar room brawl. This is before they started cutting of beer sales at half time. It was ugly and getting uglier so we bolted for the exits. Listen to the end of the game on WIOD.

I wish they'd ban beer completely.

Does anyone have an answer for this question?

You got the Dolphin player correct and you got the position of the Jet but not the player.

dolphan39 said:
Johnny Mitchell ?

No. Mitchell was a rook in '92, this game was in '85.

I'll give a hint- the player's first name is the same as the title of a popular movie(which had 4 sequels).

figured out the first name fom your hint and last name via google, but did not recall that guy...so I will see if anyone else has a better memory...

Well it isn't Jason or Freddy - too many sequels!

Maybe Star or Jaws?

Jaws. :confused: Ron Jaworski never played TE or for the Jets, did he. :D
I don't have a clue.

:lol:

No, this movie was a boxing movie. That's the last hint I can give then I have to give the answer.

Rocky Balboa meets June Cleaver (Klever)

offspring is

Rocky Klever

Correct! I remember that game as a kid, I thought we had it when Rocky caught the TD then Duper is about 5 yards past the Jet defender and strolls into the EZ seconds later :(

Back
Top Bottom