Jets-Chargers | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets-Chargers

They lost to the 2-7 Cheatriots and we didn’t. They easily could have and probably should have lost to the Giants, who the Dolphins beat easily.

That pointed out, I agree that they aren’t a poor coached team. I believe Salah and staff are good coaches. I just don’t believe their team is all that good even if Rodgers was playing. That was my stance prior to the injury and it is still my stance.

In fact, I was a tad irritated when Rodgers got hurt because it became an immediate excuse for something I felt was going to happen anyway. That team underperforming expectations.

Even for the few plays Rodgers was in, they didn’t look good. He was pressured and looked erratic. Their o-line troubles weren’t going anywhere. The defense is good, but not as good as some purport.

Regardless, I give them credit for managing a 4-4 record when they easily could be 2-6 or even 1-7. Credit for that largely goes to their coaching staff, IMO.
and their defense

Have you watched Zack play QB for them. There’s no way you’re suggesting Rogers wouldn’t be a substantial upgrade over that?

He clearly is and with the way their defense have played I have no doubt they’d be one of the AFC record leaders right now.
with how the o line is playing. Rogers would most likely get hurt before the first quarter ended should he make a miraculous come back this season to play. So Rogers would make them dangerous but it would be short lived unless rogers went back in time and jets o line greatly improved

Have you watched Zack play QB for them. There’s no way you’re suggesting Rogers wouldn’t be a substantial upgrade over that?

He clearly is and with the way their defense have played I have no doubt they’d be one of the AFC record leaders right now.

Yes, Rodgers at 40 is better than Wilson. But I still don’t think it’s good enough. Better, but still not good enough.

Did you watch Rodgers play last season in GB? He wasn’t that good.

With Rodgers I predicted a 2-4 start. They managed to win the Bills and Iggles games which allowed them to exceed that record at 3-3. Great for them.

But having Rodgers wouldn’t have guaranteed they still would have went 3-3 or better. For all we know the Iggles took them a bit lightly knowing Wilson was the QB. And losing Rodgers on opening weekend also changed the dynamic of the Bills game. Altering circumstances of any game changes everything. It changes the players focus, play calling, everything.

They got lucky to win the Bills game in OT and also the Philly game. IDK that still happens under drastically different circumstances. I do think they end up beating the Cheatriots, though. And maybe even the Chargers game, too.

So, my contention is the Jests record with Rodgers playing every game would still be the same. 4-4. Just with a different combo of wins and losses. Which wouldn’t put them in the “AFC record leaders right now”.

I don’t see how you even justify that opinion.

and their defense

To-may-to, To-mah-to.

Robert Saleh is a good defensive coach and his fingerprints are all over that defense. I credit him and his coaching style more than the overall talent of the defense.

That’s more than a fair opinion, considering many pundits have been crediting Mike McDaniel and his “system” more than Tua and the Dolphins offensive talent.

I’ve been saying all along that the Jests defense is good. But they aren’t all-world good like many on this board like to profess.

While the Dolphins defense hadn’t played very well until, really, this past weekend — I believe they have the potential to be better than the Jests defense as the season progresses.

There are several other defenses I believe are better than the Jests too. Namely Cleveland, SF, KC, and Philly when they healthy and playing right.

But Saleh coaches them up really well nonetheless.

To-may-to, To-mah-to.

Robert Saleh is a good defensive coach and his fingerprints are all over that defense. I credit him and his coaching style more than the overall talent of the defense.

That’s more than a fair opinion, considering many pundits have been crediting Mike McDaniel and his “system” more than Tua and the Dolphins offensive talent.

I’ve been saying all along that the Jests defense is good. But they aren’t all-world good like many on this board like to profess.

While the Dolphins defense hadn’t played very well until, really, this past weekend — I believe they have the potential to be better than the Jests defense as the season progresses.

There are several other defenses I believe are better than the Jests too. Namely Cleveland, SF, KC, and Philly when they healthy and playing right.

But Saleh coaches them up really well nonetheless.
True but they do have a lot talent for him to coach up. It takes both for a good defense, talent and coaching.

Ain't to 2 worried about Rodgers especially next year we should be at top speed

Back
Top Bottom