Jets fire sale | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets fire sale

Ben Had

You're awesome!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The Jets are around 19M over the cap...looks like they will have a fire sale:hclap:

Here are some of the ones they'll probably have to let go in order to field a team:chuckle:

Jason Smith
Bart Scott
Calvin Pace
Eric Smith
Brandon Moore
Landry
Tebow
Keller
either Revis or Cromartie

I'm sure there are more than I'm missing...I'm sure nyjunk can clear that up!

You think any worth looking at?

first off, takes revis off that list, thats there franchise player and he will be there his hole career.

The only player worth taking a long at is dustin keller, solid tight end, good speed good hands, kick the tires.

first off, takes revis off that list, thats there franchise player and he will be there his hole career.

The only player worth taking a long at is dustin keller, solid tight end, good speed good hands, kick the tires.

I'm not so sure about Revis being there his while career. But he isn't going anywhere anytime soon that is for sure.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

With their cap issues I dont think they will be able to keep both corners.

The only one that interests me from that list is Tebow.

NOOOOOOOOOT

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The Jets are around 19M over the cap...looks like they will have a fire sale:hclap:

Here are some of the ones they'll probably have to let go in order to field a team:chuckle:

Jason Smith
Bart Scott
Calvin Pace
Eric Smith
Brandon Moore
Landry
Tebow
Keller
either Revis or Cromartie

I'm sure there are more than I'm missing...I'm sure nyjunk can clear that up!

You think any worth looking at?
Landry and Keller are free agents. Revis and Cromartie are going nowhere. The Jets will cut Smith, Scott, Pace and Tebow to get under. When its all said and done, the talent level will be less and depth will be minimal.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

Jets are $19.4M over 2013 salary cap, per ESPN. However, #NYJ will be ~ $8.3M under when they cut Jason Smith, Bart Scott & Calvin Pace

All those guys will be gone other then Revis and Cromartie. The only one I will miss is Landry but no way Jets can give him a big contract. The salary cap situation is bad but it isn't as bad as everyone makes it seem.

I'd like to see them trade one of Revis or Cro but with Rex running things that is unlikely at best. It makes sense to trade Cro coming off his best season and he would save a significant amount against cap if traded an resign Revis long term coming off his injury. Rex likes CBs too much to make that reality though.

All those guys will be gone other then Revis and Cromartie. The only one I will miss is Landry but no way Jets can give him a big contract. The salary cap situation is bad but it isn't as bad as everyone makes it seem.

I'd like to see them trade one of Revis or Cro but with Rex running things that is unlikely at best. It makes sense to trade Cro coming off his best season and he would save a significant amount against cap if traded an resign Revis long term coming off his injury. Rex likes CBs too much to make that reality though.

Whoa! Where did the rational, level headed Jets fan come from? Or is this just another uneducated, average fan?

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

You know you have 70 mil tied up in just 7 players? Nacho ($13M), Harris ($13M), Tone ($12.5M), Cro ($10.75), Ferguson ($10.75M), Mangold ($9.1M), Revis ($9M)

Good luck...looks like you guys are going to need a bunch of CFL players fill out your roster.

You know you have 70 mil tied up in just 7 players? Nacho ($13M), Harris ($13M), Tone ($12.5M), Cro ($10.75), Ferguson ($10.75M), Mangold ($9.1M), Revis ($9M)

Good luck...looks like you guys are going to need a bunch of CFL players fill out your roster.

a few moves and we are well under and we'll restructure other deals. We are far from cap hell.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

Jets are $19.4M over 2013 salary cap, per ESPN. However, #NYJ will be ~ $8.3M under when they cut Jason Smith, Bart Scott & Calvin Pace

The Jests are a giant dumpster fire.

So basically youre telling us that the Jests must cut a few of the very few decent or better players they currently have in order to get under the cap, leaving them without enough money to resign their best FA's and only enough to sign their draftees and a few bottom tier bums to fill out their roster.

To put it plainly, their roster will be even less talented than it already is. :lol:

The Jests are a giant dumpster fire.

So basically youre telling us that the Jests must cut a few of the very few decent or better players they currently have in order to get under the cap, leaving them without enough money to resign their best FA's and only enough to sign their draftees and a few bottom tier bums to fill out their roster.

To put it plainly, their roster will be even less talented than it already is. :lol:

players that were expected to posibly get cut last year, not players that are in our long term plans. There's nothing Earth shaterring about Calvin Pace, Bart Scott and Jason Smith. Calvin & bart can still play but their best days are behind them. Jason Smith was a backup OL.

Our roster has plenty of talent, unfortunately we had a ton of key injuries on O. If we lose Keller that will hurt, that's really the only potential loss that will hurt b/c we can't afford to lose O players. Assuming Keller and Edwards are back we'd have a decent group of weapons for the QB to throw to w/o even making a move int he draft or FA(which we will) and that was our biggest issue in 2012.

players that were expected to posibly get cut last year, not players that are in our long term plans. There's nothing Earth shaterring about Calvin Pace, Bart Scott and Jason Smith. Calvin & bart can still play but their best days are behind them. Jason Smith was a backup OL.

Our roster has plenty of talent, unfortunately we had a ton of key injuries on O. If we lose Keller that will hurt, that's really the only potential loss that will hurt b/c we can't afford to lose O players. Assuming Keller and Edwards are back we'd have a decent group of weapons for the QB to throw to w/o even making a move int he draft or FA(which we will) and that was our biggest issue in 2012.

It's definatly a dumpster fire....You have to unload a ton of players and will only have 15 or so mil to fill out the roster, having 16 free agents and have to sign draft picks...You'll be down to only 10 starters... It's the worst cap situation in the NFL.

It's definatly a dumpster fire....You have to unload a ton of players and will only have 15 or so mil to fill out the roster, having 16 free agents and have to sign draft picks...You'll be down to only 10 starters... It's the worst cap situation in the NFL.

But, the bean counter was such a cap genius, mentored by Bill Parcells of course. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom