Jets Fire Sale | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Fire Sale

BJJKID

Rookie
Reaction score
The Jets are quite a bit over the salary cap. There are thoughts that Bart Scott and Calvin Pace, among others, could be cut to get the Jets under the cap. Anyone think either one of those guys is a pick up for us? We tried to get Pace back when Parcells was running things.

It's not a fire sale, these are guys that were rumored to be let go at various points over the last couple of years. They are older, expensive players. W/ that said at the right price they could be good pickups for any team.

Just another example of any player being cut being considered.

These guys are older and more fit for the 34

F these guys

Yeah, it's hardly a fire sale. Calvin Pace is terrible and Bart Scott is over the hill and past his prime.

The Jets are not in as bad of shape as people think. Cut Pace, Scott, and Jason Smith (RT) and you free up a total of 27 million right there. And it's not like any of those are hard cuts, every one of those guys is terrible. Jason Smith is quality "depth" at very best.

Yeah, it's hardly a fire sale. Calvin Pace is terrible and Bart Scott is over the hill and past his prime.

The Jets are not in as bad of shape as people think. Cut Pace, Scott, and Jason Smith (RT) and you free up a total of 27 million right there. And it's not like any of those are hard cuts, every one of those guys is terrible. Jason Smith is quality "depth" at very best.
They free up 27 million which puts them just 7 million under the cap to sign 27 players. Yes, they're in bad shape.

They're willing to part with Revis as well, but he'd be too expensive in money and in compensation to get him. I must confess, I did not pay all that much attention to the NFL this season, or I would have known that Pace and Scott are both 32 going on 33 and not nearly productive enough to justify an elite salary. I had to run a check on their stats this morning to see that. Ah well, nice to see the Jets falling apart. Like Jimi Hendrix said, Castles made of sand, fall in the sea, eventually.

They will end up in Buffalo with Pettine.

It's not a fire sale, these are guys that were rumored to be let go at various points over the last couple of years. They are older, expensive players. W/ that said at the right price they could be good pickups for any team.

Here is to hoping that Fireman Ed is part of the Fire Sale

Back
Top Bottom