Jets game notes, Sporano's bad game mgmt + Texans are best in NFL at tipping balls | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets game notes, Sporano's bad game mgmt + Texans are best in NFL at tipping balls

awful job last night w/ the wildcat, burning 2 TOs in the 2nd half is unacceptable.

Well what I learned is Tom Brady is going to rip that Houston secondary to shreds when they play. The Jets had street free agent WR's and DB's playing WR getting open all night long imagine what NE will do. They will get Watt blocked up and easily beat the great Houston Texans.

Choice quotes about Tony from Jets Insider:

That was the worst called offensive game I've ever seen. Hackett, Schotty, Heimerdinger......nope. Tonight. That was the WORST I have ever seen.

I am TIRED of seeing ridiculous substitutions stalling our drive every time we have the slightest bit of momentum. We would have 3 timeouts right now and who knows, if we didn't keep taking the ball out of sanchez' hands we'd likely have more points on the board. Its just ridiculous..

Sporano appears to be a huge downgrade from schottemheimer. That hiring was terrible.

Overall not a bad game called by Sparano but man, he saved his worst for last. He completely stalled the offensive momentum after Greene's best run of the night. And we really could have used those timeouts. That's all on Sparano.

I'm really surprised how unorganized Sparano was tonight. The guy was a HC in this league before, he should know better.

Sparano sucks and Sanchez lost me for good today.

Well wouldn't it have been great to have those 2 timeouts when the Texans got the ball back under 2 minutes?

This game was lost when Ryan/Sparano decided to keep playing Tim Tebow Footsie. Putting him in, taking him out, keeping him in with Sanchez, taking Sanchez out.

After every big play Mark made, and he made a bunch, Sparano took him out of rhythm and off the field most times for a diceroll on Tebow who usually got no gain.

Dumb timeouts, stupid playcalling, and of course the failure to recognize in August that this offense was going nowhere all leads to where Mark Sanchez is today.

Sparano is Shoddy without the family pedigree (probably with less football intellect, if that can even be comprehended). Why take Tebow out on third down at the three to put in Mr. Pick Six/Ball batted Down Boy? Most of us didn't want Tebow on the team, but isn't that spot why you brought the guy here? Mind numbing stupidity by Sparano. Good; f**k you you're out the door with Rex and the rest of these dopes anyway.

At time the Jets offense resembled a three ring circus. Even the defense got into the act with 12 men on the field penalty.

It seemed like rex was baby sitting tony the whole game. Then it seemed like tony and rex were consulting with westhoff on offense at times. The coaching staff is very unorganized on the sidelines. I heard westhoff is retiring after this season, thank god, he is their best coach.

yeah, I posted one from their game thread earlier to the effect that leave it to "Tanny" to replace the 2nd worst OC in the league with the worst. I prefer JI because of the 3 major puke green boards their members, at least a larger percentage of 'em, seem to be the most objective (with TGG being the least... but even a lot of them at this point can no longer ignore reality and finally want to get rid of Sanchez, Tannenbaum and maybe even Rex).

and to their credit, everytime Sanchez did make a play (and he did make some nice plays) Tony would call something stupid.

Hell one that gave me flashbacks (and it wasn't after a Sanchez big play) was at the beginning of the game; 2 and 7ish, bring Tebow in and it's an incomplete (but a good throw from Tebow), bring Sanchez in to deal with a mess on 3rd and long

to be fair Tony doesn't have a lot of talent to work with right now. I was livid at brining those Tos and he gets the blame for that but our O struggles are not b/c of the OC.

Well what I learned is Tom Brady is going to rip that Houston secondary to shreds when they play. The Jets had street free agent WR's and DB's playing WR getting open all night long imagine what NE will do. They will get Watt blocked up and easily beat the great Houston Texans.

Agreed, i think NE is better than the Texans right now. Injuries could change these teams before they play in December.

Good to see the Jets winning streak over the Texans end.

Games involving NY Jets and Houston:

2003 season: Week 7 Sun Oct 19 2003 at Hou NY Jets 19, Houston 14
2004 season: Week 13 Sun Dec 5 2004 at NYJ NY Jets 29, Houston 7
2006 season: Week 12 Sun Nov 26 2006 at NYJ NY Jets 26, Houston 11
2009 season: Week 1 Sun Sep 13 2009 at Hou NY Jets 24, Houston 7
2010 season: Week 11 Sun Nov 21 2010 at NYJ NY Jets 30, Houston 27
2012 season: Week 5 Mon Oct 8 2012 at NYJ Houston 23, NY Jets 17

Primary team NY Jets: 5-1
Points for NY Jets: 145
Points against NY Jets: 89

It seems we give up a game every year with us losing to them and the jets beating them. Good to see the streak end.
maybe that is an omen that our losing streak to texans will end. In the playoffs this year would be nice.

Not seeing a lot of talk about how bad the Texans played this game. Schaub was terrible when it came to making plays on a Jets secondary, that doesn't have Revis. And I was about to bust a remote if I saw Jonathan Joseph get burned by some crap WR like Schillians one more time. That dude is supposed to be top tier, he got schooled by Kerley(sp) and Schillans etc.. all night long lol. He even got beat by Cromartie that would have gone for a TD if the Taco had thrown a better ball.

Houston played like **** tonight at certain positions. Only to be made up by the great play of the D Line/O Line and Foster. They probably would've lost with Revis/Holmes playing... Although I don't think the Jests would've attempted every trick in the book to win if they weren't so injury burdened, which is the only reason they were doing anything in this game.

Dear Jets fans, we hate to say we told you so....
Actually in your case I think we loving saying we told you so.

to be fair Tony doesn't have a lot of talent to work with right now. I was livid at brining those Tos and he gets the blame for that but our O struggles are not b/c of the OC.
He is a part of the struggles on O. A QB that doesnt make his team mates better, garbage WRs, bad OL, no RB. The entire offense is bad to include the coaching.

The Meatball didn't put SadSack in a position to at least avoid Watt on rollouts. It's not like he didn't have a library batted ball film to prepare and scheme from, I'd say going back to our Houston game, but actually all last season since Houston led the league in deflections for '11.

But then again what do you expect? Tony leading Sanchez is a classic case of "the blind leading the bind"

Back
Top Bottom