Jets make bid for Law | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets make bid for Law

he better take that ish and run

(if his ankle will allow him)

Good let the Jets pick him up

Boston will just have to burn him every down...;)

*******es, unless it is completely back-end loaded, and they intend to USE him for a year.

Law is a good pick-up but not at that price

nick1 said:
Law is a good pick-up but not at that price

exactly.

you could tell last year before the injury that he had lost a step and with the new clutch and grab rules he was much worse. Also alot of his success was due to the patriots system and the fact that the NFL let their secondary get away with murder. I cant wait to see how well he does in New York. They'll probably have to move him to saftey at some point.

Damn! hahaha now the Jets are becomeing the laughing stock of the AFC East. Overpaying for players past their prime and adding them to an already aging team in a last minute effort to try and take it all the way... gee... why does that sound so fimiliar :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Nasty

BTW, kids, that was reported by the agent.

As for Law, he is a risk. I worry about any player who just plays for the $$ and nothing else.

Sure he is a shut down corner, or was, but what will he be like coming back from a serious injury?

I think the Broncos learned the lesson of free agency, you can't always buy a better player.

BZ

Nasty said:
Damn! hahaha now the Jets are becomeing the laughing stock of the AFC East. Overpaying for players past their prime and adding them to an already aging team in a last minute effort to try and take it all the way... gee... why does that sound so fimiliar :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Nasty

You guys bring in washed up players like carter, holiday & Schulters and we may sign Law and we are becoming laughingstocks? :lol: Our D is young alla round and adding one vet who may or may nopt be still a big time player would not hurt us. We didn't overpay Ferg, lamont, Mckenzie, Thomas, Coles and others so we could sign our core guys so if they think he is healthy enough to warrant a big deal I trust their judgement. We don't just throw money around for fun like Washington has.

If the Jets sign Law it will make no difference.
When they play the fins they'll have scrub number #1 and scrub #2 trying to keep up with Booker and Boston.
The only bad part about that signing is that Chambers will be shut down. But if it costs the Jets 6 mill to shut down Chambers, then that's fine with me.:lol:

Outrider01 said:
If the Jets sign Law it will make no difference.
When they play the fins they'll have scrub number #1 and scrub #2 trying to keep up with Booker and Boston.
The only bad part about that signing is that Chambers will be shut down. But if it costs the Jets 6 mill to shut down Chambers, then that's fine with me.:lol:

You don't have to shut down a WR that has no QB to throw to him. :)

AJ has a lot to prove before any "shut down" talk starts. That is like saying we need to shut down Ron Brown.

BZ

Ty Law is a must on the Jets defense...Obviously you can point at 1 area on the entire team and notice the CB tandem is weak. I like David Barrett, but he's more of a zone CB who can play man, but not a LAB(#1 CB)...Justin Miller has extremely high potential, and will most likely start in 2006.

But if the Jets are serious for making a Super Bowl run in 2005 which I think they are, then you have to throw out the MO of not being a franchise to pay high free agents and make a splash here and sign the Shutdown type CB they have been seeking since the departure of Aaron Glenn...

Law is needed, and any opposing fan should notice that, just look at the Jets projected LCB...5'8 Ray Mickens. That is not going to cut it.

Back
Top Bottom