Jets Patriots game thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Patriots game thread

It took Bill Belichick exactly one quarter to figure out Geno Smith. He is awful with any kind of pressure on him.

The fact that the Patriots are going to go to the playoffs is a testament to the fact that Tom Brady is without question one of the half dozen best quarterbacks who has ever played the game. That team is ****ing lousy.

This Division is up for grabs!

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

The fact that the Patriots are going to go to the playoffs is a testament to the fact that Tom Brady is without question one of the half dozen best quarterbacks who has ever played the game. That team is ****ing lousy.

When did they make the Playoffs?

When did they make the Playoffs?
They will get the two aforementioned receiving targets back and win enough football games to take, if not the division, a wild card. It's like when Miami went to the playoffs carried by Marino with no running game and a cruddy defense.

I like our practice squad receivers better than what the pats are fielding atm. Watch them start poaching.....

Barring a sudden infuse of talent, I have my doubts about them making the playoffs. Obviously if the Dolphins start losing key players to injury that could change but the Pats as you knew them are gone.

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

Hard to believe that Geno Smith is outplaying Brady.

And with that said Smith throws a pick.

They'll have Amendola and Gronkowski back, I wouldn't bury them just yet if those two can stay on the field. Losing Vereen hurts them, though...Washington is the only back who can catch, and he looks washed up.

[/COLOR]Hard to believe that Geno Smith is outplaying Brady.
A lot of these incomplete passes are Brady's guys simply not running the route the way they are supposed to. Dobson in particular is clueless out there.

A lot of these incomplete passes are Brady's guys simply not running the route the way they are supposed to. Dobson in particular is clueless out there.

That's what you expect from rookies, though. They aren't going to be able to do everything the way Brady expects. It isn't that they have a specific route being run wrong, it's that they aren't reading and adjusting to the coverage like Brady does.

Thompkins and Dobson will get more in sync with time, but if those two remain the #2 and #3 options for an extended period the Patriots are in real trouble.

It should also be pointed out that Hill and Gates are at least as bad with their route running and hands, yet Geno is staying calm and trying to make it work.

I can't blame Brady if he is pissed at the organization. He takes a cut in pay and watches them allow Welker to walk to the Broncos and brings in a guy that isn't great in Amendola. Granted Amendola is talented and will help him but not to the extent Welker did nor is he great simply because he can't stay on the field.

I can't blame Brady if he is pissed at the organization. He takes a cut in pay and watches them allow Welker to walk to the Broncos and brings in a guy that isn't great in Amendola. Granted Amendola is talented and will help him but not to the extent Welker did nor is he great simply because he can't stay on the field.

Yeah, agreed. Welker > Amendola even without the injuries, Wes just does more after the catch even if he drops a few more. Amendola will give himself up for the catch and runs tough routes, thus the injuries. He's likely to get hurt again if they keep using him the way they did in Week One.

Back
Top Bottom