Jets player: Brett Favre's departure leaves quarterback picture too Green for Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets player: Brett Favre's departure leaves quarterback picture too Green for Jets

PATSSUCK

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Basically, the Jets surrendered a third-round pick and released Chad Pennington for one dance with Favre. Now the music is playing and they don't have a partner.

"Why did they get rid of Chad in the first place?" one player asked, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "Eric (Mangini) treated him like a first-year quarterback from Day1. It was a bad decision from top to bottom, from beginning to end. Now we're paying for it. We put ourselves in this situation."

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_w...s_player_were_now_paying_for_letting_chad_go/

I love watching the jets fall apart. I mean it really never gets old.

I saw them debating on 1st and 10 today about who the winner was of the Favre acquisition, Green Bay or New York. It made me smile that neither of those morons could realize that the only real winner of that fiasco was Miami

I also love watching these guys fall apart!!!! I absolutley love it!!! Praise be to the football Gods!!! :thanks:

It was always my understading that getting Favre was a Woody Johnson & Tannenbaum (I believe that the jest GM). Mangini was never convinced.

Yet, Mangenius is the fall guy and the Diva from Mississippi rides off into the sunset relatively unscathed.

I'll believe Favre is retired when the 2009 season kicks off and he is NOT on anyone's roster. The real question about Brett's retirement is, "Who will Madden's mancrush be on now?" Oh yeah; Tommy Boy is coming back to Foxboro.

Whats the name of the jests board again... I could use a laugh right now...

It was always my understading that getting Favre was a Woody Johnson & Tannenbaum (I believe that the jest GM). Mangini was never convinced.

Yet, Mangenius is the fall guy and the Diva from Mississippi rides off into the sunset relatively unscathed.

I'll believe Favre is retired when the 2009 season kicks off and he is NOT on anyone's roster. The real question about Brett's retirement is, "Who will Madden's mancrush be on now?" Oh yeah; Tommy Boy is coming back to Foxboro.

You mean Gimp Brady? The pats don't pay Matt Cassell $14mil a year guaranteed unless they are worried about Gimpy's return.

Be carefull everyone Clemens may emerge as something special. I do agree Manginni is not the Jets problem it was thier GM. Tannebaum should be canned.

The Jets gotta be hoping Sanchez falls to them. If they had any faith in Clemens they wouldn't of traded for Favre. Furthermore Pennington was hurt in 05, and ineffective in 06 & 07.

The Jets went for it and it blew up in their face. Favre got worse as the season progressed. Even a guy like Jeff Garcia wouldn't be a bad pickup to atleast compete for the starting job.

Be carefull everyone Clemens may emerge as something special. I do agree Manginni is not the Jets problem it was thier GM. Tannebaum should be canned.

Tannenbaum has done a pretty good job. He is good at managing the salary cap and has had good drafts and his Free Agent signings have been very solid. The things he can be killed for are.

1. If Gholston turns into a bust.

2. Brett Favre. Only because it appears that Mangini didnt want him but even so the team was 8-3 with him. The rest is on the players in the locker room.

I mean everybody else he has brought in here has been good. He signed Pace, Faneca, Woody, and T-Rich and traded for Thomas Jones. Thats pretty solid.

His drafts have been strong. D'Brick, Mangold, Revis, Keller, Washington, and Harris have all made pretty big contributions and are all pro bowl caliber players at their respective posistions (Washington as a return man). Thats not bad for 3 drafts. He's drafted other guys like Smith, Stuckey, Wright maybe Clemens and or Lowery who have made contributions to this team as well.

I would blame Tannenbaum if the Jets were not at 8-3 having gone through the toughest part of their schedule. Something happened and thats what cost Mangini his job. I mean forget about what you think of Gholston. Mangini wouldnt even really let him get on the field. Bust or not you need to see what he can do in live game action. You cant call a guy a bust and just be done with him without actually giving him a chance on the field. He started getting on Dustin Keller and had him in the dog house all while he was really starting to become a real threat in the passing game.

Jay Glazer was on the air about a month ago talking about how he would call people into his office and quiz them about pointless stuff and talked about how he took to much responsibility away from his coaches and coordinators. I'm not saying Mangini is a horrible coach but I think he needs to learn from his mistakes or experience with the Jets.

Didnt the Jests have to pray for Favres retirement just to get them under the cap? A team that doesnt make the playoffs is way over the cap and thats good cap management?

Didnt the Jests have to pray for Favres retirement just to get them under the cap? A team that doesnt make the playoffs is way over the cap and thats good cap management?

Tannenbaum insisted that even with Favre staying that the Jets would still have some cap room. Obviously not as much as they do now that he is gone but he did say they would be able to make some moves.

Tannenbaum has been in charge of the Jets salary cap far longer then he has been the GM of this team.

Who is the source who told you the Jets were way over the cap? The Jets are currently $15 million under the cap after Favre's retirement. Meaning we would have been about $2 million under even with him on the roster.

New York Jets' cap figures official
by Dave Hutchinson/The Star-Ledger
Thursday February 19, 2009, 9:59 AM

I've had so many inquiries about my report on where the Jets stand under the cap that I was beginning to doubt my own story.

But I've checked with a league official and he confirmed unequivocally that the Jets are roughly $15 million under the league's projected 2009 salary cap of $124 million. The league year starts on Feb. 27th, the same day as the opening bell for free agency.
Link: nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/02/jets_cap_figures_official.html (can't post links, copy & paste)

Anyone who thinks Tannenbaum doesn't know what he's doing cap-wise is pretty misguided. He's one of the best cap guys in the league and a very good GM.

And as an aside, I honestly believe the Favre move was all Woody. I don't think Mangini OR Tannenbaum really wanted him like that. Tannenbaum is very mindful of the cap and I find it hard to believe he was in favor adding Favre's huge salary at the last moment just to try and replace Chad. I have no way of proving this one way or the other, but it doesn't really feel like a move he would typically make.

You do realize that the cap is going up this year right? And how over do you assume that the Jets are over the cap? Tard.

Back
Top Bottom