Jets | Rumor alert: NFL Draft trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets | Rumor alert: NFL Draft trade

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Jets | Rumor alert: NFL Draft trade
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:46:30 -0700
Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports one rumor making the rounds has the New York Jets (No. 4) swapping their first-round pick with the Oakland Raiders (No. 7), who want a quarterback. The Jets then select Oregon DT Haloti Ngata with the seventh pick. The Jets don't have a pure nose tackle for their new 3-4 scheme.

Raiders | Rumor alert: NFL Draft trade
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:51:03 -0700
Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports one rumor making the rounds has the New York Jets (No. 4) swapping their first-round pick with the Oakland Raiders (No. 7), who want a quarterback.

Young a Raider and Ngata a Jet, better than Young being a Jet

I heard this over the weekend. Doesn't really matter which one is a Jet IMO, I think they're both overrated.

That trade doesn't make sense for the Raiders. If Young gets past the Titans, nobody is going to take him before the #7 spot.

kpcane said:
That trade doesn't make sense for the Raiders. If Young gets past the Titans, nobody is going to take him before the #7 spot.

I was thinking the same thing, plus I don't see why the Raiders would want a QB in the 1st anyway. They have Andrew Walter and they have major holes elsewhere they could use that 1st on, not to mention the other picks the would have to give up in trade.

Motion said:
I was thinking the same thing, plus I don't see why the Raiders would want a QB in the 1st anyway. They have Andrew Walter and they have major holes elsewhere they could use that 1st on, not to mention the other picks the would have to give up in trade.

You see, that's the thing, they don't know IF Young will get past the Titans. It does't matter to Al Davis what he already has on his roster, if loves a certain athlete, no matter the position, he'll get him.

Motion said:
its the same reason as miami maybe picking young

tucker said:
its the same reason as miami maybe picking young

Not quite, I don't see any QB on the Raider's roster anywhere close to Culpeppper's level.

23Dolphins34 said:
You see, that's the thing, they don't know IF Young will get past the Titans. It does't matter to Al Davis what he already has on his roster, if loves a certain athlete, no matter the position, he'll get him.

Very possible.

Motion said:
Not quite, I don't see any QB on the Raider's roster anywhere close to Culpeppper's level.
thats why they would take young

miami doesnt need a qb and they said they would take young

if this trade happens i think it helps Miami if one of the QB's drops to us at 16, OR if Winston Justice is still on the board, because i think the Jets would want one of them and we could tempt them to trade up and we might be able to pick up a second or third rounder in the process, especially considering they'll have extra picks in those rounds from the oakland trade.

This doesn't make any sense to me from the Raiders standpoint. If the Titans want Young, this doesn't help the Raiders. If they pass on Young, it still doesn't help the Raiders because they jump over San Fran and Green Bay, who both went QB in the 1st round last year. They gain nothing by doing this. Of course, they also jump the Jets but I don't think they are considering Young. Or, if they did want him, they would not consider this trade in the first place.

The Jets simply want to select Haloti Ngata which makes great sense but not at the pick they're thinking about doing it at. Eventually I think the Jets will trade up not down to the 1st or 2nd overall.

See no one really says this often but the Jets can't take Williams for need because they have Shaun Ellis a large DE and Robertson is not a NT but a LDE in a 3-4 (has the size but plays like a DE not an NT). The Jets would love to get Reggie Bush anyway they can but it'll be expensive. The Titans are so hard to predict right now.

If I had to get to guess, trades will probably not happen like last year and Leinart will be a Titan, Cutler will end up a Viking somewhere around 10 and Young a Raider.

Back
Top Bottom