Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown

2 of the last 3 years we advanced further than that Pats team including stomping them in NE in the div rd. The Pats are still an elite team, we were not last year but including the last 3 years we are considered elite.

:lol:

How many division titles did the Jests win under Jabba the Jest? How many Super Bowls have they played in?

9-7, 11-5, and 8-8 is NOT elite when a team fails to do either. When you constantly brag that your team lost the conference championship two years in a row, that simply indicates how low your standards are. What's got you all hot and bothered about Jabba is that the Jests made the playoffs two years in a row, something they hadn't done in a dozen or more years, so you strut around thinking your team is somethig special.

Nobody except Jests fans and some of the NYC media think the Jests are "elite". The only "elite" team in the AFCE is NE:
  • 9 times in the playoffs in the last 11 years
  • 8 times AFCE division champions
  • 5 Super Bowl appearances
  • 3 Super Bowl wins

2 of the last 3 years we advanced further than that Pats team including stomping them in NE in the div rd. The Pats are still an elite team, we were not last year but including the last 3 years we are considered elite.

Elite teams don't need help to get into the playoffs and lose their last game to a team out of playoffs since October (referring to 2011 not the Colts BS that's old now) You didnt see NE in that situation, why? Because they have stability something elite teams have. Not locker room melt downs and guys sitting out pouting because his QB sucks.

Elite teams don't need help to get into the playoffs and lose their last game to a team out of playoffs since October (referring to 2011 not the Colts BS that's old now) You didnt see NE in that situation, why? Because they have stability something elite teams have. Not locker room melt downs and guys sitting out pouting because his QB sucks.

I'll admit I am jealous of the Jets success the past few years. But elite does mean you don't need help getting into the playoffs. Elite means to demolish everyone in your path and place in one of the top two seeds. The Jets were better than most teams at the right time. And that is great. But to crown them "elite" is stretching the truth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

If part of being "elite" includes being a 7-7 team, beating teams with just barely over a .300 cumulative winning percent, recently dropping 6 of 7, losing to a dead out of the playoffs team at home in the one game you needed to win and then stepping in sh1t having 2 teams take knees, then facing the worst playoff team in 10 years (by the time they made it there being 3-4 out of their last 7) and subsequently having a normally clutch kicker help his team beat themselves while your own QB has a 60QBR, 100yds and went 12-23, and then finally being jarred back to reality by starters who actually are trying to win...then I guess that would qualify. :idk: However, like the saying more or less goes: sometimes it's better to be lucky than good"

Maybe in some forums acceptable semantics equate "lucky" with "elite' but I'd speculate, those non-objective forums are few and far between.

"Elite" teams fail to make the Super Bowl? Who knew?

So Eli Manning isn't an elite QB b/c he's only won the Super Bowl twice in four years yet the Jets are elite they've gotten to the AFC Title Game twice in three years?

I know in your world that makes sense but...

If part of being "elite" includes being a 7-7 team, beating teams with just barely over a .300 cumulative winning percent, recently dropping 6 of 7, losing to a dead out of the playoffs team at home in the one game you needed to win and then stepping in sh1t having 2 teams take knees, then facing the worst playoff team in 10 years (by the time they made it there being 3-4 out of their last 7) and subsequently having a normally clutch kicker help his team beat themselves while your own QB has a 60QBR, 100yds and went 12-23, and then finally being jarred back to reality by starters who actually are trying to win...then I guess that would qualify. :idk: However, like the saying more or less goes: sometimes it's better to be lucky than good"

Maybe in some forums acceptable semantics equate "lucky" with "elite' but I'd speculate, those non-objective forums are few and far between.

Admit it. You have those stats forever copied and pasted in your browser :lol:

Admit it. You have those stats forever copied and pasted in your browser :lol:

EZ to remember

It can be argued that "Perception Is (convenient form-fitting) Reality."

Well who's to say that's not true, but even less worthy of argument is that: "Facts are Unassailable."

I'll admit I am jealous of the Jets success the past few years. But elite does mean you don't need help getting into the playoffs. Elite means to demolish everyone in your path and place in one of the top two seeds. The Jets were better than most teams at the right time. And that is great. But to crown them "elite" is stretching the truth.

agreed. last year the jets were mediocre at best. the 2 years before the jets were a good team, but definitely not elite. they mad eit to the play-offs and played well besides the championship games. elite teams win their divisions and win at least one of those championship games to make it to the superbowl.

:lol:

How many division titles did the Jests win under Jabba the Jest? How many Super Bowls have they played in?

9-7, 11-5, and 8-8 is NOT elite when a team fails to do either. When you constantly brag that your team lost the conference championship two years in a row, that simply indicates how low your standards are. What's got you all hot and bothered about Jabba is that the Jests made the playoffs two years in a row, something they hadn't done in a dozen or more years, so you strut around thinking your team is somethig special.

Nobody except Jests fans and some of the NYC media think the Jests are "elite". The only "elite" team in the AFCE is NE:
  • 9 times in the playoffs in the last 11 years
  • 8 times AFCE division champions
  • 5 Super Bowl appearances
  • 3 Super Bowl wins

The ONLY team in the NFL to reach conf title games 2 opf the last 3 years
NO team has more playoff wins in the last 3 years

That is ELITE

The Jets had a rookie HC and rookie QB, they scratched their way in and once in made the NFL's Final Four then did so again a year later.

so I guess the Giants weren't elite winning a SB? they were 9-7 and made it b/c they played in a weak division then won close games in the title agme and SB.

So Eli Manning isn't an elite QB b/c he's only won the Super Bowl twice in four years yet the Jets are elite they've gotten to the AFC Title Game twice in three years?

I know in your world that makes sense but...

elite QBs don't have playoff wins in only 2 of 8 seasons int he league, they don't miss 2 of the last 3 postseasons and lead their team to a 9-7 record in a weak division. He played like an elite QB in postseason which is when it matters most so I tip my cap but he's not an elite QB.

elite teams are the top teams in the league, if the Jets have the most playoff wins in the last 3 years under rex(share w/ GB, NYG, NO), the most title game apps(by themselves), the most playoff wins in the AFC in the last 3 years- how are they not elite? They weren't elite last year obviously but over the 3 years of rex they have been elite.

You'll tell me NE is elite w/ 2 playoff wins in 3 seasons but the Jets w/ 4(including beating up NE on the road in the '10 div rd) are not? Interesting.

so I guess the Giants weren't elite winning a SB? they were 9-7 and made it b/c they played in a weak division then won close games in the title agme and SB.
No. The Giants are not elite. Their quarterback is elite. And they to got hot at the right time, just like the Jets did. Except they didn't sputter out in the conference championship game like the Jets did.

And you can flaunt your "two years in a row" stat all you want. But which is more impressive? A Vince Lombardi trophy or a piece of paper that says "two consecutive AFC championship appearance"? I would want the trophy if it were me. But then again, if I was having a pissing contest with a division rival I guess a piece of paper isn't too bad either. But you wouldn't hear me bragging about it.

No. The Giants are not elite. Their quarterback is elite. And they to got hot at the right time, just like the Jets did. Except they didn't sputter out in the conference championship game like the Jets did.

And you can flaunt your "two years in a row" stat all you want. But which is more impressive? A Vince Lombardi trophy or a piece of paper that says "two consecutive AFC championship appearance"? I would want the trophy if it were me. But then again, if I was having a pissing contest with a division rival I guess a piece of paper isn't too bad either. But you wouldn't hear me bragging about it.

a SB champ isn't elite but a guy who had average #s and led his team to 9-7 in a weak division is elite?

The Jets played tougher teams in the title game and didn't get the huge breaks the giants got.

ONLY team to win reach 2 conf title games, no team has more playoff wins in last 3 years. That is elite.

Who do you consider the elite teams?

The Jets had a rookie HC and rookie QB, they scratched their way in and once in made the NFL's Final Four then did so again a year later.

I was referring to last year. You bring up 3 years ago, I'm just gonna leave it at that. Have fun in la la land!

Back
Top Bottom