Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown

i dont care whose elite and whose not. all i can tell you is if i have a choice of which team to play in one game, new england or the jest, i would take playing against jest 10 out of 10 times. i always look forward to our annual win against the jest. after all, they are the worst team in the afc east long history.

a SB champ isn't elite but a guy who had average #s and led his team to 9-7 in a weak division is elite?

The Jets played tougher teams in the title game and didn't get the huge breaks the giants got.

ONLY team to win reach 2 conf title games, no team has more playoff wins in last 3 years. That is elite.

Who do you consider the elite teams?

I honestly made the Eli comment just to irritate you. >:-}

It doesn't matter how tough your opponent. A win is a win, whether its by three point ls or twenty.

And again, those two title game appearances are only impressive in a divisional pissing contest. And in a division that has the Patriots in it, it is even less impressive. But you'll just throw the narrowed timeline at me again so whatever.

As for teams I consider elite, The Patriots and the Steelers are the only two that I think of when you say elite.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I was referring to last year. You bring up 3 years ago, I'm just gonna leave it at that. Have fun in la la land!

my mistake but I said we weren't elite in 2011 but taking the last 3 years into account we have been an elite team in those 3 years overall.

i dont care whose elite and whose not. all i can tell you is if i have a choice of which team to play in one game, new england or the jest, i would take playing against jest 10 out of 10 times. i always look forward to our annual win against the jest. after all, they are the worst team in the afc east long history.

Since 2009:
Jets 4-2 in postseason including whipping of Pats
NE 2-3 including being whipped by the Jets at home

It's nice that you have such high standards for your team where you are out of the race by October but are happy to win a meaningles game against us. When we dominated Miami in the late 90s-early 00s(won 8 straight) and Miami was making the playoffs while we were missing most years I wasn't happy.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I honestly made the Eli comment just to irritate you. >:-}

It doesn't matter how tough your opponent. A win is a win, whether its by three point ls or twenty.

And again, those two title game appearances are only impressive in a divisional pissing contest. And in a division that has the Patriots in it, it is even less impressive. But you'll just throw the narrowed timeline at me again so whatever.

As for teams I consider elite, The Patriots and the Steelers are the only two that I think of when you say elite.

I use the narrow timeline b/c that is when rex took over and it is recent, relevant history.

In that span the Jets have advanced further than NE 2 of 3 times, have twice as many playoff wins and beat up NE on the road in the '10 div rd. How are the Pats elite and the Jets not?

The ONLY team in the NFL to reach conf title games 2 opf the last 3 years
NO team has more playoff wins in the last 3 years

That is ELITE

The Jets had a rookie HC and rookie QB, they scratched their way in and once in made the NFL's Final Four then did so again a year later.

so I guess the Giants weren't elite winning a SB? they were 9-7 and made it b/c they played in a weak division then won close games in the title agme and SB.

elite QBs don't have playoff wins in only 2 of 8 seasons int he league, they don't miss 2 of the last 3 postseasons and lead their team to a 9-7 record in a weak division. He played like an elite QB in postseason which is when it matters most so I tip my cap but he's not an elite QB.

elite teams are the top teams in the league, if the Jets have the most playoff wins in the last 3 years under rex(share w/ GB, NYG, NO), the most title game apps(by themselves), the most playoff wins in the AFC in the last 3 years- how are they not elite? They weren't elite last year obviously but over the 3 years of rex they have been elite.

You'll tell me NE is elite w/ 2 playoff wins in 3 seasons but the Jets w/ 4(including beating up NE on the road in the '10 div rd) are not? Interesting.

An elite team wins championships. Pittsburgh, New England, New Orelans, Green Bay, N.Y. Giants. These are elite teams. Period.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

No. The Giants are not elite. Their quarterback is elite. And they to got hot at the right time, just like the Jets did. Except they didn't sputter out in the conference championship game like the Jets did.

And you can flaunt your "two years in a row" stat all you want. But which is more impressive? A Vince Lombardi trophy or a piece of paper that says "two consecutive AFC championship appearance"? I would want the trophy if it were me. But then again, if I was having a pissing contest with a division rival I guess a piece of paper isn't too bad either. But you wouldn't hear me bragging about it.

Winning two SBs in four years isn't elite? How do you figure?

a SB champ isn't elite but a guy who had average #s and led his team to 9-7 in a weak division is elite?

The Jets played tougher teams in the title game and didn't get the huge breaks the giants got.

ONLY team to win reach 2 conf title games, no team has more playoff wins in last 3 years. That is elite.

Who do you consider the elite teams?

Who do YOU consider the elite teams?

In that span the Jets have advanced further than NE 2 of 3 times, have twice as many playoff wins and beat up NE on the road in the '10 div rd. How are the Pats elite and the Jets not?

They've won a Super Bowl (three actually) in your lifetime. That's how.

They've won a Super Bowl (three actually) in your lifetime. That's how.

We are discussing the last few years not their dynasty from last decade. I think NE is an elite team the last few years butt he Jets are as well having advanced further 2 of the 3 years.

We are discussing the last few years not their dynasty from last decade. I think NE is an elite team the last few years butt he Jets are as well having advanced further 2 of the 3 years.

The last few years which coincidentally are the Jets best years over the last 20. No. You want to count the elite teams in the last 10 years? Giants, Steelers, Packers, Patriots. The last 5? Giants

The last few years which coincidentally are the Jets best years over the last 20. No. You want to count the elite teams in the last 10 years? Giants, Steelers, Packers, Patriots. The last 5? Giants

Coincidentally they are the Rex years and the CURRENT years.

Last 10 I'd say NE, NYG, Pitt, Indy, NO, GB

up next we'll discuss elite teams from 1972-1982

Those are all teams that won the Super Bowl in that time frame. A team that lost 2 AFC Championship games before going 8-8 in year 3 doesn't belong on an elite list. If they did, Bal would go on it before the Jets would. At least Bal has 2 AFC North divisional championships to go along with their 2 losses in the AFC Championship game in the last 4 years.

I'm not going to discuss the 1972-1982 time period b/c why do it? Before my time and not relevant to what we're discussing.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Those are all teams that won the Super Bowl in that time frame. A team that lost 2 AFC Championship games before going 8-8 doesn't belong on an elite list.

This is what common sense looks like. It's one thing to feel your team is a good team and can compete with others. It's another to fail to realize they shouldn't be put into a group of teams who have won a trophy (or numerous).

Those are all teams that won the Super Bowl in that time frame. A team that lost 2 AFC Championship games before going 8-8 doesn't belong on an elite list.

over a decade? I'd agree that wouldn't cut it but in the rex years which are only 3 seasons the jets have been an elite team.

AGAIN, they were not elite in 2011 but totalling up the last 3 years they are b/c A) no team has more title game apps, B) no team has won more playoff games, C)no AFC team has won as many playoff games.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I'm not going to discuss the 1972-1982 time period b/c why do it? Before my time and not relevant to what we're discussing.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

This is what common sense looks like. It's one thing to feel your team is a good team and can compete with others. It's another to fail to realize they shouldn't be put into a group of teams who have won a trophy (or numerous).

so 2002 is relevant today? How so? should I discuss how Chad Pennington, Laverneous Coles, Wayne Chrebet and santana Moss will do against Sam Madison and Pat Surtain?

elite teams are the top teams in the league, if the Jets have the most playoff wins in the last 3 years under rex(share w/ GB, NYG, NO), the most title game apps(by themselves), the most playoff wins in the AFC in the last 3 years- how are they not elite? They weren't elite last year obviously but over the 3 years of rex they have been elite.

They aren't elite b/c they haven't won a Super Bowl. They haven't even gotten to the Super Bowl. You are not elite if you haven't won.

You continue to say "Under Rex" b/c that's your mask to cover their inefficiency from anywhere between 2000-2008 or before. How can the Jets be considered in the same group as GB, NYG, and NO?

It's like a 4th grade quiz question.

Which team does not belong in this group?

a. New York Giants
b. Green Bay Packers
c. New York Jets
d. New Orleans Saints

The common denominator between three of those teams is clear as day.

They aren't elite b/c they haven't won a Super Bowl. They haven't even gotten to the Super Bowl. You are not elite if you haven't won.

You continue to say "Under Rex" b/c that's your mask to cover their inefficiency from anywhere between 2000-2008 or before. How can the Jets be considered in the same group as GB, NYG, and NO?

It's like a 4th grade quiz question.

Which team does not belong in this group?

a. New York Giants
b. Green Bay Packers
c. New York Jets
d. New Orleans Saints

The common denominator between three of those teams is clear as day.

I continue to say under rex b/c that is relevant. Would you prefer I discuss Brett Favre and Chad Pennington? how is that relevant to this discussion?

Those other tams are SB champs, they don't get crowned elite. There is only 1 SB champ per year, there are multiple elite teams per year and under rex the Jets have been one.

so 2002 is relevant today? How so? should I discuss how Chad Pennington, Laverneous Coles, Wayne Chrebet and santana Moss will do against Sam Madison and Pat Surtain?

2002 is relevant to the discussion b/c the Patriots were SB Champs in 2001, 2003, and 2004 with the same HC/QB combo. I dare you to find five people who feel the New England Patriots are not an elite team because their last SB win was 8 years ago.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

I continue to say under rex b/c that is relevant. Would you prefer I discuss Brett Favre and Chad Pennington? how is that relevant to this discussion?

Those other tams are SB champs, they don't get crowned elite. There is only 1 SB champ per year, there are multiple elite teams per year and under rex the Jets have been one.

How can there be multiple elite teams each individual year? There is only one elite team!

Back
Top Bottom