Jets sign Teague | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets sign Teague

The New Guy said:
BZ is actually correct. Chad has a slightly better playoff rating than Culpepper does. Culpepper's is 82.3, and Chad's is 84.3. The problem with Chad is he can't stay healthy. He has been injured so much that he only has 16 more TD passes in his career than Culpepper did in one season (2004). The big question with Chad is, will he be able recover from his shoulder injury. He did not look great at the beginning of last season. I think Ramsey will get a shot at the starting job.

BZ <heart> The New Guy. :)

Chad is a big question and really, the answer will not be in one season. He will need to go multiple seasons playing at a high percentage and winning to get over the last two years.

Positives for 2006:
- Chad has 4+ months more to recover
- Ramsey brings competition which is good
- Mangini will build an o-line to protect the QB

I hope this is Chad's break out year. I really do.

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
BZ <heart> The New Guy. :)

Chad is a big question and really, the answer will not be in one season. He will need to go multiple seasons playing at a high percentage and winning to get over the last two years.

Positives for 2006:
- Chad has 4+ months more to recover
- Ramsey brings competition which is good
- Mangini will build an o-line to protect the QB

I hope this is Chad's break out year. I really do.

BZ

chad had his break out year 4 years ago, I hope he's as close to halthy as possible b/c when healthy he's a very good QB and gives us a great chance to win.

I don't know about you guys but I'd much rather have Teague at C than Seth McKinney or Wade "revolving door" Smith. Smart signing by the Jets, as much as I hate to admit it.

WAY to much lovefest for Trey Teague here.....

Teague was one of the biggest problems with our line last year....

Gandy and Peters ended up being solid at the Tackle positions....we kept having instant pressure coming up the middle especially on 3rd down situations.....the main culprits....

Teague - just isn't a center...he isn't quick enough to get out of his stance and into his block.....and he isn't strong enough to face the bullrush. He is a nasty player who you can tell fights like it is life or death....but he just doesn't have the talent

Anderson...that big fat tub of go literally got ran over by a Panthers linemen on his way to a vicious hit on our QB....Mr. False start or hold

Villy....Villy gets a pass from me because he played hurt the majority of last year...the year before he was solid.

ch19079 said:
he is actually good. hes no probowler. and definatly can not do what their last center did, but hes not bad.

they could have chosen a center that was much worse.

Teague was our best lineman last year.

Prettiest turd in the toilet huh.

HiOctaneBills said:
Clueless? Hardly... Marv coached a lot of college ball, at New Mexico, Cal, William and Mary, etc which involves recruiting talent. He was GM of the CFL Alouettes before being hired in Buffalo in 86, and when he was coach there previously, had a major say in who was on the team. In KC he had final say on roster decisions, and in Buffalo he and Polian came to a decision together... so now who is the one who is clueless?

Yeah but they had open faced helmets then. That doesn't count.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom