Jets Vs Dolphins will not be flexed!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Vs Dolphins will not be flexed!!!

WatCanBrownDo4U

Impossible Is Nothing
Reaction score
In Week 17 they do not have sunday night or monday night games... all are played on sunday so dont worry about it being to cold cause of the night game cuz were playing at 1 and were gonna kick the jets A** "hopefully"

In Week 17 they do not have sunday night or monday night games... all are played on sunday so dont worry about it being to cold cause of the night game cuz were playing at 1 and were gonna kick the jets A** "hopefully"

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. There will be a Sunday night game, and it will be a game originally scheduled for 1pm of 4pm, since they do not schedule one for that time, they leave it open for a flex game to ensure that it has playoff implications.

you are right about there not being a Monday night game though.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. There will be a Sunday night game, and it will be a game originally scheduled for 1pm of 4pm, since they do not schedule one for that time, they leave it open for a flex game to ensure that it has playoff implications.

you are right about there not being a Monday night game though.

I dont know about that. A bowl game will be on that night at 8:15. Not too sure they will have a nfl game on with a bowl game as a well??

Not too sure. But To his point above there is no Sunday Night game scheduled for that night.

I dont know about that. A bowl game will be on that night at 8:15. Not too sure they will have a nfl game on with a bowl game as a well??

Not too sure. But To his point above there is no Sunday Night game scheduled for that night.

you don't have to believe me, but there will be an NFL game on Sunday night. Here's a link to NFL.com about flex scheduling. They specifically address that week 17 will have a flexed game.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible

Oh dear god please play a nationally televised game, I can not stand watching anymore Texans or Cowboys games here.

They never schedule a Sunday Night game at night anymore because ALL teams know that if their game has serious playoff implications, that thier game will be flexed into the primetime slot . . . no protection rights on week 17 . . . the best game gets flexed.

if we beat kansas city the game will be on sunday night. the nfl would love nothing more than a story line like that

they have to announce it 13 or something days in advance. so we'll know tomorrow probably if it gets flexed.

if we beat kansas city the game will be on sunday night. the nfl would love nothing more than a story line like that

I mean it all depends really . . . what if the Jets lose? I mean NBC would risk the Jets being eliminated from the playoffs entirely by flexing the game (if New England were to win next Sunday and on Sunday at 1 p.m.). Let's not kid ourselves . . . we have the feel good story . . . but the story to the NFL is BRETT FAVRE and him being eliminated already would be a drag and a risk that NBC probably doesn't take.

The only SURE way to get the game flexed is either both teams win . . . or New England loses to Arizona.

Anything else, it would take help from others not having playoff scenarios . . . and if worse comes to worse, they could go Minny and Giants (if the Giants can be put on NBC . . . they have been on like 4 times already . . . but I'm sure week 17 is unprotected.) for playoff seedings/potential bye.

As long as the the Jets and Dolphins take care of business next week, and they should, it will be flexed. Pennington against his former team for playoffs? Brett Favre, Madden's crush? How could they resist? Even if Chargers-Broncos becomes relevant, we still are more intriguing.

I mean it all depends really . . . what if the Jets lose? I mean NBC would risk the Jets being eliminated from the playoffs entirely by flexing the game (if New England were to win next Sunday and on Sunday at 1 p.m.). Let's not kid ourselves . . . we have the feel good story . . . but the story to the NFL is BRETT FAVRE and him being eliminated already would be a drag.

The only SURE way to get the game flexed is either both teams win . . . or New England loses to Arizona.

Anything else, it would take help from others not having playoff scenarios . . . and if worse comes to worse, they could go Minny and Giants (if the Giants can be put on NBC . . . they have been on like 4 times already . . . but I'm sure week 17 is unprotected.) for playoff seedings/potential bye.

the whole 'unprotected' thing is in regard to one of the other networks blocking the game. And I'm not so sure that Dallas/Philly wouldn't be the better option anyway if they weren't going with Dolphins/Jests. That could very well be a winner gets in game.

the whole 'unprotected' thing is in regard to one of the other networks blocking the game. And I'm not so sure that Dallas/Philly wouldn't be the better option anyway if they weren't going with Dolphins/Jests. That could very well be a winner gets in game.

I think Dallas and Philly would be the better option . . . if it has playoff implications (crap I just remember Dorsey is the starting QB tonight . . . that is a Philly win lol).

Still way too many scenarios right now. If Atlanta and Tampa both win this week, and Dallas loses to Bmore and Philly loses to Washington. The game looks less appealing . . . as both teams would be outside the playoff glass.

sorry but you are 100% wrong... There definitely is a Sunday night game in week 17... (last year... IND vs TEN) and there's a very good chance that the FINS will be playing at 8:15 this year

Back
Top Bottom