Jets Vs Dolphins will not be flexed!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Vs Dolphins will not be flexed!!!

assuming everything goes the way its supposed to , the miami jets game is going to be the flex game no matter wat. i was listening to mike francesa, and he said that it has to be an afc game and that the cowboy game no matter wat the scenario is entering that week can be chosen as the flex game.

assuming everything goes the way its supposed to , the miami jets game is going to be the flex game no matter wat. i was listening to mike francesa, and he said that it has to be an afc game and that the cowboy game no matter wat the scenario is entering that week can be chosen as the flex game.

nothing against you, but I don't trust your source at all.

It does not have to be an AFC game.

Also, did you mean to say the cowboy game 'can't be chosen? If so, I don't believe that to be true either.

I think Dallas and Philly would be the better option . . . if it has playoff implications (crap I just remember Dorsey is the starting QB tonight . . . that is a Philly win lol).

Still way too many scenarios right now. If Atlanta and Tampa both win this week, and Dallas loses to Bmore and Philly loses to Washington. The game looks less appealing . . . as both teams would be outside the playoff glass.

Yeah, since Dallas is never on primetime

In Week 17 they do not have sunday night or monday night games... all are played on sunday so dont worry about it being to cold cause of the night game cuz were playing at 1 and were gonna kick the jets A** "hopefully"

Do you really even follow the league at all?

There will be a Sunday night game, and if the Jets and Phins both win next week, you can guarentee it will be the Flex game.

nothing against you, but I don't trust your source at all.

It does not have to be an AFC game.

Also, did you mean to say the cowboy game 'can't be chosen? If so, I don't believe that to be true either.
i am 100 percent positive. i heard it on mike francesa and it also makes sense bc the cowboys will have been on primetime 5 times already which i think is the limit, and also they will have had 2 weeks in a row of nfc team games. dont trust my source but i can guarentee u that if the cowboy eagles game is a playoff game and so is ours, we r 100 % getting the game.

Its amazing how many people are lost on this issue.

1) There will be a game on Sunday night

2) Usually they have to announce the week before which game will be flexed, but to assure that in week 17 they take a game with playoff implications, they can wait till 6 days before

3) There is no Monday nighter the last week of the season. Obviously you dont want to give a team one less day than the other to prepare for a playoff game if possible.

4) Now alot of people may not be aware of this, and so its no knock to not know it. But, the Dallas game against Philly CAN NOT be flexed for this reason........Teams CAN play up to 5 primetime games, and ONE team can play SIX primetime games. However, the Eagles play their 5th primetime game tonight, and the Cowboys play their 5th on Saturday night. Therefore it cant be flexed because that would make TWO teams with 6 primetime games....they cant do it. Besides, if our game is for the AFC East title and the loser is out altogether, its a much better choice than Dallas vs. Philly due to A) Division title vs. Wildcard and B) the STORY. Brett Favre, Pennington, the whole thing. Its a great little story. Also NY is a huge market. Its the choice.

Now the one guy is right. If NE wins and the Jets lose this week, they may not take it, because they would be risking the Jets having nothing to play for if NE beats Buffalo during the day on Sunday. If the phins and Jets both win, its a lock to be the flex game.

Same deal for that Philly game anyway. If Atlanta and TB both get to 10 wins, they would be risking Philly having nothing to play for if they made it a Sunday nighter. Should Atlanta and TB get to 11 wins during the day. BTW, both Atlanta and TB play real easy games the last week, so if they both win this week, its pretty much a lock they get to 11 wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

2) Usually they have to announce the week before which game will be flexed, but to assure that in week 17 they take a game with playoff implications, they can wait till 6 days before

3) There is no Monday nighter the last week of the season. Obviously you dont want to give a team one less day than the other to prepare for a playoff game if possible.

4) Now alot of people may not be aware of this, and so its no knock to not know it. But, the Dallas game against Philly CAN NOT be flexed for this reason........Teams CAN play up to 5 primetime games, and ONE team can play SIX primetime games. However, the Eagles play their 5th primetime game tonight, and the Cowboys play their 5th on Saturday night. Therefore it cant be flexed because that would make TWO teams with 6 primetime games....they cant do it. Besides, if our game is for the AFC East title and the loser is out altogether, its a much better choice than Dallas vs. Philly due to A) Division title vs. Wildcard and B) the STORY. Brett Favre, Pennington, the whole thing. Its a great little story. Also NY is a huge market. Its the choice.

Now the one guy is right. If NE wins and the Jets lose this week, they may not take it, because they would be risking the Jets having nothing to play for if NE beats Buffalo during the day on Sunday. If the phins and Jets both win, its a lock to be the flex game.

Same deal for that Philly game anyway. If Atlanta and TB both get to 10 wins, they would be risking Philly having nothing to play for if they made it a Sunday nighter. Should Atlanta and Philly get to 11 wins during the day. BTW, both Atlanta and TB play real easy games the last week, so if they both win this week, its pretty much a lock they get to 11 wins.

That rule, as I have read it, is that no more than 3 teams may have more than 6 primetime games each. So, Philly and Dallas each having their 6th primetime game would be fine.

Here's a link. If you have a way to disprove this, I would appreciate it:

http://www.miamiherald.com/614/v-print/story/790617.html

CBS and Fox each get to protect five games (though none in Week 17). Only three teams can make as many as six prime-time appearances. And no team can appear more than four times on NBC.

I'm not disputing that Jets/Dolphins would be the better choice, just the notion that Philly/Dallas isn't an option.

EDIT: Also, I only think that they would do Dallas/Philly if it is guaranteed that the winner gets a playoff spot. I believe that is the case if Philly and Dallas win this week and either Atlanta or Tampa Bay loses.

That rule, as I have read it, is that no more than 3 teams may have more than 6 primetime games each. So, Philly and Dallas each having their 6th primetime game would be fine.

Here's a link. If you have a way to disprove this, I would appreciate it:

http://www.miamiherald.com/614/v-print/story/790617.html

I'm not disputing that Jets/Dolphins would be the better choice, just the notion that Philly/Dallas isn't an option.

Interesting. I have read the rule as only ONE team can play 6 primetime games. In fact, I saw it again recently.............
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/15/cowboys-eagles-in-play-for-week-seventeen-prime-time-game/

UPDATE: Oops. In calculating the Cowboys’ prime-time appearances, we overlooked the fact that the Eagles (after tonight) will have appeared in five prime-time games, too. Since only one team can go beyond the five-game limit for prime-time appearances, broadcasting the Cowboys-Eagles game would result in two teams appearing six times in prime time.
One of these 2 sources is incorrect in this case.

Oh well. Either way, if the Jets, Pats and Phins all win next week, its a LOCK to be the Sunday night game since no matter what else happens, the winner will be division champ and the loser will go home.

Interesting. I have read the rule as only ONE team can play 6 primetime games. In fact, I saw it again recently.............
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/15/cowboys-eagles-in-play-for-week-seventeen-prime-time-game/

One of these 2 sources is incorrect in this case.

Oh well. Either way, if the Jets, Pats and Phins all win next week, its a LOCK to be the Sunday night game since no matter what else happens, the winner will be division champ and the loser will go home.

I was ready to accept Florio's account of the rule as the correct one, as it read as if it came from NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, however later in the article he mentions Giants-Vikings as a possibility, ignoring that the Giants have already played the max 4 games on NBC this season. I don't know which to believe....

Same deal for that Philly game anyway. If Atlanta and TB both get to 10 wins, they would be risking Philly having nothing to play for if they made it a Sunday nighter. Should Atlanta and Philly get to 11 wins during the day. BTW, both Atlanta and TB play real easy games the last week, so if they both win this week, its pretty much a lock they get to 11 wins.
philly cant get to 11 wins because they tied one. best they can do is 10-5-1.

philly cant get to 11 wins because they tied one. best they can do is 10-5-1.

Exactly my point. 10-5-1 trumps 10-6. Thats why that game is shaky to take if both Atlanta and TB win this week. Because that would give them 10 wins and both of them are virtual locks to win in week 17 because they play at home vs. weak teams, thus eliminating Philly. Thats why Philly should play that game vs. Dallas during the day.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see why you responded with that. I mistakenly typed Philly when I meant to type TB in that earlier post.

we should get a nationally televised game i only c 3 other games that are worth anything

Back
Top Bottom