Jets want Fins or Pats to open up against in the new stadium! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets want Fins or Pats to open up against in the new stadium!

NJPHINFAN79

Active Roster
Reaction score
Jets’ owner would like Dolphins or Pats for MNF opener

by Brian Biggane The website ProFootballTalk.com got the speculation going Sunday night when it threw out the possibility that the Dolphins might be the New York Jets’ opponent in the first Monday Night Football game of next season.
Jets owner Woody Johnson gave his support to the idea at the NFL spring meetings in Orlando Monday.

“Dolphins? That’s a possibility,” Johnson said. “Either (them) or the Patriots would be a pretty good game.”
A coin flip last week determined that the New York Giants will open the new stadium on a Sunday and the Jets will play the following night. No opponents have been announced for either game.
The NFL schedule isn’t due to be announced until mid-April, but some of the premier matchups tend to leak out at these meetings, which continue until Wednesday. Johnson insisted he has no inside information.
“I know it’s 7 o’clock, Monday night, ESPN, in our stadium,” he said when asked about the reports. “But has the opponent been selected? I don’t know.”
The Dolphins do make a lot of sense, particularly since other reports have New England playing at Detroit on Thanksgiving Day.
It goes without saying that it sticks in the craw of both Jets’ fans and coach Rex Ryan that Miami beat New York in both meetings last year - one of them in a dramatic Monday nighter in Miami. One can imagine the Jets lobbying hard to get their chance to extract revenge in their first-ever appearance at the spanking new stadium

Beating them in the first game of the new dump would be PRICELESS! I can't wait to see ganggreen that day! :tongue2:

I'm sure we won't play them their first game on their home turf. Not the best way starting off a new stadium with a home team loss...

I will laugh when Sanchez is sacked 7 times by Wake and Dansby, following a season ending.

From Fin_Frenzy_84

To Jets owner

We will be honored to hand you your first L in your stadium

I'd love to see it. New England would rape them. We will make it a good game. Sanchez will be rusty.

\Imagine how much **** rex would talk if Miami was playing them in the opener? Imagine D. Bryant having a coming out party with a 2 td game :-) Seriously though, I would love beating the **** out of these dumb *** jets for the first time in this new stadium, and remembering it every day until I die. I hate those ****ers

I'm sure we won't play them their first game on their home turf. Not the best way starting off a new stadium with a home team loss...

That's why they wont play NE.. They'd think they have a better chance against Miami I bet..

Poor Buffalo not being considered too. I guess the Bills are the red-headed step sons of the AFC East.

And I'd love to beat the Jets for the first game in the new stadium and making it 3 in a row. Get to make fun of all my friends who are Jet fans!

And I'd love to beat the Jets for the first game in the new stadium and making it 3 in a row. Get to make fun of all my friends who are Jet fans!

Even better that would be 4 in a row. The last game '08 with JetFavre, the two in '09, and then another in '10.

Edit: make that 2 more wins in '10

Last edited by a moderator:
so basically he dont want to play the bills because it would be an easy win. i hope the bills are listening.

Back
Top Bottom