Jets want Fins or Pats to open up against in the new stadium!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NJPHINFAN79, Mar 22, 2010.

1. NJPHINFAN79

NJPHINFAN79 A True Fan

Jets’ owner would like Dolphins or Pats for MNF opener

by Brian Biggane The website ProFootballTalk.com got the speculation going Sunday night when it threw out the possibility that the Dolphins might be the New York Jets’ opponent in the first Monday Night Football game of next season.
    Jets owner Woody Johnson gave his support to the idea at the NFL spring meetings in Orlando Monday.

“Dolphins? That’s a possibility,” Johnson said. “Either (them) or the Patriots would be a pretty good game.”
    A coin flip last week determined that the New York Giants will open the new stadium on a Sunday and the Jets will play the following night. No opponents have been announced for either game.
    The NFL schedule isn’t due to be announced until mid-April, but some of the premier matchups tend to leak out at these meetings, which continue until Wednesday. Johnson insisted he has no inside information.
    “I know it’s 7 o’clock, Monday night, ESPN, in our stadium,” he said when asked about the reports. “But has the opponent been selected? I don’t know.”
    The Dolphins do make a lot of sense, particularly since other reports have New England playing at Detroit on Thanksgiving Day.
    It goes without saying that it sticks in the craw of both Jets’ fans and coach Rex Ryan that Miami beat New York in both meetings last year - one of them in a dramatic Monday nighter in Miami. One can imagine the Jets lobbying hard to get their chance to extract revenge in their first-ever appearance at the spanking new stadium

2. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Beating them in the first game of the new dump would be PRICELESS! I can't wait to see ganggreen that day! :tongue2:

3. Dolphins Own

Dolphins Own Dolphins fan since 2002

I'm sure we won't play them their first game on their home turf. Not the best way starting off a new stadium with a home team loss...

4. ChadHennington7

ChadHennington7 Active Member

I will laugh when Sanchez is sacked 7 times by Wake and Dansby, following a season ending.

5. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

From Fin_Frenzy_84

To Jets owner

We will be honored to hand you your first L in your stadium

6. Stills&Landry

Stills&Landry Well-Known Member

That would be awesome.

7. sharp

sharp Scout Team

I'd love to see it. New England would rape them. We will make it a good game. Sanchez will be rusty.

8. uga3406

uga3406 Pro Bowler

no way i want to start off the season w/ 2 straight road games

9. TKAllDay

TKAllDay Seasoned Veteran Donator

\Imagine how much **** rex would talk if Miami was playing them in the opener? Imagine D. Bryant having a coming out party with a 2 td game :) Seriously though, I would love beating the **** out of these dumb *** jets for the first time in this new stadium, and remembering it every day until I die. I hate those ****ers

10. DcRy82

DcRy82 A True Fan

That's why they wont play NE.. They'd think they have a better chance against Miami I bet..

11. Finfan Griff

Finfan Griff Starter

Poor Buffalo not being considered too. I guess the Bills are the red-headed step sons of the AFC East.

And I'd love to beat the Jets for the first game in the new stadium and making it 3 in a row. Get to make fun of all my friends who are Jet fans!

12. CusePhinFan

CusePhinFan Well-Known Member

That's what I'm thinking too, but man that would be great to beat them in their new digs right out of the gate.

13. CusePhinFan

CusePhinFan Well-Known Member

Even better that would be 4 in a row. The last game '08 with JetFavre, the two in '09, and then another in '10.

Edit: make that 2 more wins in '10

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2010
  14. SpaceMountain16

SpaceMountain16 Disgruntled Donator

Good, because i'd love to open up the meadowlands and hang a huge L on the Jets.

15. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Hot Sauce Moderator Finheaven VIP

so basically he dont want to play the bills because it would be an easy win. i hope the bills are listening.

16. emeraldfin

emeraldfin Gary Speed RIP Donator

Beating the Jets in their first game in their new stadium.......

Gotta make that happen

17. JetsDefense

JetsDefense Well-Known Member

Although I got a hunch it will be against you guys I don't want to open against you. I'd rather have you guys have to come up here and play in December. Either way it will be a good game I'm sure. Its either you or us winning the division this year so each of the two games is gonna be huge.

Personally I think they'll have us open with either the Vikes or Ravens...better story lines IMO. Bert comes back to play the Jets, LT turned downed the Vikes for us....or...Rex going against his old team. Our home opener has been with the Pats for the past three years...I'm tired of it.

18. NYinBostonFin

NYinBostonFin Playoffs Please!!

Honestly, it should be us. The rivalry is back, and the Pats are on the slide. We are the top 2 teams in the division by next year if not surprisingly this year.
    Not to mention Ryan can't stop talking about us, and incidents off the field.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

be careful what you wish for. i love how you guys think you'll beat us every time now, it's very amusing.

20. myke1072

myke1072 Scout Team

It's no worse than how a lot of Jets fans felt about Miami games a few years back. To me, your coach wanting to play us or the Patriots is a compliment to both teams. I think this would be a great game. I see this becoming one of the hot rivalries of the next 5-10 years. Both teams would come full force because we each know the importance of a division game between two good teams. Now, if I was a Buffalo Bill (God forbid that ever happening :lol:) I'd be a bit offended that my team was not mentioned.

21. jovanwolf

jovanwolf Well-Known Member

Not that I lack confidence in our team's abilities/talent, but we don't have the best opening season record. Playing against the Jets in their stadium, primetime, scares me a little bit. I would rather have the Fins play a few games before going against such an important division rival. That way we could hone our team and have some time to give our guys some real game experience. We got a very young team compared to the Jets and I think the few games could do them good.

With that said, if we are the opponents I say it will be a VERY tough game for both teams.

22. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

The difference is we dominated you guys for years and years, your current "domination" consists of 3 games. If you sweep us again I'll agree you are in our players heads but 3 games is too small of a smaple.

I think it was our owner who mentioned it and yes it is a compliment to both you and NE. Desapite what our players coaches said last year they respect Miami- how could they not? I think our rivalry is growing to the way it used to be and that's good for us and good for the league.

23. bert

bert Starter

with ronnies foot.i am sure the jets would like to play us as soon they can.they dont want to face ronnie 100% and play power football with the cat.with the jets 2 corners and are wr's.it's not a good match up for us.we need to play power football against them .i am glad we got another another hard nose guard.

24. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

I find your confidence amusing.

25. Mcganiel

Mcganiel A True Fan

Since the Giants won the coin toss, I would love for us to open up against the Jets in Miami.

26. Mcganiel

Mcganiel A True Fan

Yeah both teams are going in the right direction. Great to see.

27. Taylormade 99

Taylormade 99 Well-Known Member

If the thought of the Jets and Fins battling it out on Monday night on opening week don't get your blood pumping your not a fan. I say bring it and lets stomp those P___y a_s Jets in the turf of there brand new digs!!! GOOOOOOO PHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Jetsfan0099

Jetsfan0099 Scout Team

Funny considering Sanchez wasn't sacked 7 times in a game last season. The most he got sacked in a single game was 4 times. Henne has the better shot at being sacked 7 times.

I would welcome playing you guys opening game, the stadium will be crazy and the defense will be out to dominate. Rex thinks that the defense will be even better this year and so do I. Year 2 in the scheme and got rid of some weak points, we'll upgrade the DL in the draft and also get back Jenkins.

29. myke1072

myke1072 Scout Team

I thought about that, but you must consider that 3 games is a big start for us after the years of frustration the Jets caused.

30. alexwr4

alexwr4 Starter

Wow, i really hate de J.E.S.T., i hope we can kick their ***** again. and i will love our only girl in the roster do it again jajaja TED GINN