Jim ROME on Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim ROME on Ricky

Phinz4Life

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
Jim Rome supports the Dolphins FO going after that 5 million in money, and basically laughs at Ricky's " embarrassing PR to go after a guy with 3 kids" comments.

Also:

Maybe he wouldn't be so anxious if he didn't burn so many blunts!
:lol:

Remember when Jim Everett got all PO'd when Rome kept calling him Chris?

Rome should get an interview with Ricky and then keep calling him Serena. Maybe he can get Ricky to take a swing at him. (unless he is too high at the time)

1972 said:
Remember when Jim Everett got all PO'd when Rome kept calling him Chris?

Rome should get an interview with Ricky and then keep calling him Serena. Maybe he can get Ricky to take a swing at him. (unless he is too high at the time)

Ive seen that interview, but never understood the problem. Can someone explain why the guy was pissed?

yea i was watching too, he almost was making fun of ricky for his social anxiety disorder saying something to the degree of "yea hes got a anxiety disorder, but that doesnt justify all the stupid things that have come out of his mouth, maybe he woudnt be so anxious if he didnt burn so many blunts" haha i love it

And Jim kept asking Rome to quit calling him Chris, but he kept calling him Chris anyway. over and over. I think Rome eventually got fined and fired for provoking him.

Jim Rome IS THE MAN. I never tire of listening to him. :D

1972 said:
And Jim kept asking Rome to quit calling him Chris, but he kept calling him Chris anyway. over and over. I think Rome eventually got fined and fired for provoking him.
Yep, good ole GROUNDBREAKING ESPN. That show kicked butt back in the day (remember the time period, early 90's). Nothing on TV was like it. He got in one fight (which made the show even more popular, so ESPN pretty much kicks him off the air a little while later.

Rome called him "CHRIS" every day on his radio show for years. All the time on his TV show. Everett knew what he was getting into by going on the show. He's a punk who came off looking like a fool. If you don't want to be called Chris, don't go on his show!

BizarroAndres said:
Ive seen that interview, but never understood the problem. Can someone explain why the guy was pissed?
The knock on Jim as aQB was that he was afraid of being hit. So Rome called him Chris since she was female. More or less implying that Jim was soft & weak (Not that I think women are)

Dphins4me said:
The knock on Jim as aQB was that he was afraid of being hit. So Rome called him Chris since she was female. More or less implying that Jim was soft & weak (Not that I think women are)

Now it makes more sense, thanks

Afterwards I kind of wondered if the thing with Jim Everett was staged. Because Jim went really easy on him, as I recall, when he could have knocked Rome out, but he just grabbed him by the collar and lightly lowered or carefully wrestled him to the floor.
It did not look all that violent and spontaneous anyway. Then they cut to commercial and we never saw the end of it. That was about 15 years ago, so maybe I'm remembering it differently than some of you.

Jim Everett was a good QB for a few years as I recall. The Rams had some decent teams in the 80s when he was there.

Back
Top Bottom