JMO but that coul be easiest to upgrade in FA than in Draft. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JMO but that coul be easiest to upgrade in FA than in Draft.

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I know that our staff want upgrade with young player and I think it's the best thing to do, but this year IMO that could be easiest to do it in FA tahn in draft, I mean :

We need to improve

1/ our WR corp : 3 names in FA Bowe, Wallace and Jennings and in the same time : sorry byt IMO nobody is a can't miss prospect in draft
2/ our TE corp : In that case in FA Martellus Bennett seems interesting or why not Gonzalez for 1 year, but IMO we need to draft 1 solid TE
3/ our DB (FS and CB ) : 3 names IMO : kenny Phillips, Marcus Truffant and Grimes in FA in the same time : sorry but nobody is a can't miss project here too always JMO
4/ Our pass rush : We will found me mad here, but I think moving Dansby on OL spot could solve many pass rush problem in arizona he was good to that...........and I wiould sign a no superstar LB lile Jasper Brinkley who is a thumper against the run.

Like that we could draft BPA in almost every round ..............and why not Matt Barley if he's here when we pick.

No QB controversy here, RT was solid this year but 2 young QB competing and in 2 year the best will be our QB for a decade and the second will be a very solid back up and we could trade him for picks in the future.

Perhaps I am mad and I haven't many college football analysis but that don't seems a very solid draft class.

Opinions

Why in the world would Gonzalez sign here if he doesn't retire? That point alone discredits the whole thread. Stopped reading there.

I think the way to get younger is thru the draft. FA is for veteran starters or key contributors. I think Jennings is coming and he is now 29.

Why in the world would Gonzalez sign here if he doesn't retire? That point alone discredits the whole thread. Stopped reading there.

I know Gonzo is playing on a contender at a high level and the team wants him, but yeah he will leave that?

I would not be completely shocked if we took Barkley. Regardless of opinion as of right now Tanny is not a franchise QB. Drafting Barkley would raise our chances of having an elite QB dramatically. Not saying we will or even should but I can see some logic in that thinking. It is the most important position in football and every team needs it

Hey guys sorry if you think I am mad, but if falcon don't resign gonzalez he could be interested and he would be a solid help for tannehill , and for barkley, sorry again but if nobody is a can't miss project and we can't trade down, I pick the best QB possible in Barkley at the more important position on a football team, so ly logic insn't that bad.

JMO

I agree with what your saying and I think we've seen Ireland take this approach in the past. Fill a need with a cheap FA and draft BPA. We didn't desperately need a center when we took Pouncey, we surely didn't need Odrick with Starks and Langford already. Philbin's way is draft no FA.. thats wrong IMO. You can't do one and not the other. Yes, you build through the draft, that means get your needs in FA, get your high potential guys in the draft.

agree, and if I was upset with our last decade FO, randy Muller was right in One thing, draft a QB every year, keep the best and trade for pick the second best if he's very solid.

I would not be completely shocked if we took Barkley. Regardless of opinion as of right now Tanny is not a franchise QB. Drafting Barkley would raise our chances of having an elite QB dramatically. Not saying we will or even should but I can see some logic in that thinking. It is the most important position in football and every team needs it

You realize that this IS an opinion, right?

meyers the tight end from oakland is a free agent, he caught 80 passes this year.... could be a nice upgrade to fasano.

peyton hillis is a FA, he could be a cheaper upgrade for reggie and give us a more stable running game,

kenny phillips would be a nice upgrade to chris clemons if he can stay healthy.

of the big 3 wideouts... i think wallace is really good but considering big ben is throwing to him it concerns me he isnt doing better. greg jennings might only be a year older than bowe but he is much more worn down with hop and groin injuries. you cant have a wideout his size whos game is based purely on his speed and quick twitch ability having worn down legs and lower half. his game wont be the same soon.

dwayne bowe is the best option if you have to get one of the three. his game is the tall out jump/out muscle you kind that doesnt phase at 30 years old. he has a lot more time to dominate the way he plays the position than a jennings. he also did a lot more with a lot less throwin to him.

that being said. if miami goes for the first options over a wideout.... we can draft one without worrying about leaving holes. save draft for corners, wideouts, guards, and passrushers

Love this thread. I needed a good laugh this morning and I got it here....lol

Ozzy rules!!

Despite the...optimism...of the OP, I'd completely forgotten that Trufant was a FA. Hmmm.

Probably cheap because of his age, but I'm not entirely sure how we'd convince him to leave that secondary and home crowd, if Seattle wants to re-sign him.

Hey guys sorry if you think I am mad, but if falcon don't resign gonzalez he could be interested and he would be a solid help for tannehill , and for barkley, sorry again but if nobody is a can't miss project and we can't trade down, I pick the best QB possible in Barkley at the more important position on a football team, so ly logic insn't that bad.

JMO

It's just not going to happen. As a secondary Falcon fan, I can tell you that it's Atlanta or bust for Gonzalez at this point. Ryan has lobbied for his return and if they win a playoff game this year, Gonzo might be back in the ATL. The Dolphins need a TE in the worst way. Gronk and Hernandez types don't just happen (unless your drafting and your name isn't Ireland). Miami needs to model Atlanta from an offensive standpoint. They had Roddy White, went up to get Julio and have seam splitting TE. Easy enough?

Back
Top Bottom